• @NeoGAF

GamerJM
(01-09-2017, 04:27 PM)
woah woah woah wait

what's this about preorders?
Kissenkopf

Originally Posted by Nanashrew

The curtain thing was hilarious. And I figured it was JC who responded to GAF, he reads our stuff.

Who is JC? Jackie Chan works for Nintendo?
oti

Originally Posted by Zoon

Just preordered. Thank god almost nobody gives a fuck about Nintendo in Greece. I'll most likely have mine on launch day.

All they care about is Fifa and PES, right?
Nanashrew
(01-09-2017, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Kissenkopf

Fun guy https://twitter.com/JCDotface/
Rösti

JC Rodrigo, a manager at the Nintendo Treehouse.

dmaul1114
Banned

Originally Posted by Brofield

If Animal Crossing on Switch is a thing, I have learned my lesson from New Leaf and will definitely go digital for more games if I can. Switching games is definitely a reason for not playing it more often.

Does anyone else anticipate buying more digitally, or does the rumoured internal storage specs concern you, even with SD card storage?

Storage is a concern, and I like being able to resell--especially with Nintendo since their games hold value and I don't have to rush to beat them before the prices tank.

So I'd reserve digital there for things like Animal Crossing, Splatoon that are long-term, pick up and play games as those are great to not have to switch carts as you note.

Pretty much same as I do on other platforms, though there I also buy cheap digital games that are priced low enough that I don't care about not being able to resell, but that doesn't really happen often with Nintendo first party stuff or their major third party exclusives.
Tom Nook
(01-09-2017, 04:31 PM)
3 Days!
Kingpin Rogers
(01-09-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by m4st4

OBE1 posted another one of his hype meltdowns, my ears still hurt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EcnlyJslA

Don't bother clicking though, he said:

PLATINUM GAMES IS WORKING ON A SWITCH EXCLUSIVE SINCE BAYO2 DEVELOPMENT ENDED.

Bayo3 confirmed?

Imagine being stuck in a room with that guy for more than 10 minutes. *shudders*
Kissenkopf
(01-09-2017, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Nanashrew

Fun guy https://twitter.com/JCDotface/

Aha. Thank you.

Never heard of him. Abd I thought I know staff at Nintendo by now. >_<
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(01-09-2017, 04:33 PM)
Is people start to losing their sanity right now?

skypunch
Banned

Originally Posted by Kingpin Rogers

Imagine being stuck in a room with that guy for more than 10 minutes. *shudders*

He's probably not like that in real life, only on his videos.
DecoReturns

Aha. Thank you.

He appears a lot on treehouse.

Shout out Gaf during the Rhythm Heaven segment at E3
SuperSah
Was it over when the Russians bombed Gaza? Hell no!
(01-09-2017, 04:34 PM)

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Surprisingly still calm! I fully expect hype to only kick in a couple hours before the show. Though being up at 2am to get ready for 4am will make me grumpy. :P
LordKano
Banned
(01-09-2017, 04:34 PM)

This gif is way too friggin fast, I can't stop to look at it.
Platy
(01-09-2017, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Plum

Because red's the main branding colour of the Switch and Nintendo as a whole. It's why PS4 boxes are blue and X1 boxes are green.

Gamecube main color was purple and the box were black
3DS had a red 3 in the logo but the boxes were white

More like last week =P
oti
(01-09-2017, 04:35 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

This gif is way too friggin fast, I can't stop to look at it.

Love it.
foltzie1
(01-09-2017, 04:36 PM)
I think the pre-order limits are indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft's retail distribution chain as compared to say Apple's.

I can place an order for an iPhone at Apple.com as soon as pre-orders open and I know I'm locked in place and I can place the same order at a Verizon or AT&T store and know I dont have to keep following up to get the item. It will ship when my place in the virtual line comes up.

The video game companies dont do this and cap pre-orders at a rather low level and if the item is hot force customers to jump from store to store in hopes of finding one.

It wouldn't prevent scalping (look at the price of AirPods for example), but it would certainly be less annoying to have to have one retail transaction that results in a purchase even if someone has to wait for shipping.
ErrorMacro
Man, I had a dream about the new 3D Mario this past night. It was:

- Like a mix between Mario Galaxy (having some planetoid like parts) and Super Mario 64, as being more open ended in design.
- Looked Amazing. Like a more "painted" style in comparison to the segments shown in the Switch First Look.
- Several Characters were playable, each with their own abilities, required to progress through certain areas of the game.
- Music certainly had a Super Mario 64 vibe to it.
- It was like a mix between open world and level based. Imagine a Hub like Mario 64, Galaxy, or Sunshine, but much bigger and more varied, with several objectives. Each level is a subarea contained in this bigger hub, with no screen transition like in the aforementioned games.

It was amazing, and now I'll probably be a bit disappointed with the real thing :(
callsignkrogan
man im glad i checked this thread today. I would be upset if I missed pre-orders going out this week.
GulAtiCa

Oh god, I nearly forgot about those horrible ads...
Honorio
(01-09-2017, 04:37 PM)
"starting" to lose our minds.
Matbtz

Yep... Time is starting to slow more and more as we approach the reveal, I suspect the time will stop just before the presentation...
Possumowner
3 days,can't believe we're in touching distance.Train full steam ahead 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂
J@hranimo

It's almost time!

edit: Oh yeah, NateDrake made a video stating Gamestop will open their Pre-orders on Friday the 13th and will announce a trade-in promo for current gen consoles towards it.

Complain to me about misinformation instead of him if late.
Last edited by J@hranimo; 01-09-2017 at 04:42 PM.
BlastProcessing
(01-09-2017, 04:38 PM)

I don't know what you're talking about...

NateDrake
(01-09-2017, 04:39 PM)
I'll share what I heard today concerning GameStop pre-orders. Will be available once the stores open on Friday morning, allocations differs per-store, and a trade-in promo will be detailed this week - so if you are looking to unload your PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U for trade credit you'll hear about the promo this week. And GameStop will have a list for those who miss pre-orders but want to be emailed or called if extra pre-orders become available.
Dark Cloud
(01-09-2017, 04:40 PM)
Will this topic make it to 350 pages before the Official Switch Presentation topic gets created? Lol
JoshuaJSlone
(01-09-2017, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by thefro

Gamestop has ~4400 stores, so we're probably looking at them getting ~60k units in for pre-orders.

Which is reasonable considering the whole US would probably only get 600k-800k units out of a 2 million WW shipment from Nintendo.

There's also that there could be additional shipments in the last half of the month, so not all 2 million would be there day one.
Ocarina_117
(01-09-2017, 04:42 PM)
I DEMAND A MAJORA'S MASK COUNTDOWN
kulapik
Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

Phoenixus
Sigh, one more work shift tomorrow before my time off to bask in the glory of the full switch unveiling. Gonna secure a preorder ASAP.

Edit.

Originally Posted by kulapik

Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

That is brilliant.
Milly Osworth
(01-09-2017, 04:43 PM)

WiiU already erased from history :D:D
Vena
(01-09-2017, 04:43 PM)

Switch comes with a TV!?
J@hranimo
(01-09-2017, 04:44 PM)

This is fantastic lol. Saved.
Rösti

Originally Posted by Vena

Switch comes with a TV!?

It's the HMD.
Dark Cloud

Wait what's that thing at the bottom poking out? I don't remember the Switch poking something out.
Gaspard

Originally Posted by YuriLowell

Guess ill be F5ing on Amazon as soon as it comes up.

Ditto
foltzie1

I can't help but wonder if this is the source of the Day 2 Gif.
Nanashrew
(01-09-2017, 04:45 PM)

Aha. Thank you.

He's a cool dude. I first met him in Twitch chat and helped couch Team Squidiot to near total victory for the Treehouse Splatoon tournament.
AdanVC

Slowly starting to lose my sanity and go into full hype mode!!! The only thing is pushing me back to be in full hype mode now are the preorder stuff : /
Milly Osworth

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud

Wait what's that thing at the bottom poking out? I don't remember the Switch poking something out.

Think a bit longer...
Fatmanp
(01-09-2017, 04:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Matbtz

Yep... Time is starting to slow more and more as we approach the reveal, I suspect the time will stop just before the presentation...

What will feel like an eternity is when the clock strikes zero and the stream does not start and a message pops up on screen saying "The event will begin shortly". Sony used to be bad for this at E3 where would be waiting 10-15 minutes.
NateDrake
(01-09-2017, 04:46 PM)
It's a throwback of an early NES ad:

Last edited by NateDrake; 01-09-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Waji
(01-09-2017, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by ErrorMacro

Man, I had a dream about the new 3D Mario this past night. It was:

- Like a mix between Mario Galaxy (having some planetoid like parts) and Super Mario 64, as being more open ended in design.
- Looked Amazing. Like a more "painted" style in comparison to the segments shown in the Switch First Look.
- Several Characters were playable, each with their own abilities, required to progress through certain areas of the game.
- Music certainly had a Super Mario 64 vibe to it.
- It was like a mix between open world and level based. Imagine a Hub like Mario 64, Galaxy, or Sunshine, but much bigger and more varied, with several objectives. Each level is a subarea contained in this bigger hub, with no screen transition like in the aforementioned games.

It was amazing, and now I'll probably be a bit disappointed with the real thing :(

Your dreams are... detailed, but what's amazing is that they have music.
SuperSah
Was it over when the Russians bombed Gaza? Hell no!

That's actually kinda neat!

Edit" "even skeptics are welcome" LOL
Nibel
Is that ad official?
funo
(01-09-2017, 04:48 PM)

This picture creeps me the fuck out!
HOW DOES THE CRT BALANCE ON TOP OF THE FLATSCREEEEENS? RAAR
JustenP88
I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
(01-09-2017, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by NateDrake

It's a play on an early NES ad:

This is dope. I've got a feeling they're going to give their adult fans a nostalgia overload that will make owning a Switch borderline mandatory.
mocolostrocolos

How come Nintendo Spain made an advert in English?

Raro de cojones.

Edit. Oh, the PR Manager.
kulapik

Originally Posted by Nibel

Is that ad official?

I don't think it is, but it's neat regardless. If anything it's extra-official, as it might have been made by someone at Nintendo, but not supposed to represent the company officially.
Last edited by kulapik; 01-09-2017 at 04:52 PM.