• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

MattyG

Banned
We are at 7/10 votes for majority. Next person who votes WAMD is asking for it.

Why don't all of you, rather than operating on suspicion from the past days, and the general trend (I can sneak in a vote for her), go justify a vote for her, IN the post you vote for her

Do you realize how meaningless a bandwagon consensus where anyone can post some bulllshit "yeah she's been suspicious, it's a gut read, I trust ttk and also barely pay attention to this game and want the day to be over" vote is? Especially compared to how much MORE useful today's vote would be if it was close, or there was a semblance of opposition to her vote, or if the people voting at least reasoned out for themselves why this votes should happen?
Okay, you want a reason? I don't believe her claim. Same as my reason for suspecting her yesterday. The role is too complicated and feels like something that was made up in order to ensure that she claimed a neutral/town role while also ensuring that it wasn't something someone else would have.

Also, I believe TTK (for now) because he has to know that if we lynch WMD and find out that her claim WAS legit, he's going to be the next one to be under heavy suspicion. Unless his role is to get WMD specifically lynched, TTK's claim would only fuck himself over long term.

batsnacks

Was mostly noting you were off an island away from the main action based on the end of day tally. Looking a little closer it looks like you lead an earlier charge against Exodu5 and salva/gorlak/ttk jumped ship late in the phase.

TTK is reading townish (pending how things play out today), salva has been largely unhelpful, gorlak has been active since he joined the game.

I'm not super enthusiastic about you as scum at this point with the drop in activity there's not much else in the way of leads at the moment (WAMD aside.)
I was mostly focused on Exodu5 day 2, yeah. I thought TTK and ouro were bad Lynches and there were a bunch of people scum reading exodus so I thought trying to get the vote in that direction was the best option.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is perhaps an example of a game with too little information; town has very little to centre around and has drifted away and dispersed. I'm actually somewhat more inclined to think that the more active players right now are scum and that the least active players are just very bored town, which helps. With respect to WAMD vs ttk, I don't especially scumread either of them, which is frustrating. I will say that: if WAMD has a handler, as we've been told, and that handler is also town/knows who WAMD is (am I right on both of those things?), then if necessary, they can claim to clear WAMD. I'm not voting just to check that because I've had to do a lot of skim reading and may have missed something, but if someone could confirm/disconfirm I'm happy to test a vote; anything for something to give a little spark.

Timeaisis

I think this is perhaps an example of a game with too little information; town has very little to centre around and has drifted away and dispersed. I'm actually somewhat more inclined to think that the more active players right now are scum and that the least active players are just very bored town, which helps. With respect to WAMD vs ttk, I don't especially scumread either of them, which is frustrating. I will say that: if WAMD has a handler, as we've been told, and that handler is also town/knows who WAMD is (am I right on both of those things?), then if necessary, they can claim to clear WAMD. I'm not voting just to check that because I've had to do a lot of skim reading and may have missed something, but if someone could confirm/disconfirm I'm happy to test a vote; anything for something to give a little spark.

I would think that WAMD's handler would be town if she were town. Which means if WAMD is telling the truth someone out there can confirm her role. Which has not happened yet.

I mean at this juncture if I were the handler I'd think an outed handler + WAMD is better than a dead WAMD and an ineffective handler. Unless the handler possesses some other power.

My god, you spend more time complaining about the game then ever trying to do something productive. If a line of questioning fails, you freak out about how town is inactive and doing nothing blah blah blah

Do you seriously not realize how annoying it is to read your posts at this point?

And this is also bullshit. Go fucking defend yourself, you promised me answers to those questions

Don't fucking tell me what is and isn't bullshit when you know absolutely nothing about my life or my personal feelings on the game one way or another.

Do you know how annoying it is to read YOUR posts? It's a game. Stop being so god damn aggressive. This isn't a fucking CIA interrogation.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would think that WAMD's handler would be town if she were town. Which means if WAMD is telling the truth someone out there can confirm her role. Which has not happened yet.

I mean at this juncture if I were the handler I'd think an outed handler + WAMD is better than a dead WAMD and an ineffective handler. Unless the handler possesses some other power.

I am inclined to agree. I mean, assuming the handler has no other powers, if they out now, at least WAMD and the handler can corroborate stories and don't get lynched. Remaining secret serves absolutely no purpose.

So...

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

batsnacks

BmWGTfq.jpg

SalvaPot

For the record, I don't think WAMD or ttk are scum. My mind and money right now is with Gorlak, so let's see if I can get a bandwaggon going so I can seem even more scummy, yay!

Vote: Gorlak

Inb4 people ask me for reasons while I disappear into the night.

MattyG

Banned
Alright, I promised a drunk post when I signed up so Herr we go.

I want to keep my vote for WMD. But I'm kind of debating on unvoting. My reason for voting is that her role is so absurdly detailed AND feels like 5 roles in one, so it just can't be real, as well as her handler not coming forward, but theres also so many inactive that her handler could easily be one of them.

Also, if I'm being honest, I'm not 100% sold on ttk. Like, I feel like his claim is the best lead we have to POTENTIAL find a scum player, but at the same time I remember there being something in the votes yesterday that made me think ttk was scum. I've looked back though and I can't find what it was that made me think that.

And let's talk about lone's "it's too easy of a lynch so I'm going to vote for ttk". What kind of logic is that? I have very littl reason to doubt lone, but come on. A bunch of us already had our doubts about wmd's claim. It's not an easy lynch when they've already given you reason to doubt them, it's just a simple case of "well, we don't have much ele to go on".

And finally, before I turn in for the night, I need to apologize for my inactivity. I havent been posting much, and I won't make excuses. That's on me. I've never been much for actually playing, I'm always hesitant to post because I don't want to say anything wrong or be torn apart for "parroting". I just feel like I have nothing new or helpful to say, so I hang back a lot, and that makes games slow to a crawl like this one. I think I'm more suited to running games, but I still love playing with you guys when it works well.

batsnacks

Alright, I promised a drunk post when I signed up so Herr we go.

I want to keep my vote for WMD. But I'm kind of debating on unvoting. My reason for voting is that her role is so absurdly detailed AND feels like 5 roles in one, so it just can't be real, as well as her handler not coming forward, but theres also so many inactive that her handler could easily be one of them.

Also, if I'm being honest, I'm not 100% sold on ttk. Like, I feel like his claim is the best lead we have to POTENTIAL find a scum player, but at the same time I remember there being something in the votes yesterday that made me think ttk was scum. I've looked back though and I can't find what it was that made me think that.

And let's talk about lone's "it's too easy of a lynch so I'm going to vote for ttk". What kind of logic is that? I have very littl reason to doubt lone, but come on. A bunch of us already had our doubts about wmd's claim. It's not an easy lynch when they've already given you reason to doubt them, it's just a simple case of "well, we don't have much ele to go on".

And finally, before I turn in for the night, I need to apologize for my inactivity. I havent been posting much, and I won't make excuses. That's on me. I've never been much for actually playing, I'm always hesitant to post because I don't want to say anything wrong or be torn apart for "parroting". I just feel like I have nothing new or helpful to say, so I hang back a lot, and that makes games slow to a crawl like this one. I think I'm more suited to running games, but I still love playing with you guys when it works well.

5/5 would read again

nin1000

Banned
Since it seems that wamd won't be turboed and Gorlak aswell as hyper sure are one of the worst players to have around. I much rather get one of them. Yep.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

You and your way of playing, complaining and being inactive tell me that you could be scum.

WAMD did a pretty good job in defending herself and i would at least give her one more day. My vote will be cast on you mate.

Who will join? Let's do this town.

Since it seems that wamd won't be turboed and Gorlak aswell as hyper sure are one of the worst players to have around. I much rather get one of them. Yep.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

You and your way of playing, complaining and being inactive tell me that you could be scum.

WAMD did a pretty good job in defending herself and i would at least give her one more day. My vote will be cast on you mate.

Who will join? Let's do this town.

Can you explain more? I've had my suspicions of him from the beginning and I would be okay with lynching him if I'm not going to die today, but I just wanna hear some other thoughts.

dNNW60T.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

wherearemahdragonz (7)
timeaisis 2018
dusk soldier 2024 (2027)
dusk soldier 2027
batsnacks 2034
nin1000 2109 (2166)
gorlak 2110 (2140)
kyanrute 2112
timetokill 2123
mattyg 2133
crab 2156

timetokill (3)
kyanrute 1992 (2112)
wherearemahdragonz 2045
lone_prodigy 2134
zeemumu 2148

batsnacks (1)
gorlak 1956 (2094)
mazre 1960

gorlak (1)
salvapot 2162

hyperactivity (1)
nin1000 2166

zeemumu (0)
nin1000 2103 (2109)

salvapot (0)
salvapot 1967 (2162)
gorlak 2094 (2110)

10 to reach majority.

DAY 3 ENDS:
gra_1466888400.png

Mazre

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

• Overly complex and occasionally contradictory role claim
  • TTK's assertion of no observable action
  • Absence of 'handler'

I'm not saying a vote on WAMD is without merit. But saying "no one's posting might as well vote for someone to keep the game going" is a poor excuse if the goal of the game is to scum hunt. I say it's easy because there the reasoning is right there.

That said, 6 minutes left. Late bandwagon on Hyper again?

Kawl_USC

The bar atmosphere was tense. Kingsley wasn’t quite sure why, it was a lovely place and he was a great host, the best host. He looked out for all his customers: rich or poor, intelligent or dumb, male or female, gay or straight.
“TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR BAR! VOTE FOR KINGSLEY TO LEAVE!”
Stunning. He provides this terrific amazing incredible service and this fellow has the audacity to question. He readied his snapping finger--
“AGREED. I CHOOSE KIXIT”
The bar patrons shouting this stupid word multiplied very quickly, and suddenly there was nothing Kingsley could do without attracting the police if he carried out such a genocide.
“I’ve been a great bar owner for six years. I am proud of what I’ve done. I may have gambled away your town’s fortunes when I bought out the city hall to turn it into a Bar, but fuck you. I got mine.”
Kingsley then made a weird screechy noise and ran out of the bar.
The large-but-not-large-enough minority of the bar patrons sat, a bit of disbelief and immediate pain across their eyes looking at each other.
“Who’s gonna run the bar, then?”
Silence.
That was until one rather excitable patron brought out a rocket launcher, that one from Commando, and aimed straight at some horrible frat party gal that had been acting as an all-round irritance ever since she got here.
“YO BRAH, I’M TOTALLY A SPY WITH A HANDLER AND SHIT, DOOOOOPE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BUY ME A DRINK OR ILL GET THE NSA ON YOU, BRAH”
Her explosion was quite bizarre, no blood. Only beer, a rotting smell of old loveless sex and a number of used condoms. Ew.
The patrons sat in this glorious feast of disgust in awkward silence as they waited for a new leader to tell them what the hell to do now.
WhereAreMahDragonz has died!
Greetings! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!
Let’s get WRECKED! You’ve managed to sustain enough credit to last another year at this college, so to celebrate you and your boys from Alpha Zetta Theta Tinker Tailer Soldier Fuck have dropped into Scotland for some wild nights and sexy delights. We got this, brah.
You are The Spring Breaker and you are aligned with SCUM.
Sorry, you’re just a Goon.
Each night, you can choose to kill a target. The command is KILL: <name>
You have no other abilities. Bummer! Drink your sorrows away, friendo.
You win when your team equal or outnumber all other players and you eliminate all threats.
Your scum chat is over in the EU, but because of Brexit you can no longer reach it.
The game thread is: HERE
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Cabot or Kawl_USC.
[redacted]
DAY 4 COUNTDOWN:
cya_1467147600.png

Top Bottom