• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

acrid

Banned
tumblr_nczq54qFrn1qf7xjao3_250.gif

Who is that beast of a woman suplexing Kong like that?! I'm getting a hernia just looking at it.

And the episode ends with Austin trying to jump off the balcony so he can do a run in while Bret celebrates in the ring. Its fucking hilarious.

It was hilarious. Steve Austin is no joke the best part of RAW, and I'm only two months into 1997. Aside from him we have

• Honky Tonk Man.In.1997
  • Taker's worst look (but it's Taker, so I can forgive him)
  • The Nation of Domination with Crush, Savio Vega, and two white guys who can't rap
  • goose shit green Rocky Maivia
  • Vader is bombing hard with Paul Bearer
  • Terrible Sycho Sid promos
  • Ahmed Johnson off Prozac (his exact words)

Steve Austin shitting on Bret is the best part of Raw

Mengetsu

Everything is super sharp and clear. I switched back to 1080p to compare the difference and it looks so blurry and the colors look faded compared to 4k. Playing Ryse on PC at 4k looks so damn amazing. I'd like to see what a WWE pc game would look like on high or ultra settings at 4k.
Wow! Yea I'll have to see it for myself one day sounds amazing.

Carnby

It was hilarious. Steve Austin is no joke the best part of RAW, and I'm only two months into 1997. Aside from him we have

• Honky Tonk Man.In.1997
  • Taker's worst look (but it's Taker, so I can forgive him)
  • The Nation of Domination with Crush, Savio Vega, and two white guys who can't rap
  • goose shit green Rocky Maivia
  • Vader is bombing hard with Paul Bearer
  • Terrible Sycho Sid promos
  • Ahmed Johnson off Prozac (his exact words)

Steve Austin shitting on Bret is the best part of Raw

And the finish of the match was funny too. Austin is on the balcony telling Vader to get Bret. Vader stops the vader bomb to say "no ill get you". Then Vader loses and Austin flips out.

I haven't seen this episode since it originally aired. I remember it well because it was so funny.

RAW after Final Four opens with Sid and Bret curtain jerking for the title until Steve Austin comes out because he ain't having that shit. Steve Austin chop blocks Sid or as Sid puts it 'MOTHERFUCKER BROKE MY DAMN LEG ASSHOLE' and goddammit they're replaying the "I lost my smile segment"

Instead of Sid/Bret we get Mero vs...oh

We are the Nation...of Domination
We are the nation a live and in color
Don't dis the man 'cause we'll bum rush your mother
Listen what I'm sayin'
It's for real not playin'
Faarooq is the man hit your knees and start prayin'
Power like the bear, but quick like the cat
Put 2 and 2 together
Put your face on the mat
You count the stars while the ref counts three
Hope you like to look at ceilings
'Cause that's all you're gonna see
He's harder than a rock
And he can't be stopped
You suckas step to the side 'less you wanna get dropped
Boys from the hood are on the M-I-C
Spittin' out the lyrics JC Ice and Wolfie D
Clarence Mason is the boss Crossin' Ts and dottin' Is
He tells the truth
The whole truth
He never tells a lie
Nation...of Domination

Oh wait Ahmed's back!

Carnby

Instead of Sid/Bret we get Mero vs...oh

We are the Nation...of Domination
We are the nation a live and in color
Don't dis the man 'cause we'll bum rush your mother
Listen what I'm sayin'
It's for real not playin'
Faarooq is the man hit your knees and start prayin'
Power like the bear, but quick like the cat
Put 2 and 2 together
Put your face on the mat
You count the stars while the ref counts three
Hope you like to look at ceilings
'Cause that's all you're gonna see
He's harder than a rock
And he can't be stopped
You suckas step to the side 'less you wanna get dropped
Boys from the hood are on the M-I-C
Spittin' out the lyrics JC Ice and Wolfie D
Clarence Mason is the boss Crossin' Ts and dottin' Is
He tells the truth
The whole truth
He never tells a lie
Nation...of Domination

Oh wait Ahmed's back!

I swear there Was a ps1 game that had the lyric version in the sound test menu.

Could've done without the yellow filter on the Lockdown footage. Loved the BDC getting a uniform look with the hats and tracksuits, not sure what to make of EY appearing to be in a turban. Holy crap - TNA has a lighting rig, a semi-big set, and a lot of people in the crowd THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE. This is how they should've debuted on DA - they look like a respectable and important company here. Roode-Aries was a nice idea in theory for the rankings, AND THEN they announced some goofy gauntlet thing to determine a top contender next week - so why have rankings if one match can undo the theoretical purpose of the rankings?

The Roode-Aries match was perfectly fine, but never really good out of first gear and it led to another EY beatdown on Roode to continue that feud, so you know Roode's not going right for a world title run despite this win and him being number 1 in the rankings. The Snow-Grado thing literally came out of nowhere. Al with a greying beard looks odd, but fits this character. They've got plenty of airtime and air more clips, so AIR A CLIP OF BRITISH BOOT CAMP BEFORE DOING AN ANGLE ON GLOBAL TV INVOLVING IT. All we know is that Al doesn't respect Grado, a fat tattooed guy whose mother slapped Al tonight. Bram-Steve was a fun little backdrop for the Bram-Magnus deal. The EC3 and Tyrus vs. Team Spud match was a thing. JB's dive looked awful and his landing was far from smooth, and Tyrus appears to have a large blue penis on the back of his singlet. Kong-Rayne wasn't much, but Kong still has "it". Kurt Angle was a complete and total dick to Austin Aries, who helped him last week fight an entire faction. Hardy-Revolution promo wasn't much, but I guess we'll get a Wolves and Hardy tag match against the heels soon. Main event was a match. Not the greatest show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/tna-impact-2-13-15.html

Screens -

Weird camera coloring

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/l97hpq651we2uvul9qa02hrx3ze7psaa

Huh, weird. I seem to remember the Rock claiming he came up with the name change from Rocky Maivia to "The Rock" but I can clearly hear Jim Ross calling him the Rock a bunch of times during his match.

Also, Lawler just took a fan sign and is shooting on ECW

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Late, but... That Finn Balor NXT takeover entrance was terrible. The face paint was cool, but it's like they injected Stardust goof into him.

Striker

That John Cena rivalries that aired on the Network - where was CM Punk? Edge? Shawn Michaels?
Who's on it? Without Edge it's terrible already.

Rock I imagine because *cena_raising_rocksarm.jpg*, then probably his long, boring feud with Orton.

Kacho

Late, but... That Finn Balor NXT takeover entrance was terrible. The face paint was cool, but it's like they injected Stardust goof into him.

I feel like if they would cut back or even eliminate the choreographed poses he does so much his entrance would be sooooo much better.

Batista, JBL, Orton, Triple H and The Rock. In that order.

WWE is all, "BUY THIS SHIT WE SELLING!"

what's with this dad rock listening ham and egger on the last page going on about how the pumpkins suck but that ten is the pinnacle of music~

pinnacle of showing up on classic rock stations maybe~

right up there with stro and his "hero of the day" playlist.

I'm shootin' on y'all and your music taste.

Uh, there's a segment on this RAW in 97 where Lawler gets a call from an "ECW representative" that clearly sounds like Heyman saying they'll meet in NYC

lol goddamn Austin stops the WWF title match TWICE and when Bret v Sid finally happens he whacks Bret with a chair for Sid to win and end Bret's one day reign

I saw the recent Sunny Skype pics ⊙▂⊙

And in another exclusive scoop, here's footage of wrasslegaf pariahs stro and freckle burying the hatchet and cutting the rug at a reddit meet-up

DAdTMWL.gif

Alucard

Banned
Finally getting around to watching Lucha Underground. Hot damn. The opener between Fenix and Argenis was hot fire. So much great stuff just in the first 10 minutes of the show.

Fenix driving Argenis into the mat.
FenixDriver.gif

Catrina's lick of death.
CatrinaLickArgenis.gif

Alberto El Patron...LIKE A BOSS.
ElPatron.gif

Top Bottom