• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC gaf: Video game clothing stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won this shirt at a DigitalLife Expo in NY about 3-4 years ago. I think it's pretty cool for people who get it. Of course it's a bit nerdy, but hey, I won it. And I love Galaga. You gotta represent sometimes! I also have an MGS shirt and an MGS4 shirt. They don't get too much usage, but I whip 'em out for casual use or at some shows. There are a good deal of gamers at metal shows lol.
image.php

bengraven said:
Isn't there a shirt that says "I do not get laid"?

Because that's more appropriate.

That's right because everyone who plays, enjoys and finds video games interesting and/or fun is a big unattractive loser. Having the confidence to wear clothes that reflect your interests just isn't cool...That is unless it's a band shirt or sports related....I wouldn't know what to do without HipGaf around..

Firestorm

hsin said:
Hoooly crap at the Pac Man one. Genius.
Edit: oh shit. Just realized what the Tetris one was doing. That's amazing too.

yencid said:
wow they have a great collection of shirts here!
thanks maing!

EDIT: holy shit, not only video games but the store in general has some crazy awesome shirts! bookmarked.
Threadless frequently has sales. Crappy shipping though (at least to Canada). Picked up a few during the $9 for everything sale a while back.

Clydefrog said:
i might wear this

2k4g2q.jpg

but then people would be touching my stomach all the time.

I have this one just hanging in my closed but have never used it.

If anyone wants it i can sell it for cheap (M size)

SnakeXs said:
Where can I buy this? Where can I fucking buy this?

Play-Asia's sold out. I NEED ANOTHER LINK >=[

Your best bet would be Yahoo! Japan or another Japanese auction site.

I managed to get mine directly from Konami's store (with help from a fellow GAF member) and even then, it was pretty much sold out immediately.

Here's what my shirt looks like:
IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Close-up of the back:
IMG_0310.jpg

way more

It's nice how all these t-shirts come in xxx-large.

Synthesizer Patel said:
Everyone! Trust this guy! He's Esquire!

:lol The only suggestion Esquire (the magazine) ever has about clothing is that you should pay 200$ for each item you wear.

Griffith said:
I don't have any gaming shirts, but I've always liked this Portal one.

pshi.jpg
Shit's awesome. In fact, most of the apparel from the Valve store looks very nice. The occasional gaming shirts that come up on Woot are usually pretty neat as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
OJdaKiller said:
That's right because everyone who plays, enjoys and finds video games interesting and/or fun is a big unattractive loser. Having the confidence to wear clothes that reflect your interests just isn't cool...That is unless it's a band shirt or sports related....I wouldn't know what to do without HipGaf around..

Exactly... we all know that the only way you can get decent girls is by spending $300+ on a pair of jeans.

fugebutt

Banned
bengraven said:
Unless you're a non-GAFfer and wearing it to be ironic (ie: you're hot and hate videogames), then this is just another way for society to kick your Asberger's ass to the curb.

what this guy said.

please dont use the "do you laugh at people wearing band/sports apparel" argument. sports/music are hobbies that have positive connotations. video games are uncool, despite what kotaku and neogaf tell you.

the only thing you're showing off is your complete lack of social accuity whatsoever, and no one thinks you're a lone wolf rebel badass who's breaking all the fashion rules. all they're going to see is some ugly, cheap screenprinted bullshit and (if they're like me) avoid conversation with you entirely.

ps. mario/pacman shirts are getting a pass? holy shit, hasn't the ship sailed on nintendo inside jokes yet? there's NOTHING clever about this tired crap.

Masaki_

I didn't know people would kick my ass based on what I am wearing. Good to know.

fugebutt said:
all they're going to see is some ugly, cheap screenprinted bullshit and (if they're like me) avoid conversation with you entirely.

I wouldn't want to talk to you anyway.

daegan

fugebutt said:
what this guy said.

please dont use the "do you laugh at people wearing band/sports apparel" argument. sports/music are hobbies that have positive connotations. video games are uncool, despite what kotaku and neogaf tell you.

the only thing you're showing off is your complete lack of social accuity whatsoever, and no one thinks you're a lone wolf rebel badass who's breaking all the fashion rules. all they're going to see is some ugly, cheap screenprinted bullshit and (if they're like me) avoid conversation with you entirely.

ps. mario/pacman shirts are getting a pass? holy shit, hasn't the ship sailed on nintendo inside jokes yet? there's NOTHING clever about this tired crap.

"i hate the world because some people have gotten past worrying what i think of what they're wearing"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
:lol

i can't believe there are people so adamantly against video game related clothes :lol these are the same kids scoffing at the denim head thread

wear tasteful clothes, even if they have a video game character on it, and wear it well

that's the point, here. find your own style and just be tasteful about it. rock it with confidence and style and you're untouchable.

fugebutt

Banned
daegan said:
"i hate the world because some people have gotten past worrying what i think of what they're wearing"

if you don't care what people think of what you're wearing, why are you intent on throwing some inside joke on your chest to gratify your fellow nerds?

also, being detached from the reality that others look down on you is not a substitute for self confidence (but the "self confidence" excuse suuuure is convenient). if you think people wear expensive/designer/tailored/whatever clothing just to climb the social ladder, you're crazy.

at least with 'designer' clothes you can argue it's a matter of fit, construction, tailoring, or some other appeal. rationalize it however you want - those shirts look like shit. it's the equivalent of some douchebag, kinda-good-for-a-chuckle that you see on cheap college boy websites. HAHAH AWESOME TRIFORCE LOGO BRO, I TOTALLY KNOW WHERE THAT REFRENCE IS FROM

Masaki_

fugebutt said:
if you don't care what people think of what you're wearing, why are you intent on throwing some inside joke on your chest to gratify your fellow nerds?

also, being detached from the reality that others look down on you is not a substitute for self confidence (but the "self confidence" excuse suuuure is convenient). if you think people wear expensive/designer/tailored/whatever clothing just to climb the social ladder, you're crazy. rationalize it however you want - those shirts look like shit.

Not trying to get too freudian on you, but you seem to be externalizing your own insecurities and lack of self-confidence with your posts. Your idea of a "gaming-apparel-wearing nerd" is skewed at best and I think I've been around "normal" people enough to know they're not as shallow as you think they are.

hsin

Banned
fugebutt said:
what this guy said.

Baseless statements are baseless. The stigma attached to video games as something only the "geek/nerd" subculture is more likely fading, if anything. In fact, the developments in video gaming over the past decade has made it even more mainstream and socially acceptable (the Wii, Guitar Hero, the DS, etc.)

Sure, if you were a kid in the 50s and 60s, you probably wouldn't have had a childhood where video games were predominantly part of your culture. Parents having kids right now had childhoods of their own where video games were a huge part of culture.

As far as gaming clothes go, why do you assume people wear them because they're trying to be a lone wolf rebel badass? Perhaps they're a fan of a particular game and they're expressing themselves like any sports fan would their favorite team?

People see a gaming t-shirt and avoid conversation with them entirely? Please. You have got to be one shallow asshole to have that kind of sense of superiority. Quit speaking on behalf of society like you're some kind of social expert.

Nintendo_Mario_3-Hoodie.jpg

Only have this one and I only wear it at home since it's really comfy. Gonna gift it to a girl probably, since she thinks it's cool (at home).

sasimirobot

ut-pacman-05-2009-003.jpg

They can be done tastefully.
I had the one on the top left and always had good comments on it, it has alot to do with how you carry yourself and if your personal style lets you pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom