• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

RagnarokX

See that was the whole problem. They made 3 great games in Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld and people didn't put their money where their mouth is. I am beyond pumped for this new direction, and I am a huge fan of all the TR games.

"Great." I don't think people were voting that they were tired of Tomb Raider; They were voting that those games weren't good enough. Even then, those games sold over 2 million each. Anniversary sold much worse, but they didn't even market it and it was a generation behind.

This is a great game, I'm loving it so far. I'm enjoying it as much as I did Uncharted 2. I freaking love this new Lara Croft.

Naughty Dog, ball's on your court.

Ceebs

Anyone playing this with a mouse and keyboard or is it pretty much designed for 360 controller?

I have been full M/KBing it the entire way through (I can't stand playing a shooter with anything else) it works great after I died like 10 times 5 minutes in trying to figure out what the (!) icon means (it's F btw).

The combat does become stupid easy with a mouse though. Headshots galore.

hlhbk

"Great." I don't think people were voting that they were tired of Tomb Raider; They were voting that those games weren't good enough. Even then, those games sold over 2 million each. Anniversary sold much worse, but they didn't even market it and it was a generation behind.

For those clamoring for a great old school Tomb Raider game Anniversary was it. Say what you want, but those die hards that are talking about putting money where their mouth is didn't support that amazing title.

Is there a problem with shutting down my comp while this unpacking stuff is going on? Steam already stopped responding once and I had to force it closed and restart it. I want to just go to sleep without dealing with this crap. Computer games are never nice to me, I don't know why I buy them

I love it so far. As others have mentioned, the island has a ton of character itself, it feels dark and foreboding.

Also, the water-slide and parachute section is amazing.

oktarb

Failed to initialize 3D settings. Ahh this is why PCs get a bad wrap sometimes. Every single game I have works flawlessly but this game, nope. So now I get to play Drivers by nVidia.

hlhbk

Is there a problem with shutting down my comp while this unpacking stuff is going on? Steam already stopped responding once and I had to force it closed and restart it. I want to just go to sleep without dealing with this crap. Computer games are never nice to me, I don't know why I buy them

I would highly recommend you wait for it to unpack them. Also educate yourself about computers. The games are never "not nice" to me.

Mairu

I'm getting some bizarre graphical glitches at the beginning of the game... GTX 670 - Anyone have any ideas?

Just keeps flashing the blue/white all over the place

FCAAB448C1013EEBAE95EF8959D673606FFCC6F7

Ceebs

For those clamoring for a great old school Tomb Raider game Anniversary was it. Say what you want, but those die hards that are talking about putting money where their mouth is didn't support that amazing title.

I bought Anniversary 3 times (PS2, 360, and PC) >_>

Ceebs

Failed to initialize 3D settings. Ahh this is why PCs get a bad wrap sometimes. Every single game I have works flawlessly but this game, nope. So now I get to play Drivers by nVidia.

Disable exclusive fullscreen. It will work without a hitch after that.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow this game is amazing. I think. All I see when I launch the game is a black screen, but it's an impressive looking black screen.

RagnarokX

I think their version of the T-Rex fight killed any hype anyone had for the game. The game had a lot going against it; coming after Legend, being a remake, shit marketing.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright I found the problem. It was that damn exclusive fullscreen shit.

That hair effect looks great but it brought my benchmark down from 59.7fps average to 42 just by itself.

Alright I found the problem. It was that damn exclusive fullscreen shit.

That hair effect looks great but it brought my benchmark down from 59.7fps average to 42 just by itself.

Honestly, if you turn it off you'll forget about it pretty quick. It's pretty distracting in game, at least when it starts glitching.

chippie

I've been playing for the last 4 hours and I think it's great.

It is pretty much Uncharted: Lara Croft, but that's not a slight at all!

Just saw some weird black artifacts caused by the tessellation. Once I turned it off they disappeared. Yikes. (GTX670 ftw edition)

I managed to get the TressFX stuff to run at 60 for me by turning off post processing. I don't know what post processing does in this game but I didn't notice any difference in IQ during the benchmark.

Jtrizzy

So what are the qte buttons on PC? I'm at the part where
she knees the guy in the nuts and bites him should I be pressing F whenever it pops up? I get past those then when he gets on top of me I can't figure out how to turn the gun on him

Avallon

I'm crashing 4% in without fail. Any suggestions?

GTX 680, i5 3750 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
Ultimate settings. TressFX on, crash. TressFX off, crash.

It's crashing right when I get out on to the ledge.

woober

So what are the qte buttons on PC? I'm at the part where
she knees the guy in the nuts and bites him should I be pressing F whenever it pops up? I get past those then when he gets on top of me I can't figure out how to turn the gun on him

"E" is for the next prompt.

Trey

Crashed twice for me.

i5 2500K
HD6870
8GB RAM

Gonna fiddle with the settings, see if I can't make it work. It was a smooth 60fps on high-ish settings.

Top Bottom