• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

tumblr_lywiob7FXc1r9fbtuo1_500.gif

chiQ

first why did they cover there faces
Secound , Arabic writing is beautiful

Probably breaking the law or something.

Yes, gorgeous. So much nicer than the roman alphabet!

That is awesome driving. I wonder how many cars he messed up before he nailed it.

cluto

How exactly do they create this effect? Obviously they're not taking multiple photos light years away from each other...
It actually describes the process in that link you quoted, but I'm pretty sure there are totally legitimate animations similar to those that aren't created with digital effects. As far as my tiny monkey-brain understands it, every year or so they point a big ass telescope towards the same spot in the galaxy, and over the course of several years they have enough photos to make a neat little animation. Not every star/nebula/space thing moves at the same velocity when the galaxy is "rotating", so as our solar system moves, we can see objects in the galaxy from different angles over the course of several years.

Opiate

I really just think everyone has a type.

But the average "type" seems to fluctuate over time.

In other words, I think our preferences are significantly affected both by natural instinct but also by cultural influences that we cannot distinguish from our own "natural" preferences.

The ideal gets thicker then thinner then thicker again. Boobs are supposed to be big, then small, then big again. Some cultures prefer wide hips, others prefer leaner hips. Hairstyles go in and out of fashion. Tattoos do, too.

Again, not saying that each person doesn't have some say on what his "type" is. I just think people are much more influenced by popular culture than they realize. In a lot of ways, we cannot readily distinguish between the things we like because that's "in our nature," and the things we like because culture has trained us to do so.

Top Bottom