• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) |OT| Greatest Hits

Wow, what a mess up by the EU PSN store. I can't download it either (should be cross-buy here too). How do they mess that up?! Never made that mistake before IIRC, seems like a difficult one to make.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Wow, what a mess up by the EU PSN store. I can't download it either (should be cross-buy here too). How do they mess that up?! Never made that mistake before IIRC, seems like a difficult one to make.

Not sure why people are surprised. This is PSN after all.

Revisiting this master piece is like meeting with a dear friend after a long time.

Really can't wait to explore that amazing, misterious and beautiful world alongside real people.

Dat feelz.

EDIT: Crossbuy seems to be working here, on Brazil. Although the store hasn't been update yet, it says I can't buy it because I already own it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If you bought the game digitally on PS3, you do get the game for free. You just miss out on the online component if you don't pay for PS+.

I wasn't even aware the game was playable without online.

grimmiq

Bought this a while ago on PS3 but for some stupid reason never got around to playing it. Going to set aside a couple of hours tonight, hopefully I don't go through solo.

McFadge

Regarding crossbuy from thatgamecompany's twitter:

A6ads5W.png

Shouldn't be in the OT for the game they are excited to play for the first time?

Can we not have a week spoiler free rule or something? Or a no spoilers OT? Because I too would like to not be spoiled, but still discuss.

I have played the game, but not gotten that far. I really don't consider that a spoiler. The gif hasn't ruined anything for me. Your comment made it seem like something significant is about to happen though (still don't know what's going to happen, so nothing spoiled).

Played for 10 min but I'm gonna hold off until its out in the US. Played solo when it came out so it'd be nice to have a companion for second playthrough.

On the website it does not recognize that I already own the game on PS3 do I need to do something on my ps3?

It does see that I have PS+ but on the webstore it does not say free it says 11.99.

Anyone else have this problem?

[edit] I see more folks have the problem, also I see TGC response I'll just wait then :) thank you all.

NeoRausch

On the website it does not recognize that I already own the game on PS3 do I need to do something on my ps3?

It does see that I have PS+ but on the webstore it does not say free it says 11.99.

Anyone else have this problem?

[edit] I see more folks have the problem, also I see TGC response I'll just wait then :) thank you all.

Store is bugged. Will be fixed later this day. Just keep looking.

Covfan

My ps4 has let me download the game for free and I only purchased the ps3 version yesterday so it should start working for you lot soon.

Ah seems I'm not alone on the crossbuy issue then! Even logged in to my PS3 to see what the purchasing account was as I used to share accounts and wondered if it had been purchased on one of those accounts a long time ago.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I logged in to PSN just before work and it was there for me to download, so crossbuy is working in Ireland anyway.

Can't wait to play this again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah as impactful as a bag of hammers to the face. Nothing wrong with subtlety every once in a while.

True true, lol

A little inconvenient that I still have an 11 hour timer on my preorder, and it is 3:17am here.

Ah well, I will play it later this evening if not fixed.

Edit: I guess the preorder said play "noon PST". Ah well. A little silly.

As you can tell from my impressions, it was definitely not "horrible" and there's definitely no need for you to feel sorry since I haven't really lost anything. I'm glad you had a great time playing this your first time, I did too! My experience was a little bit different but it was no better or worse because of it.

I only meant relatively.

I'm sure the game is quite nice alone, but when I played it was the most emotional experience I ever had in an art form, and it was almost entirely due to the relationship I had with a stranger. If I didn't have that significant side of the experience, I think I would just consider it a another nice little game. But from the experience I did have, I see it as so so so much more.

*shrug*

I never had something just appear in my download list and had to "buy" the PS4 version of flower when it came out though

They probably mean flagging your account / adding the PS4 license to PSN accounts/the server so that the system knows you are entitled to download it for free.

Now we wait :(

The PS4 theme won't be free for buyers/cross-buyers in Europe right?

I only meant relatively.

I'm sure the game is quite nice alone, but when I played it was the most emotional experience I ever had in an art form, and it was almost entirely due to the relationship I had with a stranger. If I didn't have that significant side of the experience, I think I would just consider it a another nice little game. But from the experience I did have, I see it as so so so much more.

*shrug*

Agreed. my first experience with this game was with a stranger and completed it with the stranger all the way to the end and it was unforgettable. Playing it again on my own was great but the interaction with a stranger was the big hitting point for me.

They probably mean flagging your account / adding the PS4 license to PSN accounts/the server so that the system knows you are entitled to download it for free.

Now we wait :(

The PS4 theme won't be free for buyers/cross-buyers in Europe right?

I don't expect it to just appear, I believe SCEE has to fix this manually so we should tell them via social media.

A theme is included with the PS4 version if you buy it until the 27th according to the store page, so that should apply to cross-buy as well.

Staf

Remember the first time i played this, what an experience. Probably gonna make the girlfriend play it, don't think she have played it before.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
UK here too and not working for me. Journey ps3 version will download to my ps3 and ps3 only. PS4 version showing up but with ps+ discounted price and not free. Guess I'll just keep checking!

What does the preorder time say for the unlock in the UK?

Says noon PST time here in the states, so possibly you have to wait for the unlock time first?

ktroopa

Can this game really be completed in 3hours? I want to savour and devour the atmosphere and feels so no rush playing it thru. Is 3 hours still enuff?

Rated-G

Can this game really be completed in 3hours? I want to savour and devour the atmosphere and feels so no rush playing it thru. Is 3 hours still enuff?

I tend to be a very slow player, and I like to explore. I don't think I've ever taken 3 hours to beat the game though. Usually between 90 minutes and 2 hours.

Danielsan

Length: 1-3 hours?

Who's so slow at gaming that it takes them past an hour to beat this?
People who take their time to enjoy the experience, rather than rush from A to B.
Game took me about 2 hours the first time through. I wish I could relive that first time.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Downloading to my PS4 for free as had it on PS3 but didn't complete it before l sold the PS3.

Wonder why it's so much larger?

Length: 1-3 hours?

Who's so slow at gaming that it takes them past an hour to beat this?
who the hell beats this game in an hour

edit-I don't actually know how long it takes to finish the game. I just wanted to have a debate and I pulled out my big guns counterpoint out pretty quick. I think it's safe to say I won the debate , good thing because I'm spent.

Just grabbed it via the web store as the PS4 store was still showing a cost, although asking to choose a version. Downloading now and playing some RL inbetween

2.6GB in size

Gotcha.

Probably licensing is released when it goes live everywhere, or they just need to fix it.

Yeah probably. It's glitching out like hell on the store. The picture disappeared for a bit, then the ps3 version said it was unavailable for purchase. So I'm guessing they are messing with it on the server end so I'm sure it will be up soon for us.

Edit: and now you can't even buy it at all. price has disappeared lol. PSN is a joke sometimes whenever they roll out new games and such. This always happens!

Edit2: Now available to grab for cross buy in the UK it seems :)

Kylejc86

It's fixed for me now in the UK it now asks what version you want to buy and there is a free full game option or a paid full game option. Obviously get the free one ;-)

DryvBy

who the hell beats this game in an hour

edit-I don't actually know how long it takes to finish the game. I just wanted to have a debate and I pulled out my big guns counterpoint out pretty quick. I think it's safe to say I won the debate , good thing because I'm spent.

The first time I played this, it took me around 50 minutes.

I'm not the best person to talk to about Journey. It's one of the most awful things I've ever finished. I know I know. What an unpopular opinion on the internet, but it's an opinion I stand with.

Rndm

It's working for me as well. Checked on the PS4 and got the option to choose a version there.

Webstore showed it before once but then bugged. So anyway, I guess it'll start working for everyone now. Cool.

However, now for the usual pain of trying to get it to download as fast as it should. DL speed got good real fast without me doing anything. Yay.

Then it's time for flashbacks.

Top Bottom