• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zing

Banned
Yeah it'll take some time to adjust and you'll die a lot as your old reflexes don't work. I made the switch late last year from tap jump to jump on R trigger. Sometimes I regret that I didn't train to jump on a face button like y or x, but that's mostly because my right pointer finger is already a little strained from being used as mouse button clicker, so sometimes my finger gets a bit tired. But putting jump on a trigger has the advantage of leaving my thumb free to do whatever as I jump - makes jump canceled out of shield attacks really easy. Anyway, making the switch to buttons is well worth it, keep it up! And expect to die a lot in the meantime.
Thanks for the comments amidst all this matchmaking chat.

Seriously, has anyone considered a matchmaking thread? People are essentially using this thread as an IRC channel to match up and chat. It would be nice to have a thread where discussion about the actual game could be had.

Great OT, can't wait.

Is the patch released at midnight?

lol.
:(

If patch notes got released, that would mean Sakurai cares about smash competitively.

dcedef6c66.gif

Sorry for the delayed response I was just playing on Anther's Ladder, it's K we'll play some other time.

Anyone wanna 1v1 my Mewtwo? I need practice.
I'll play if you like, need to learn this matchup more.

You can host and I'll send you a request.

Edit: What's your ID?

Cronox

Banned

Seriously, has anyone considered a matchmaking thread? People are essentially using this thread as an IRC channel to match up and chat. It would be nice to have a thread where discussion about the actual game could be had.

Believe me we've had discussions about it in previous OTs. But the matchmaking chat easily bleeds into more in-depth discussion sometimes so it's hard to separate. Given the kind of format GAF uses, splitting the community into two threads would get a little awkward. There'd be lots of cross-posting, I'd imagine. It's a quick moving thread, sometimes you just post and hope it gets read...

Vylash

that's how the thread's been for a long time, asking everyone to migrate to irc is unreasonable, and I think you're overestimating how much genuine discussion there is for a game that's been out for 5 months

GenG3000

Have anyone noticed increased startup times after the update? I have to wait a lot each time until the opening video finally appears.

Thanks for the game Ricky! Sorry I had to cut it soon, but something came up.

Really like the Mewtwo you have there. I would try to cut back on the dash attacks as they become a bit predictable. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom