• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC gaf: Video game clothing stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

So NYC gaf i want to find me some cool vidja game clothe! not the crappy one liner shirts and stuff but some shirts that are actually cool to wear anywhere. I got this in the virgin store in times square but other then that i have no idea where to get them. Thank you in advance:D

yencid

AstroMan said:
There is nothing cool about video game clothing.
1-28-09-nintendo_jacket.jpg

I think thats pretty cool if you ask me :lol

yencid

Clydefrog said:
They couldn't find a better model? jesus

hahahahaa yeah i know :lol

AstroMan said:
I think that looks like a big ol' invitation for someone to beat your ass and rob you.

I've actually gotten a lot of people to ask me where i bought it, tell me that it looks cool :D

AstroMan

Banned
yencid said:
I've actually gotten a lot of people to ask me where i bought it, tell me that it looks cool :D

Much like yourself, those people are sadly mistaken.

It's one thing to like video games and wear video game apparel but it's another thing to try and say it's cool to do so.

AstroMan

Banned
-COOLIO- said:

Again, there's nothing cool about that. It looks stupid and only video game players will understand it and then while you and that person are both jerking each other off with various video game references, some people will be gearing up to beat your nerdy ass and rob you.

yencid

AstroMan said:
Much like yourself, those people are sadly mistaken.

It's one thing to like video games and wear video game apparel but it's another thing to try and say it's cool to do so.

Yeah i do think its cool, ive seen some great yet simple shirt designs that i wouldnt mind wearing.

triforce_explosion_tshirt-p235751330024086586q69d_400.jpg

triforce_bloodlines_master_sword_blood_tshirt-p235734195206302424dx13_400.jpg

but thats online though.

yencid

AstroMan said:
So you want video game apparel that only a select few will think are cool or even understand?

Well, there you go.

I don't want other people to think its cool, i just want to wear them.
I didn't buy that Nintendo jacket cus i thought other people thought it would be cool, i did because i liked it.

Lunchbox said:
why would you do that to yourself?

you WANT people to laugh?

Do you really care that much about what other people think of you? :lol

AstroMan said:
Again, there's nothing cool about that. It looks stupid and only video game players will understand it and then while you and that person are both jerking each other off with various video game references, some people will be gearing up to beat your nerdy ass and rob you.

For wearing a shirt they don't understand? What the fuck kind of Nazi city do you live in?

yencid

I see it as the exact same as owning coming book apparel. There are some great comic book shirts ive seen.

characters-SilverSurfer-images-silver_surfer_t_shirt_candy_2.jpg

^ i own

Marvel+Comics+T-shirt+%232+Picture.jpg

Marvel+Civil+War+T-shirt+Picture.jpg

and i have seen both of those just walking around the city, in many instances as well.
EDIT: damnit no hotlinking... will have to upload them myself.

btkadams

-COOLIO- said:
i think thats pretty dope. it doesn't even have to be a game reference. it would just be funny to have a shirt that makes you look like a cardboard box with someone looking out of it.

PBY

Banned
yencid said:
I see it as the exact same as owning coming book apparel. There are some great comic book shirts ive seen.

characters-SilverSurfer-images-silver_surfer_t_shirt_candy_2.jpg

^ i own

Marvel+Comics+T-shirt+%232+Picture.jpg

Marvel+Civil+War+T-shirt+Picture.jpg

and i have seen both of those just walking around the city, in many instances as well.
EDIT: damnit no hotlinking... will have to upload them myself.
:lol :lol :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BUT IT'S NOT COOL EVERYONE IS COMING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
When it comes to being cool and confident, it's not about what you are wearing, it's how you wear it that really matters.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't think I can help you here. Unfortunately, none of the shirts posted here are interesting to me and I would personally never wear them. Your best bet is to look online. I bet they'll have better shirts.

esquire said:
When it comes to being cool and confident, it's not about what you are wearing, it's how you wear it that really matters.

You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

That's more confident than anything. "Cool" just varies from person to person. I'm not into comics, and I'm not really a nintendo fan, so nothing that's been posted in this thread really sticks out as "cool" to me. The silver surfer shirt does seems like a normal shirt to me. I really don't see why people have such a huge problem with it. But then again, thisisneogafdude.gif, home of the $300 jeans, $500 watches, and overpriced popular shit fashion.

yensid, do not take fashion advice from GAF, ever.

Lunchbox said:
this mentality is the reason why we have hipsters running around dressed like clowns.

So? They like what they're wearing. Let them wear it. I really do not see why it's such a big deal for everyone to fit in. I'd much rather wear clothing that says something about what I like than wear pricey shit just to show off.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
So? They like what they're wearing. Let them wear it. I really do not see why it's such a big deal for everyone to fit in. I'd much rather wear clothing that says something about what I like than wear pricey shit just to show off.

8wlcmp.jpg

This thread is reminding me of this guy on the PAX forums who was attempting to convince people that Bostonians would punch you for wearing a pokemon shirt (for the pokemon themed bar crawl of course). Noone's going to hit you for it, and there's no reason to care what some random ass person on the street thinks of you.

Lunchbox said:

"So? They like what they're wearing. Let them wear it. I really do not see why it's such a big deal for everyone to fit in. I'd much rather wear clothing that says something about what I like than wear pricey shit just to show off."

Why do you care what other people wear? It's the same thing I don't understand about people being against same-sex marriage(when religion isn't involved), how does it affect you in any way? Just leave them alone and shut the fuck up already.

Wormdundee said:
This thread is reminding me of this guy on the PAX forums who was attempting to convince people that Bostonians would punch you for wearing a pokemon shirt (for the pokemon themed bar crawl of course). Noone's going to hit you for it, and there's no reason to care what some random ass person on the street thinks of you.

Exactly.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
"So? They like what they're wearing. Let them wear it. I really do not see why it's such a big deal for everyone to fit in. I'd much rather wear clothing that says something about what I like than wear pricey shit just to show off."

Exactly.
alright, you opened my eyes. im ordering 3 oversized Dragon ball Z shirts

wb2ve0.jpg

yencid

Lunchbox said:

wb2ve0.jpg
If you like them, sure go ahead. hahahaha now that i think about it, i think i saw a kid wearing this once... he looked like 8-9 :lol

Lunchbox said:

wb2ve0.jpg

How do you feel about people that wear DC/Vans/DVS clothing?

Or how about Fox racing, quiksilver, billabong?

How about sports jerseys, do you give people wearing any of these things shit?

Lunchbox

Banned
yencid said:
hahahaha now that i think about it, i think i saw a kid wearing this once... he looked like 8-9 :lol

see how your laughing.....EXACTLY MY POINT

no ones stoping you from liking something. but you dont have to plaster it over you. You like anime.....fine, dont run around with a anime pillow just because "you dont care what people think"

yencid

Lunchbox said:

no ones stoping you from liking something. but you dont have to plaster it over you. You like anime.....fine, dont run around with a anime pillow just because "you dont care what people think"

Moot point, Im not laughing because of the shirt/at the shirt :lol
Im laughing at the fact that you posted the same shirt i saw :p

Lunchbox said:

Please answer my previous post.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Lunchbox said:

Sounds like you've got some serious insecurity issues.

Undeux

edit: nevermind, I don't want to jump into this. :lol

The one thing I will say is that the model in that nintendo jacket really says it all. This entire thread and everything both sides will say about it is summed up in that one jpeg.

Undeux said:
edit: nevermind, I don't want to jump into this. :lol

The one thing I will say is that the model in that nintendo jacket really says it all. This entire thread and everything both sides will say about it is summed up in that one jpeg.

Really now?

So, because the model they chose looks like a generic geek, means everyone that would possibly consider wearing it looks like that too?

14832_1146693792945_1395540363_30383180_7096307_n.jpg

Looks like a normal guy to me.

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Uniqlo sometimes has some stuff.

this is as close as you are gonna get. The Nintendo world store also has some stuff, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything last time I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom