• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is working on Remote Play function for PC/MAC.

It they make a client for Windows 7, chances are it will also run on Windows 10, so if I had to guess, they probably won't put the extra effort into making a Windows Store app. But nobody is stopping them, of course.

What I really would like is that they would make a Linux client. But chances at that are slim at best.

The benefit is a sell on the OS for MS but clearly Sony will have to talk to MS due to app certifications, security and how that affects there ecosystem. I saw in an earlier post about Sony laptops having PS3 remote play via windows OS which was obviously due to Sony hardware playing a part. My main question is would MS allow a Sony logo and have we seen any if ever where Sony hardware was not involved?

Paying for someone's work i'm ok with but DRM servers? uuuhhhh no

There aren't DRM servers. I'm not sure where people are getting their info. You pay for the app, you get an activation key, you activate the app with that key and the app never talks to the servers again. Not much different than any other piece of software that uses a key for activation. Once activated the software can sit on your computer for as long as you like even if the servers are taken offline.

What if the server goes offline permanently and I decide to format my PC?

Sony is a big corporation, so I expect the PSN to have longevity. Can't say the same for an one man job though.

What if the server goes offline permanently and I decide to format my PC?

Sony is a big corporation, so I expect the PSN to have longevity. Can't say the same for an one man job though.

Right, that's obviously a potential issue, but my point is there aren't DRM servers like people are saying. It doesn't constantly check in to make sure it's activated and because it doesn't do that you can use activated copies even if the servers disappear. It's the same model for unlocking software that we've seen for years is all my point was.

Waiting for the Sony official solution is a perfectly valid route to take. For people who want to be able to Remote Play today, there is an option for them as well. For people who even when the official app is released want to be able to use a keyboard and mouse or Xbox controller while using Remote Play then the 3rd party version is likely the one to fill their needs. If there is the official and unofficial app in existence at the same time then people can choose the one that fits their needs best, and that is good for everyone.

Harlequin

Hardware running windows and if I may ask is there any official PS controller drivers or software on windows with ps button prompts

No. I believe there are a few (very few) games that have native/built-in Dualshock support with PS button prompts but there are no official drivers that work across games (only unofficial ones which don't let you use the touchpad, etc. AFAIK) and most games only have the Xbox button prompts,

whitehawk

Banned
Hey so I know this is coming soon, but in the meantime there's another way to get remote play.

RemixOS beta for PC just released, and you can run the remote play Android app on it. You can just install it onto a live USB flash drive, and run it on a computer. I tried it on my Surface Pro 2 and it works pretty well. If you have a computer with 2 USB ports, you should be able to just plug in a DS4 and play with that.

20lHrTUl.jpg
U7EI8eEl.jpg

This build is supposed to have root access built in, but it doesn't seem to be working. So no DS4 for me, at least yet. Hopefully Sony's official app comes out sooner rather than later.

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc

Top Bottom