• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline |OT| Battlefield FIVE-O

meppi

Ya I was wondering what the general concensus was on the ps4 vs xbox one for this game. Who has more players playing on it ect.

I know the xb1 version has a lot of screaming kids on it. Really making me say screw the 40 rank I have and switch over. Hard to mute a whole lobby full of kids every match.

Didn't have this happen on PS4 so far in Hardline.
During my time with Advanced Warfare it happened constantly though.

GravyButt

Yea I have it on the xb1. I was going to get it originally for ps4 but my buddy decided he wanted the ea access discount. hes already stopped playing it and went back to evolve.

So yea, I have a few not so close friends on the ps4 that play it a lot, and we game together once in a while. So debating at this price if I should switch over. I bought it digitally for the xb1 like a turd. Going to hurt losing all the stuff I gained though on the xb1 and starting fresh.

Meh, maybe ill just stick with it and convince him to come back and play. He quit because he was sick of the snipers and the people not playing objectives. Cant say I blame him though.

meppi

The game can really be hit or miss depending on the team you're on.
Sometimes you just get thrown in with a team that doesn't seem to know how to play the game at all, which can be very frustrating.
Although entering a squad with at least one other person who knows what he's doing and will back you up and doesn't bail on you when things go south can make a ton of difference.

Sadly, very few people on my friendlist are playing it as well, certainly compared to the previous games. So sad that the previous clusterfucks by DICE have scared away so many from Hardline.
If you ever decide to go with the PS4 version, feel free to add me: meppi64.

webkatt

So if anyone bought this at launch don't forget to PM Best Buy for the lower price!

It's still within the adjustment window.

dangeROSS

I got a price adjustment on the copy I preordered through best buy. I hope this doesnt affect the $10 reward certificate that was supposed to come from the preorder too. If we still get those certificates in addition to this price adjustment, this will turn out to be a really nice deal overall. Still surprised this dropped so fast in price.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i finished the campain, quite good compared to BF3 and BF4s.
I quite liked it when it was like Police show up until
it goes ham and gets you drive a tank taking down choppers and flooding buildings

The ending itself it was cool, but the cutscene ended abruptly.

Lulu23

Is there a website or something where I can track or at least see only the assignments that unlock weapons or gadgets?
I don't care for camos, dogtags etc. and the list on Battlelog is just to tedious to go through.

Tubie

This game is fun. Played afew hours of conquest and really enjoying it. The lack of weapon selection sucks though.

Well on the other hand there's less redundant weapons, BF4 had so many and people still used the select few that were better than the rest.

But I agree, Hardline could use a few more weapons.

Woo-Fu

Banned
64 player Aussie PS4 servers are a complete mess with rubberbanding.

WTF?

I say WTF every time somebody mentions playing 64 players on these horribly small maps.

In other news weekend Hotwire is horrible, teams are filled with people who want TDM with safe spawns. Kind of annoying.

f0nz0

Just got the Game, it's fun.. I don't know if I ran into a glitch or what, but I had enough money to purchase the m16, and so I did.. But I can't equip it, what am I doing wrong.. My money is gone.. Everytime I go into the customize section the gun is now Greyed out because I don't have enough $ to buy it..

Edit: Nevermind :)

Dr Prob

Banned
Quick tip for transport chopper pilots/something that's been bugging me: Please put your gunners in a position to succeed.

While the responsibility of keeping the vehicle alive and ferrying people around to the objectives can certainly cut into this, try to help your gunners out when you're actually attacking something. Keeping the thing stable is obvious, but I've also been seeing many pilots keep the target in their crosshairs, which are irrelevant as if the chopper is orientated that way the gunners can't do shit (fig. 1a). Unfortunately this means that you'll have to pick a side to favor, but that's life.

sB2wBOg.jpg

fig. 1a (this took hours to make)

Sojgat

I say WTF every time somebody mentions playing 64 players on these horribly small maps.

In other news weekend Hotwire is horrible, teams are filled with people who want TDM with safe spawns. Kind of annoying.

TDM 64 players is a good way to get camera coins or else I'd be playing heist.

M.W.

Played hot wire last night. Just found maps with small player counts so I could rank up and earn some cash just by driving around. Holy fuck was that easy. I think I ranked up 7 times and got about 50k in 45 min or so.

Theorry

Hardline still doing good in the UK.

"EA's multiplatform shooter Battlefield Hardline has held on to the top spot in this week's UK All Formats Chart, denying last week's big release Bloodborne a No.1 debut.

Bloodborne missed out on the top spot by 22,500 copies,"

Chabbles

Well on the other hand there's less redundant weapons, BF4 had so many and people still used the select few that were better than the rest.

But I agree, Hardline could use a few more weapons.

But, but, more guns! (that aren't paid dlc). Your right though, there's only a small amount worth using long term when the smoke settles.. but when the maps start to get a bit played out and boring, thats when the bigger gun selection can make things interesting again.

iso135

Over the last three or four days I really sank some time into MP and I love it. This is the most fun I have had with Battlefield since Bad Company 2. Played a ton of Hotwire. That coupled with objective boosts and double exp allowed me to go from rank 20 to rank 54 rather quickly.

Does anyone know when double exp event ends? Is it already over?

I think I would like just one match of Blood Money where the people playing have played Blood Money before and realize that you can fucking aim and shoot while picking up loot

Kowalski

Banned
Over the last three or four days I really sank some time into MP and I love it. This is the most fun I have had with Battlefield since Bad Company 2. Played a ton of Hotwire. That coupled with objective boosts and double exp allowed me to go from rank 20 to rank 54 rather quickly.

Does anyone know when double exp event ends? Is it already over?

I think today is the last day.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm playing this on Xbox One. I am mostly in blood money and heist, some rescue (it reminds me of my days in college on Counterstrike). I really like it. It's fast paced and I am running around shooting guys in the face with the shotgun. As great a spectacle as BF3 and BF4 are, I find myself enjoying smaller scale games like this and BC2. I don't even know why they put a 64 player mode in here.

So yea, pleasant surprise.

shanafan

I got a price adjustment on the copy I preordered through best buy. I hope this doesnt affect the $10 reward certificate that was supposed to come from the preorder too. If we still get those certificates in addition to this price adjustment, this will turn out to be a really nice deal overall. Still surprised this dropped so fast in price.

I think I got my $10 RZ certificate a week after I bought it.

You've probably found this info already, but here it is anyway.

◾Operator Assignment 2
◾10 operator specific guns and/or gadgets purchased
◾Unlock Operator Gold Service Star 1

◾200 Assault Rifle kills
◾Unlock the Operator's tier 4 Reputation track in 10 different matches
◾15 First Aid Pack Coins
◾15 Revive Coins

Missed this before. Thank you

Quick tip for transport chopper pilots/something that's been bugging me: Please put your gunners in a position to succeed.

While the responsibility of keeping the vehicle alive and ferrying people around to the objectives can certainly cut into this, try to help your gunners out when you're actually attacking something. Keeping the thing stable is obvious, but I've also been seeing many pilots keep the target in their crosshairs, which are irrelevant as if the chopper is orientated that way the gunners can't do shit (fig. 1a). Unfortunately this means that you'll have to pick a side to favor, but that's life.

sB2wBOg.jpg

fig. 1a (this took hours to make)
Good point. It frustrates me how people don't get the roles of the transport chopper or command unit. I hate the people who drive the command unit like the attack SUV, only to get it blown up. It's a spawn vehicle!

With the chopper, using your diagram, the best you can do for both gunners is to hover at road intersection so both can fire, preferably with vehicle killing HMGs. Sometimes I'll land a chopper on a roof and use the unreachable height to gun down an important objective using minigun, and then some ahole will spawn on me, takeoff and then ditch, killing me.

Lakitu

st5fu
Conquest: Disappointing/mediocre
Hotwire/Blood Money: Meh
Rescue/Heist: Real good shit. The only 2 game modes I can see myself playing

That's brutal. I think the Elite gear looks good, but that price is ridiculous.

So I just discovered it's actually even worse. Apparently there are multiple sets for each class depending on the map. So in addition to getting it for each class and both factions, you also have to unlock it depending on the outfit for the map. Ridiculous.

Tubie

So I just discovered it's actually even worse. Apparently there are multiple sets for each class depending on the map. So in addition to getting it for each class and both factions, you also have to unlock it depending on the outfit for the map. Ridiculous.

Well after a certain rank you have nothing else to spend money on. I'm 88 and I have everything else, even the zebra camos, except the outfits. I might skip them and do the cash hoarding assignments, I think I have like 500k sitting around right now.

Noticed there wasnt a ps4 digital version for Amazon but xboxone had one. Wanted it as a digital instead of retail for ps4. I guess ill get later down the line.

Boston

Where can I get this digitally for XboxOne for 39.99? I checked amazon earlier today and they didn't have it for that price.

blown away right now... bought it for xbox one, asking me to create an origin account even though i have one? where is the ability to login? so confused... anyone on xbox one have any tips?

Got this last week and been loving it so far (even convinced 2 mates to buy it yesterday) - I can't get enough right now and I was playing AW & BF4 a few weeks back but I am really enjoying the setting and the lack of Exo suits mean that cover, mdeium scale firefight trading and tactics have become a 'thing' again in my online shooter world.

The graphics have been panned and maybe rightly so on some maps/things but in other areas like Downtown they are very good and whilst not a overall pretty as BF4 the image quality seems sharper and less inky and the increased framerate makes a HUGE diffference to the look and feel.

The Mulitplayer can feel so different depending on your mood and what you wish to play, want to chill and transport some guys and hold a chopper still whilst they mow down foes below - want to run around solo like COD with an SMG wrecking people - want to play a one life game that is very tense like Rescue ..... you can do all this and much more.

The game can be very atmospheric as well - Michael Mann vibes and TDK Bank vault vibes - I was running mostly solo in conquest small on Growhouse and with the gas mask on and silenced K10 gun and the cool night time lighting on that map and your character breathing through the maks with the filter on your screen and I was thinking ..... This is superb.

The game is getting a lot of hate but I am loving it and not even started the Campaign yet. I was so not expecting to like this game and fell in the 'BF4 Mod' way of thinking - but Visceral have done great things and I would love a better looking sequel in a few years.

They just need to fix TDM spawn and a few other things and this could have real legs as an MP shooter - check it out guys.

Lakitu

st5fu
The maps are pretty well designed for Heist/Blood Money. All except for The Block. It's easily the worst map in the history of Battlefield. Horrible.

Newlove

Unlocking the double barrel shotgun is something I think I'll never put the time in to do. Riot shield coins and getting Tier 5 perks would be a pain in the arse. Shame really considering the limited weapon selection as is.

Theorry

Unlocking the double barrel shotgun is something I think I'll never put the time in to do. Riot shield coins and getting Tier 5 perks would be a pain in the arse. Shame really considering the limited weapon selection as is.

Gun is not worth it also. Performance wise.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
blown away right now... bought it for xbox one, asking me to create an origin account even though i have one? where is the ability to login? so confused... anyone on xbox one have any tips?
Sounds like your XBL email is different from your Origin one? Origin by default checks for a match there.

Link your XBL tag to your Origin account via the PC client. You can unlink/link properly there.

Top Bottom