• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dualshock 4 unboxing

With all these stores selling them now, and more to come, what's the chances of amazon sending them out early?

Someone stated that stores were selling them because Sony didn't street date the controllers. So if that's true then there's no reason why Amazon shouldn't ship them out.

Someone stated that stores were selling them because Sony didn't street date the controllers. So if that's true then there's no reason why Amazon shouldn't ship them out.

amazon will only follow the date unless told
i'm going to wait still. fuck SCEA. where is my Red DS4

I was at my Gamestop tonight in Long Beach and the clerk asked me if I wanted a Dualshock 4 right now. Man it was tempting...sooo tempting. But I'm getting one on Amazon and having the controller for three weeks would make the wait for Nov 15 so hard :(

Aspiring

amazon will only follow the date unless told
i'm going to wait still. fuck SCEA. where is my Red DS4

Well I still live in hope! And now people are spotting the camera as well?!? Man I hope amazon do follow these other stores!

Tsundere

Banned
Windows 8.1 finds the device as a Bluetooth Controller but is unable to pair (I tried once, will try a few more things in a bit).

Windows 8.1 also detects the following buttons (in the Controller Settings in Control Panel):
  • D-pad Up
  • D-pad Left
  • D-pad Down
  • D-pad Right
  • Left Analog
  • Left Analog Click
  • Right Analog
  • Right Analog Click
  • X
  • △
  • □
  • O
  • Left Shoulder
  • Left Trigger
  • Right Shoulder
  • Right Trigger
  • Share Button
  • Options Button
  • Trackpad Click
  • PS Button Click
The only thing not being detected is the trackpad "tracking". The sensitivity of the analogs is VERY high, they are very tight, and the slightest touch causes a registered signal.

Spinluck

Cool video.

But I don't understand how one holds a Dualshock the way he does. He even suggest it's possible for it to be common thing on the DS4. I know no one who does that. Anyway, the control is looking nicccccccee.

I'm inviting people over on the 16th to play some PS4 at my place, and that necessitated me to look at what games were available with local multiplayer. At the very least there is:

- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Madden 25 (a few days after launch)
- FIFA 14
- NBA 2K14

I'm not a big NBA guy or Call of Duty guy but I'm getting both of those as I'm sure they'll both be games that my friends will want to play. Plus 2K14 is really the one game that has the next-gen graphics wow factor. I probably would've got FIFA 14, but since that trailer for NBA came out, I decided to get that first.

I might still get FIFA, undecided right now.

Huh? Isn't Madden 25 coming out on the 12th? Or are you saying YOU are getting Madden a few day after launch?

Tsundere

Banned
So I'm hearing you can use these on your PS3 as long as they're plugged in. That's pretty neat.

Yea, I just tried it in Battlefield 3, and it works. But you have to bind all the controls since they're in some weird configuration by default in the game.

Angry Fork

Never understood people who had trouble with the sticks. You're supposed to put the tips of your thumbs on the sticks not your whole fingerprint area.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
the thumbsticks look bad :(

I wish I could somehow buy an xbox one controller and plug it into my ps4. The controller might be the biggest thing I miss when switching sides.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Never understood people who had trouble with the sticks. You're supposed to put the tips of your thumbs on the sticks not your whole fingerprint area.

They are Xbox gamers. I've never experienced this whole thumbs bumping into each other thing, I don't even know how that shit is possible, but I've been playing on the Dual Shock for well over a decade.

Tsundere

Banned

I wish I could somehow buy an xbox one controller and plug it into my ps4. The controller might be the biggest thing I miss when switching sides.

The thumbsticks are great. The subtle indent allows you to grip them and not slip in any direction.

TheCloser

Banned
I got my preordered controller from eb games today and it's amazing. My roommate described it as orgasmic. it just feels perfect. When you try it, you'll understand.

Stimpack

The Stanley Parable issue where he's constantly looking to the left is not a DS4 error. I had the same issue with my 360 controller when it was plugged in, even when I wasn't using it. We know he has his plugged in because it shows up as an option in X-COM. So take that for what you will.

Stimpack

Wait a minute.

You never saw a goat before? How can your brain even process it is anything other than goat? Sorry for the offtopic.

I thought the same thing. My mind can't even begin to see whatever it is he saw. It just looks like a goat to me.

GhaleonEB

Same. I'm pretty much settled on PS4, but the controller still makes me very nervous.

Top Bottom