• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to backtrack, but what's with people saying the game isn't called "Marvel Vs. Capcom 4" and has no Capcom characters?
There are for sure Capcom characters, it's Marvel vs Capcom. There may not be a four, and it may be a soft reboot of sorts since there's no XMen. There's a rumor that MCU actors (not just the TV shows) will voice the Marvel characters.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
"Hey you wanna play Marvel 2 for a bit?"
"Sure!"

*goes to PS4 dashboard and loads MVC2*

Gave me literal goosebumps.

mvc2%20game%20ad.jpg

Iron Galaxy, who previously did 3rd Strike Online, MvC Origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection and D&D: Chronicles of Mystara for Capcom, are planning on streaming UMvC3 before Capcom Pro Tour and PSX, and now two days before, Adam Boyes, the CEO of Iron Galaxy randomly tweets about heading to VGAswhile posting pictures of a couple of Marvel shirts.

There's no way UMvC3 remaster or MvC4 isn't happening. My crazy guess is UMvC3 remaster at VGAs, followed by MvC4 at Capcom Pro Tour.

I've already said - MvC4 is at the PSX keynote. No idea where UMvC3 is gonna show up.

SmokeMaxX

I'm sure this means nothing, but Marvel does actually own marvelvcapcom.com and renewed the domain late last year. The domain was created about 2 years prior to the release of vanilla Marvel Vs Capcom 3. It's set to expire in less than two months though.

I recall MVC2 and UMVC3 were on a list of potential BC titles for Xbox One. Quite a few of the other items on that list have eventually gone BC so I have been holding out hope.

Not sure what to make of all this exclusivity talk though. Plans may have changed.

Not only no x-men .... no Dr Doom, no Super Skrull, no Sentinel, no Storm, no Magneto, no Wolverine, no Deadpool

oh and 2x2 not 3x3

Figured as much. Like I said, I refuse to believe Marvel is that dumb to not include Deadpool or Wolverine until something is officially shown. They need to get over the Fox situation.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I tried to compile all the information we have thus far because as time goes on people are just trying to spread nonsense, and the OP isn't being updated. I left out completely unreliable/unaccountable stuff (4Chan, Discord), but all of this stuff shouldn't be taken as fact and people should use their own judgment.

Information:

Early testing for MvC4 will begin next year
Source:
YogaFlame24 via Twitter

MvC4 will be announced at Playstation Experience/Capcom Cup, a 2017 Title
Source:
Names withheld to protect them, but established members of the FGC/Ryce say it will be announced specifically after Capcom Cup Grand Finals.
Source: Polygon's independent sources point to an announcement more generally this weekend.
Source: Eurogamer's own sources corroborate an announcement more generally at the Playstation Experience.
Source: SneakersSO says we'll see it at the PSX keynote first. Mentions this repeatedly, as well as that what will happen at Capcom Cup will instead be an exhibition.
Source: Lupinko.
Source: shinobi602

Team Ninja is involved
Source:
Names withheld to protect them, but established members of the FGC/Ryce.

No more X-Men, focus on MCU Characters
Source:
Polygon suggests, with the author clarifying on twitter this conclusion was reached by what he was told to expect.
Source: Eurogamer corroborating Polygon's claims.
Source: Nibel via Twitter.
Source: A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed

MvC4 will feature Ant-Man & Groot
Source:
Polygon, with the author specifying that these characters were specifically named.
Source: Eurogamer corroborating Polygon's report

MvC4 will feature Dr. Strange
Source:
Eurogamer.

"Good news for fans of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 specifically coming soon"
Source:
Polygon
Speculation: A UMvC3 port to be announced at either the TGAs or PSX based on a sudden UMvC3 stream by Iron Galaxy, and Marvel-Related tweets by Iron Galaxy CEO, a developer that has a history in doing Capcom re-releases.

MCU Film Actors involved, there is no "4" in the game title
Source:
Nibel via Twitter.

MvC4 is a Sony Exclusive
Source:
SneakersSO heard about a year and a half ago that Sony made a deal with Capcom to develop a Vs. game, later specified as Marvel from sources close to Capcom.

Combofiend is the new battle director
Source:
sephi22

Will be more casual-focused compared to SFV which is more competitive-focused, have big marketing push
Source:
sephi22

The Gameplay will take a 2v2 + 1 Assist Format
Source:
A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK,, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed.

Teases/Ambiguous/Probably Nothing:

Lupinko tweeting about X-Men
Source:
A post-Polygon article beserker barrage of X-Men related tweets, some of which have #datmarvel.

"Bounce"
Source:
A series of GAF posts by bishoptl: 1 2 3

Yeah marvel is still able to use the skrulls as a race in the movies. They could just create a skull with a different name.
Didn't they go out of their way to not use the Skrulls as a race in the movies, instead opting for their Ultimate counterparts in the Avengers?

Platy

Figured as much. Like I said, I refuse to believe Marvel is that dumb to not include Deadpool or Wolverine until something is officially shown. They need to get over the Fox situation.

There is an interview where Seth Killian said it was hard as hell to get them for MvC3 .... now without him and more success in the MCU I don't think they can bargain ...

Didn't they go out of their way to not use the Skrulls as a race in the movies, instead opting for their Ultimate counterparts in the Avengers?

It had less to do with licensing and more to do with needing time to establish the Skrulls and their motivations. It doesn't make sense for Thanos to be leading a Skrull invasion of earth anyhow.

ZeroCDR

A collection would be amazing, but UMvC3 (hopefully on PC too) with rollback netcode is my biggest want. Not expecting a major patch but go ahead and surprise me :)

MvC2 is still phenomenal including the online play on PS3 and 360, at the least those should be put back the digital marketplace.

JeTmAn81

Lol at all y'all getting hyped for ports which existed last gen. I still have all those on my PS Thrizzle, where'd yours go?

Neoxon

One thing to add, Tom Philips said yes to no Fox characters in general, not just the X-Men. This is what I asked.
Me on Twitter said:
Can you confirm Polygon's scoop on MvC4 (at PSX/CC, 2017, has Ant-Man & Groot, no Fox characters, etc.)?

The reason the xmen and ff wouldnt be in is that it would give the movie versions popularity
Super Skrull isn't in the Fox cinematic universe and so him coming back wouldn't give Fox free publicity
Fox has the movie rights to Kl'rt/Super-Skrull in particular, so he's fucked by virtue of Marvel avoiding Fox-owned characters.

Kinsei

Banned
Lol at all y'all getting hyped for ports which existed last gen. I still have all those on my PS Thrizzle, where'd yours go?

I was a dumb teen and sold MvC3 for some quick cash. It's super fucking expensive right now so I would really appreciate a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom