• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Timeaisis

Yeah except I am not of the opinion that using your power clears you.

OK, but the whole reason you would be voting me today is because you don't believe my power, is it not? So you would potentially want to vote me tomorrow even though my power activates? I will give you that you will not be able to do that under Thunderdome, but, again, your reasoning for doing so would take a hit, would it not?

It sounds to me like you both are really, really trying to justify that lynch happening today, come hell or high water.

Faddy

Banned
OK, but the whole reason you would be voting me today is because you don't believe my power, is it not? So you would potentially want to vote me tomorrow even though my power activates? I will give you that you will not be able to do that under Thunderdome, but, again, your reasoning for doing so would take a hit, would it not?

It sounds to me like you both are really, really trying to justify that lynch happening today, come hell or high water.

I believe Sorian's insight into Natiko's namecheck.

CCS

Banned
I think I am right about Sorian and he should claim. (actually anyone who is Joker should claim)

There is a high probability scum know who you are either from Natiko bodyguard or from role blocking you. You saw my post about Sorian, I don't want him dead and a scum hunting vig is definitely useful for Town. That would stand for any Joker.

So if you claim and give us Natiko's checks and your scum reads I think Nudull could be convinced to protect you tonight which would give you an additional night to work with.

I agree with the bolded a lot.

What happens if you choose four town people for your four party thunderdome (which is really more a cage match at that point)?

It's why I don't like thunderdomes in general. How does it prove you are town? I think you have this ability, I am pretty sure you are town because I agree with your insight so far this game. I just dont know why making your thunderdome means you are "proved town".

And this will be really far into the game, a four part cage match with all four being town is unlikely, but possible. And that possibility would be devastating...

Fat4all

Banned
What happens if you choose four town people for your four party thunderdome (which is really more a cage match at that point)?

It's why I don't like thunderdomes in general. How does it prove you are town? I think you have this ability, I am pretty sure you are town because I agree with your insight so far this game. I just dont know why making your thunderdome means you are "proved town".

And this will be really far into the game, a four part cage match with all four being town is unlikely, but possible. And that possibility would be devastating...

The assumption is that it is either a town or neutral ability because it would be to powerful in scum hands.

The possibility to accidentally pick four town is still there, but it's a guarantee if a scum has it.

Hmm. Faddy may be biased, but there might be something with Nat and Sorian. Even if the investigation result on Time is implied, it's still an alleged red check from a neutral cop. I'm always doubtful of anything from a neutral.

Fat4all

Banned
Why not lynch Sorian today and grab Time tomorrow?

I'd say the actual choice today is either lynch Time, or lynch anyone but Time.

Aiming for the Joker would be a bit of a waste as they have a similar goal and possible positive utility.

I'm not as sure as others to whether the Joker should reveal themselves, as I'm not sure how much faith I have in our claimed doctor.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just want to point out to everyone here that players may have many reasons for doing X or not doing Y, and if it's game-related, then fine. Using anyone's real life activities against them is strictly prohibited, and you also look like a dick if you do that.

And on the flipside (and this is NOT directed at Nudull, just a general statement), don't lie about RL activities as an excuse either. That's also shitty.

Time, why not give us some more incentive to keep you alive?

Who are your current "thunderdome/cage match competitors".

Or do you still want us to just give you our top scum reads and then assign your own?

Timeaisis

Incentive is what a neutral gives for keeping them alive. The incentive to keeping me alive is that I'm town.

But, anyway. My 4 thunderdome are I think...

Flame_AC
Sorian
Acohrs
Verelios

CCS

Banned
People who should not be in thunderdome:

Me, Sorian, Fat4All, Faddy.

I have my preferences (see my reads list) but those are the ones I absolutely do not want thunderdomed.

Penguin

Wow come back and we all turned on Sorian.

I still have my doubts about Time but he'll prove himself by putting everyone in Thunderdome.

I think Faddy is town now that we confirmed that Natiko and he weren't playing some weird game. At least, in my head.

I think my last suspect was Fat4All.... hmm

Faddy

Banned
We are missing a few players as we come to deadline

acohrs, absolutbro and Bronx have all been MIA for a while.

I assume Sorian will be back here soonish and we might get somewhere.

I am trying to imagine what in the world gets town players to agree to doctor protect a freaking neutral killer, whose win con we do not definitively know.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm most of the way there on that as well.

But I don't know if it's in our best interests to keep him around. What if there's some part to the role/leaving the game that'll hurt us?

There's many possibilities as to what the Joker can or can't do, or whether or not they were the one with the poison at all. It's all assumptions at this point.

What we do know is that they are after scum.

Honestly guys I consider subbing out a few times with how swamped I have been at work and at home, but we have had more than enough subs as it is. I will try my best to be more present and in the game. Apparently my read list didn't post last night, so when I get home I will try to see what the fuck happened there.

We do know it. Neutrals win when Joker kills Robin who is scum role.
We have no idea if Joker has a separate win con if Harley dies. I agree it is unlikely, but unlikely is not the same as impossible.

And fuck autocorrect and fuck the post timer. Also Verizon for shitty data service. 1x data connection is some goddamn bullshit.

Flame_AC

I disagree that we know the win condition for Joker/Sorian for sure, it could be two parts or something. I'm just hesitant to go and let a potential killer take a shot at someone when we don't know their motives for sure.

acohrs

We are missing a few players as we come to deadline

acohrs, absolutbro and Bronx have all been MIA for a while.

I assume Sorian will be back here soonish and we might get somewhere.

? Well that's nonsense, been posting today and spelled out my main lynch target and why I'm voting for them.

What's more curious is that nearly half the players here haven't voted. Not sure what everyone is waiting for, it's nearly day end

Fat4all

Banned
For now, my vote is going towards acohrs.

VOTE: acohrs

Their blasé take on yesterday's 50/50 scum vote, their sudden switch to scum read on Royal with no reasoning, and the lack of accountable reaction today leaves me wanting from them.

I'm still considering other courses of action on this, obviously. There's a lot of consider, and the possibility of a Joker claim from someone could sway things (though the Joker might, understandably, keep their head down).

Here's the thing. We know Nudull can self target, Nudull said as much. We suspect scum only has one regular kill. IF Joker comes forward, and that's a big IF, Nudull should absolutely NOT commit to protecting them. We should absolutely leave scum guessing as to whom Nudull is protecting. If they go off script and kill someone who is neither of them, they will be in the exact same position tomorrow: they don't know which to kill. We should absolutely NOT be giving scum a game plan in the freaking game thread.

Penguin

? Well that's nonsense, been posting today and spelled out my main lynch target and why I'm voting for them.

What's more curious is that nearly half the players here haven't voted. Not sure what everyone is waiting for, it's nearly day end

That's a fair point and since may happen during my commute

Vote: Fat4All

Then why would Joker ever come forward?
I am not the one saying they should, just to be clear. BUT, if they don't come forward they will definitely have no protection from the doctor. IF they think they know who Robin is, they could come forward for (possible) protection and one more night to kill their target.

I have no idea who the Joker player is, I am pretty sure my read list pointed someone other than Sorian but I won't know until I see why it didn't post. Either way, it comes down to what they think is their best chance. Honestly Joker isn't team Town, so I'm not really inclined to care too much despite our adjacent goals.

Sorian

Banned
Caught up, I did want to comment on this post since it was one of the few that didn't revolve around Joker speculation:

Here's the thing. We know Nudull can self target, Nudull said as much. We suspect scum only has one regular kill. IF Joker comes forward, and that's a big IF, Nudull should absolutely NOT commit to protecting them. We should absolutely leave scum guessing as to whom Nudull is protecting. If they go off script and kill someone who is neither of them, they will be in the exact same position tomorrow: they don't know which to kill. We should absolutely NOT be giving scum a game plan in the freaking game thread.

Nudull claims they can self target, if this is true that means their stipulation is they can't target the same player on consecutive nights. Something to keep in mind. Will post more when I get to a desktop in a sec.

Verelios

I'm interested in a L_P Lynch but I'm not going to go that route if it has no traction. Their vote yesterday was just the last string of wrong for me building up since day 2, especially since it was a rehashing of what acorns pretty much said (also rubbed me the wrong way)
Vote: Royal_Flush

A lot of what Mazre has done is strange, but I think his PR is more useful than Flush.

Vote: Royal_Flush

don't really like either side of this lynch, but mazre's PR is quite powerful and can help us more than RF's. first, we need to see a flip though to know whether we can trust them

Faddy

Banned
Caught up, I did want to comment on this post since it was one of the few that didn't revolve around Joker speculation:

Nudull claims they can self target, if this is true that means their stipulation is they can't target the same player on consecutive nights. Something to keep in mind. Will post more when I get to a desktop in a sec.

Sorian are you the Joker?

Very true but he claims he didn't target anyone last night so he can self protect tonight. My idea sort of hinged on that, and unless scum can track where Nudull is going they are still going at it at a disadvantage.

Hopping in car, back in an hour.

Timeaisis

Finally, a sane person. Frankly, the quickness that Nudull accepted Faddy's weird protect a neutral killer plan is incredibly suspect to me.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Fat4all (3)
Fireblend 2318
Zippedpinhead 2355
Penguin 2440

Timeaisis (3)
Sorian 2090
Flame_AC 2203
Faddy 2294

Zippedpinhead (1)
CCS 2397

acohrs (1)
Fat4all 2438

Nudull (1)
acohrs 2230

Sorian (1)
Timeaisis 2165

CCS (0): Timeaisis 2159 2165

Verelios (0): Faddy 2199 2294

No active vote for Day 4: AbsolutBro, Bronx-Man, Lone_Prodigy, Nudull, Verelios

Day 4 Postcount: AbsolutBro 10, acohrs 11, Bronx-Man 9, CCS 20, Faddy 58, Fat4all 32, Fireblend 22, Flame_AC 22, Lone_Prodigy 8, Nudull 8, Penguin 12, Sorian 79, Timeaisis 53, Verelios 20, Zippedpinhead 11

Day 4 ends:
bla_1494284400.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Fat4all

Banned
I'm interested in a L_P Lynch but I'm not going to go that route if it has no traction. Their vote yesterday was just the last string of wrong for me building up since day 2, especially since it was a rehashing of what acorns pretty much said (also rubbed me the wrong way)

There certainly was a sense of "look pretty and do as little as possible" from some people at the end of yesterday.

Though the perspective of a scum, it was a town v town vote, so all they had to do was be around and maybe try to avoid picking the side that gets lynched.

Top Bottom