• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

I am working 12am to 7am because of BREXIT(I work for a financial company in new york) People are freaking out

From an unknown dealer morning commentary: After Brexit we will be looking at Grexit, Departugal, Italeave, Czechout, Oustria, Finish, Slovakout, Latervia, Byegium

this is depressing, but I had to laugh at the comment

DiscoJer

Will this really have a big effect on the economy long term?

Won't the UK just go from the EU to the EFTA (European Free Trade Association) which Norway is in?

edit: Or maybe not.

Leave voters literally broke the country: Scotland has a good out, NI has an out, UK economy is falling, and the issues the Leave party want to fix cannot be fixed by leaving. They essentially fucked themselves over and will not get any thing out of it.

The morons are in the process of wrecking their country.

If I lived in the UK and I knew someone who voted Leave I'd drop them as a person I know.

kavanf1

Now since this isn't legally binding, can Cameron just say fuckit and not go ahead with the exit?

Technically yes but he'd likely have a revolution on his hands.

I am dreading the announcements we're going to see from big business in the coming days.

FoaJoa4.png

Yup. They want the empire back.
gsKIPge.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Very sad about this. The job of keeping the UK intact just got a whole lot harder. Never mind, possibly, the EU itself. Can't believe it :(

"Democracy sucks because I didn't get my way"?

That is literally what you wrote.
Direct democracy is the crucial work. There is a story about the Ancient Greeks that shows the problem with it, it is too long to write, but it emphasises the emotional factor and how quickly people change their minds.

A lot of people will be feeling regret in two years time.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Most of those leading the charge on the Leave vote were doing so largely for nationalistic reasons.

This is one of the most famous of UKIP ads.

Let's see if you can glean the focus of these ads. Does that go everyone person who voted for it? No. But the very heads of the movement? Oh yeah.

The problem is the Remain camp never had an answer for the last image.

People who are already in hard times aren't gonna suddenly be moved by the idea of if you vote leave your gonna be in for economic hard times.

Remain camp couldn't convince enough regular people in the middle on a micro economic level that their situation would get better by staying.

Sure the racists got what they wanted, but they were just feeding on the current climate for many.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I'm in shock and mad as fuck.

All my life I've worked hard and been good. When I got married my wife and I kept spending down and she budgets every penny. We've kept our head above water never been in debt and never burdened the system. Now because of this. I don't flipping kniw. I'm shocked . I dont know what will happen now.

People on Facebook telling me I am butthurt . Putting up independence day posts.

Cameron is really going to do this isn't he. Won't say I have no faith we can do this. We better negotiate for our lifes

rakhir

This is devastating for you guys in the UK, and everyone in EU.

I feel for you guys, I'm truly sorry. That said, i'm hoping EU will utterly fuck you up economically just to let everyone else know that leaving is a terrible idea and will kill your country.
I hope Scotland and Northern Ireland will break out from the GB and this day will be remembered in history as a day the Great Britain was destroyed.

dc89

If you voted Leave, you better be fucking ready to take a few harsh words for your moronic, ignorant actions that negatively impact millions more than the narcissistic few you represent.

Disgusting creatures.

But that's like your opinion man.

Dead Man

A simple majority for this was always a bit silly. For any question that results in so much change it's silly. Oh well, done is done.

scarybore

Fucking disaster. Scottish politicians better fight our corner hard or I'll be even more pissed than I am, it's only going to get worse from here with all the vile tories lining up to succeed Cameron.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
While not as UK voter, I did vote in the poll, thinking that Remain would win. Damn, was I wrong.

Hope that this doesn't sting you in the long run, but it probably will, UK.

Aki-at

Haha good thing I'm not planning on going abroad anytime soon suckers!

I'm going to Japan in a few month's time :,(

Gorger

For more than 50 years EU has been a leading force in safeguarding us from bloodshed after centuries of constant warfare, rivalry and instability across Europe. It ushered us into an era of peace and prosperity while greatly strengthened the bonds between neighboring countries. No one said the EU was perfect, but we really do make the best progress when we work together rather than alone, so it's really is sad to see one of its leading and most important nations leave because of fear and ignorance.

This is just a very sad day for Europe.

Link

The Autumn Wind
As an American, my morbid curiosity is eager to watch the fallout from this decision. It's like getting to watch an alternate universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom