• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Kyanrute

I am relatively certain that I can provide evidence about whether Dusk is scum or if he was manipulated somehow if he gives me his name. The evidence includes my full claim. Additionally, I possess some information that might possibly be helpful in:

-confirming myself
-figuring out why no townie died last night
-narrowing scum fake claim pool later on.

But I need the name.

hatmoza

If Kyan can prove a manipulative role exists or prove Dusk is scum, I strongly suggest everybody push for Dusk to cooperate with Kyan because this info could prove to be big.

Dusk, respond to Kyan.

Kyanrute

In addition, I'll argue that if Dusk is telling the truth, he is dead meat. Names are, barring some specific cases that I imagine might exist, alignments. Dusk is an alignment cop, or claims to be a one. You are scum's enemy number one if town. If you are not killed, you will be manipulated. Your power was weakened considerably when you claimed. It is not certain at all you will be able to provide reads or if the reads you will get will be reliable at all.

The only thing I can think of that you gain by hiding the information is that you protect yourself from some sort of a gender-specific protection-piercing kill, which existence is but a theory without evidence. Ask yourself, how much do you value do you give to an unreliable, unconfirmed alignment cop?

The obvious counter to this argument ofc is lynch Kyan and see but ehh. Choose who to trust.

Kyanrute

Should clarify that truth in the previous post means that Dusk is what he claims to be and he saw me as Psylocke, but was manipulated (redirected or whatever) to a scummie.

Swamped

Banned
Also, for anyone who seriously thinks I'm scum, who exactly was I trying to protect yesterday? Kyan or Dusk? If you think they were BOTH my scum buddies, that means you think I was pushing SQUIDYJ of all people, as a scapegoat. In that case, don't you think i could have picked a much easier target?

And if I was only trying to protect one of the two, why wouldn't I have just jumped on the other?

To be fair, you were pushing for Squidy all day D2 (and a little D1). It would have been strange to suddenly change targets (to Kyan or Dusk) if you didn't openly scum-read them before.

I still don't trust Palmer.

I too am curious why people have flipped on squidy.

I never truly scumread him, but even so his claim was fairly poor, don't see why it would change your mind.

I flipped on Squidy because he was suspicious of Haly D1, who turned out to be scum. It's possible it's just scum calling out scum, but that's not how I read it. If someone has a compelling argument against Squidy I'm willing to listen.

I guess I'll just do a claim instead of dragging this out.

My character is from the anime Black Lagoon, to protect myself from gender-targetting roles I'm keeping their identity secret.

However, they are a hacker.

My night ability allows to me to look up the role name of one player.

My night action is QUERY: player.

I used the secret chat discussion​ as a smoke screen to help me pick my targets. Speculation is one of the best ways I found to get people to divulge information they shouldn't know.

Cabot's fervent defense of Kyanrute D2, is why I decided to check Kyanrute last night.

His character is Psylocke. For those that don't know, Psylocke is a character from X-Men a Gaijin comic.

Oooooooo the plot thickens! At least this explanation is consistent, and Dusk's actions D1 and D2 now make sense in the most Dusk of ways. They were strange but I didn't scum-read them.

Now, is Kyan doing a Gambit to save himself? Is he trying to get others to roleclaim? He says he'll fully role claim if Dusk does. So if Kyan doesn't, of course I will lynch him. Thing is, if they are both town that's a lot of roles out in the open...

Since Dusk has already claimed though, and if he thinks it's helpful, he should tell us who he checked N1. (N2 was Kyan)

unvote

Kyanrute

oh and i will steal the post that essentially says

"kyaa is asking for the name to buy time in order to look towny while the scum chat is panicking and looking for a way to get out of this"

what a silly post that wouldve been, glad nobody managed to post that!

Swamped

Banned
The only thing I can think of that you gain by hiding the information is that you protect yourself from some sort of a gender-specific protection-piercing kill, which existence is but a theory without evidence. Ask yourself, how much do you value do you give to an unreliable, unconfirmed alignment cop?

The obvious counter to this argument ofc is lynch Kyan and see but ehh. Choose who to trust.

I was agnostic on Kyan before, but the bolded just reads like he's trying to sow the seeds of doubt on Dusk. I mean, all claimed cops are unconfirmed until they die. I feel like Dusk has said enough about his role. The best course of action is to lynch Kyan, that will tell us everything we need to know about Dusk. If Kyan flips town and we can't figure out what happened N2 after his flip (remember, Kyan is claiming PR) then Dusk is scum.

Don't claim a gender Dusk. Scum probably has a role that targets certain genders. Also remember that there is some creepy weeb out there building a harem.

tumblr_n63b3l8lmD1tc9ml0o1_400.gif

VOTE: Kyanrute

Kyanrute

I was agnostic on Kyan before, but the bolded just reads like he's trying to sow the seeds of doubt on Dusk. I mean, all claimed cops are unconfirmed until they die. I feel like Dusk has said enough about his role. The best course of action is to lynch Kyan, that will tell us everything we need to know about Dusk. If Kyan flips town and we can't figure out what happened N2 after his flip (remember, Kyan is claiming PR) then Dusk is scum.

Don't claim a gender Dusk. Scum probably has a role that targets certain genders. Also remember that there is some creepy weeb out there building a harem.

VOTE: Kyanrute

If this all goes to shitters townie friends, imagine something like flipping me as town and then flipping Dusk as town too, read this again and lynch Swamped.

Kyanrute

I flip as town, is Dusk scum? Unsure, might've been manipulated.
I flip as scum, is Dusk town? Not completely sure, there is the threat of a gambit but the timing was bit off most would say I think, defaulting stances to reasonable levels of trust.

In addition, I'll argue that if Dusk is telling the truth, he is dead meat. Names are, barring some specific cases that I imagine might exist, alignments. Dusk is an alignment cop, or claims to be a one. You are scum's enemy number one if town. If you are not killed, you will be manipulated. Your power was weakened considerably when you claimed. It is not certain at all you will be able to provide reads or if the reads you will get will be reliable at all.

The only reason I'm choosing to come forward today is because I've got a red check.

I realize that I could be taken out by scum for it, but being killed is only going to strengthen my claim not weaken it.

There's no guarantee that I'll get another red check so I might as well come forward now.

No town players died N2, so there is obviously some sort of protective roles still in play. Hopefully I can clear someone else tomorrow.

The only reason I'm choosing to come forward today is because I've got a red check.

I realize that I could be taken out by scum for it, but being killed is only going to strengthen my claim not weaken it.

There's no guarantee that I'll get another red check so I might as well come forward now.

No town players died N2, so there is obviously some sort of protective roles still in play. Hopefully I can clear someone else tomorrow.

Total noob question but whats a red check.

Kyanrute

Name. Yes or no?

Swamped

Banned
If this all goes to shitters townie friends, imagine something like flipping me as town and then flipping Dusk as town too, read this again and lynch Swamped.

True. But look at it this way. You are claiming a PR that can explain why Dusk got a red check on you. Therefore, with your flip, if you are town, we should be able to explain what happened N2. And if we can't, Dusk is scum. The best thing to do is to lynch you I'm afraid.

Kyanrute

True. But look at it this way. You are claiming a PR that can explain why Dusk got a red check on you. Therefore, with your flip, if you are town, we should be able to explain what happened N2. And if we can't, Dusk is scum. The best thing to do is to lynch you I'm afraid.

No, I am not doing this. #1853

Kyanrute

If Dusk does not give me the name and you lynch me:

- you cannot use my info to tell anything about his alignment, nor is my town flip confirmation that he is scum either
- my flip does not tell you the info I know about N2
- and in the case that both Dusk and I are scum, a manipulative role must exist. you will not know about this until you lynch Dusk too.

Remembering what I know about Black Lagoon (I followed that entire show when it aired on Toonami), I have a good feeling I know exactly who Dusk is claiming to be.

Uh, I don't know if it's a good idea to say it aloud, though.

Kyanrute

My N1 target was SkyOdin-kun.

I was suspicious of him because of his speculation about there being a rare gender in play.

I left a fairly obvious breadcrumb to it in my D2 posts.

hey you, yes you on the other side of the screen!

obviously kyaaa cannot point out how fucking convenient it is that the cop happened to check the dead guy, because that would be "sowing the seeds of doubt!"

luckily that's where you come in, yes you!

maybe you can notify dusk about this fact!

thanks!

squidyj

is there someone else you would check? limiting to just one is a poor plan. if you're town you're opening up an easy manipulation by a third party., i'ts better to keep them guessing.

is there someone else you would check? limiting to just one is a poor plan. if you're town you're opening up an easy manipulation by a third party., i'ts better to keep them guessing.

I wanted to check dragon-chan, since she was on my scum list anyway, but I guess it doesn't matter who I check. They can confirm me regardless.

I wanted to check dragon-chan, since she was on my scum list anyway, but I guess it doesn't matter who I check. They can confirm me regardless.

I mean I'm totes cool with you checking me, but I think that Squiddy is right in that you should get other volunteers to check to throw off scum.

Because I'm fully expecting to die tonight now, since there's no way they'd risk the chance of having a confirmed town around. Unless scum do have a manipulator of some kind, which means I will get a red check from you.

Either way, I'm ready to claim should that happen. I dunno, I think the risk is worth it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Kyan was one of my top scum reads...couldn't decide between him or Dusk. I was getting a better feeling from him since late day 2 since he's been posting actual content, but looking back it's been pretty much entirely on the defensive.

Considering this game is a 6 on the bastard scale, I think Kyan is implying far too much complexity. I can't imagine under any circumstance how Dusk's name could help explain a scenario where they're both town.

Kyan's flip is going to tell us more than anything else at this point. If he flips scum I think Palmer should be our next target.

Vote: kyanrute

TheExodu5

Banned

No point in telling us who you're going to check...that simply gives scum the opportunity to kill them so you can't actually prove your role.

cabot

Everyone just blindly accepts Dusk's mixed alignment hidden chat nonsense being a 'cover' when his claim has nothing to do with hidden chats, he's a mere role cop?

Seriously, no one asked this question?

Why of all things would you start discussing that in Day 1 if your role has nothing to do with it?

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (7)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782
WhereAreMahDragonz 1850
squidyj 1862
Swamped 1863
TheExodu5 1889

Palmer_v1 (1)
TheExodu5 1756 1772
flatearthpandas 1768
TheExodu5 1772 1889

Cewyn (1)
cabot 1817

Poltergust (1)
Swamped 1745 1857
squidyj 1746 1862
BlackBuzzard 1747 1838
WhereAreMahDragonz 1748 1842
rac 1759 1821
Kyanrute 1784

hatmoza (1)
Kawl_USC 1812

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

No active vote for Day 3: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), Cewyn, hatmoza, oreomunsta, Palmer_v1, rac (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 2, BlackBuzzard 11, cabot 15, Cewyn 0, Dusk Soldier 15, flatearthpandas 2, hatmoza 7, Kawl_USC 3, Kyanrute 34, oreomunsta 0, Palmer_v1 8, Poltergust 12, rac 3, squidyj 10, Swamped 7, TheExodu5 9, ultron87 2, WhereAreMahDragonz 15

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Palmer_v1

I'm hesitant right now for a few reasons.

One, not immediately listing your N1 target was odd.

It being SkyOdin is doubly odd. It's always sketchy to claim knowledge based on stuff that has been revealed.

Further issue is the person you targeted dying the same night. Is this just an attempt to cover yourself in case we had a tracker/voyeur?

That said, I'd be willing to vote kyanrute to verify you, if only because he's somebody that will probably be in contention regardless.

WAMD volunteering to be schecked is also problematic, cause you don't want scum knowing your plan.

My real worry is this is a scum gambit cause they know dusk is potentially on the block, but red checking kyanrute seem like an odd choice when he was also somewhat doomed already. Doing it to me or Ultron would have been better, I feel.

Everyone just blindly accepts Dusk's mixed alignment hidden chat nonsense being a 'cover' when his claim has nothing to do with hidden chats, he's a mere role cop?

Seriously, no one asked this question?

Why of all things would you start discussing that in Day 1 if your role has nothing to do with it?

I used the secret chat discussion​ as a smoke screen to help me pick my targets. Speculation is one of the best ways I found to get people to divulge information they shouldn't know.

Palmer_v1

I also don't understand Kyan's caginess on the scum kill. The obvious choices for his claim are Roleblocker or doctor, and scum can't be so stupid that they wouldn't recognize that as well.

Outing anyone other than yourself is probably a bad idea, Kyan.

Just feels like you're stalling though.

Planned targeting is a bad idea for so many reasons. It even being suggested has me immediately suspicious of Dragonz.

The only reason I suggested it is so that we can verify that Dusk's powers do exactly what he says they do

If he gets a name, then he should be able to google exactly who I am and we'll know for sure he's telling the truth. It's important to be able to trust the cop.

Kyanrute

The dank plays are keeping me awake.

I am a gender ascetic. A specific gender cannot target me. I know I blocked something last night.

The name.

Top Bottom