• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target is doing B2G1 on PS4 launch games

Darknight

I wish we could have the same deals in Mexico.

Also, i am new here, hi!

Bienvenido/a amiga/amigo CentroAmericano/a GAF. Salidos :) Si yo pudiera, te ayudaria pero no se si voy a poder encontrar lo que quiero yo mismo aqui.

Anyways so is it confirmed NFS might be in stock room as of today or tuesday only?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks! So that's saying that while Killzone might not be displayed, if I ask for it, I can get it?
Yeah, but your mileage may vary. Some of the clerks are being dicks about it and sticking by what the ad says and refusing to check the back.

Wasn't interested in the B2G1 deal, but was able to get a Target in Cranberry, PA to sell me Killzone. Had to get it out of the back, but no issue checking out.

PrimeRib_

Do we know what games will be available when? The ad says first party and Friday and 3rd party on Tuesday, but on the site it's opposite. Like the ad says Battlefield on Tuesday, and Killzone on Friday, but the site says Killzone is already available, and Battlefield will be on Friday.

My guess is the print ad for the B2G1F deal was finalized 2 weeks back, before Sony basically removed the street date on 1st party games (Knack, Killzone). The YMMV explanation boils down to Target store managers and employees bothering to read the memo where it explains this. If the games aren't on display, some employees won't bother to head back to the store and search.

Thanks! So that's saying that while Killzone might not be displayed, if I ask for it, I can get it?

Yes, but it is unusual so don't be surprised if the store turns you down.

Not something that they usually have to do, and they can get in BIG trouble for breaking street dates on some items. So they err on the side of caution when they are unsure.

Seriously, are some stores just not giving out the 30% coupons? This is getting ridiculous

Dont check out in electronics, go to a main front register. Take 4 preorder cards with you, buy each on seperate transactions.

First time I did it, it printed on the first transaction. Second time I did it, it printed on the third transaction...

Went to the local target to get my 3 games for the B2G1. Pulled down Killzone, NBA 2k14 & Ghosts. Have no intent to keep Ghosts, I'll be swapping it out for Black Flag Tuesday.

Sadly, they didn't allow the 30% off to stack, so Tuesday I'll be heading to a different, larger Target about 20 minutes away to attempt the swap and get the 30% there.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Success at Van Nuys Target in LA.

Argued with me until I brought up email which was printed out, then went to the back for KZ and Knack

Shadownet

Banned
People in the South are just so much nicer. lol

I had to return 2 games that I bought a week earlier so I can get the money to get this deal. It was complicated cause I lost the receipt, it took like 30 mins for me to get out of Target.

But the employee and the manager, was so helpful. They called corporate, got the code for an exchange without receipt and got me the deal.

The manager is pretty young lol like mid 20. She was nice. If you live in Merrifeld, VA. Go to that target.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Dont check out in electronics, go to a main front register. Take 4 preorder cards with you, buy each on seperate transactions.

First time I did it, it printed on the first transaction. Second time I did it, it printed on the third transaction...

10 pre-order cards at the front register. . .no coupon.

If someone would take a photo of their coupon when they get it - we might have some negotiating room here.

SFenton

Haven't seen this on here, but Target is doing a BOGO on Xbox One games online.

Catch is, the only three eligible are COD, BF4, and Fighter Within. Hoping they add more but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon gave me a $30 credit because they aren't able to price match the Target offer. I dont' even have games preordered on my Amazon account, I just talked to them in chat

Amazon gave me a $30 credit because they aren't able to price match the Target offer. I dont' even have games preordered on my Amazon account, I just talked to them in chat

Fuck this company.

Testing my luck Tuesday and if nothing then looks like no three games for me. Thanks for nothing Tony!

So is there any proof i can show them for the 30% off coupon? just so that they don't think I'm crazy ringing up multiple pre order cards lol.

It will definitely take a manager override to use the coupon. Be confident, kind, and smile. I went 2 times today, once with my brother in law.

Got two different managers, both did it. The first was shocked, had to figure out how to do it...Second just said "Ring it up and Ill override it." She didnt care at all.

BTW, They had like 5 or 6 Knacks, when I went back the second time, we got the last one.

Knack blowing up lol. I cannot help to think this deal is going to be HUGE for the PS4 games attach rate....

drproton

I got my Knack and Killzone, thankfully.

Unfortunately the guy at the store wasn't so good at math and the additional 30% turned into an additional 15% applied to two different games. I didn't bother arguing with him because I was half expecting them to refuse combining my coupon with the b2g1 anyway. Plus I'm not sure how to say "percentages are not additive" without sounding like an ass.

But I'm happy I got any deal at all on brand new PS4 games, and I picked up Rayman Legends for Vita as my freebie.

Derrick01

Banned

I got a repeat "we're not matching this offer and have no plans as of right now to do an offer like this".

Jeels

HIDDEN:Hello HIDDEN, my name is HIDDEN.
I'm sorry to say that amazon.com is not offering the same deal available from Target, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk nor is it price matching.
We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

HIDDEN:In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case. I'll forward this information to our promotions and marketing department so that they look into it.

diggler41

Disappointed in Amazon. Just got of the chat and shot down any chance of the B2G1. Gave me a $5 credit which is nice but would honestly like the deal more.

Sorian

Banned
So is AC4 available at all today? Even if you are having to haggle with an employee to look through the back room and all that? I'd like KZ, Knack, and AC and I see people are getting the first two but not seeing much on the last one.

I'm sorry to say that amazon.com is not offering the same deal available from Target, amazon.de and amazon.co.uk nor is it price matching.
We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

got that too, lol.

wait, amazon.co.uk is doing the offer?

Haha

I saw people were getting credit for asking Amazon about matching the deal, so I figured I would try.

Then they said they'd match the deal for me and I was so taken aback I said I hadn't picked my games yet and left.

rjinaz

Disappointed in Amazon. Just got of the chat and shot down any chance of the B2G1. Gave me a $5 credit which is nice but would honestly like the deal more.

I just tried my luck and I didn't even get that. Ah well, worth a try I suppose.

Edit: My rep said she didn't see that promotion and to keep an eye out on their page for possible promotions but that could have meant just in general.

diggler41

I just tried my luck and I didn't even get that. Ah well, worth a try I suppose.

I was just really polite, told them my disdain for Target and asked nicely if they would match the offer because I prefer Amazon over Target. No clue how Wario got so much. lol

Haha

I saw people were getting credit for asking Amazon about matching the deal, so I figured I would try.

Then they said they'd match the deal for me and I was so taken aback I said I hadn't picked my games yet and left.

i was gonna try the same but figured something like this would happen. i guess if you want the deal you gotta have your mind set on getting the credit :p

The thing I hate about these deals is you end up spending more money and end up with the games you didn't really want because you feel like you're missing out on a great deal. Must control my impulse buying!

Top Bottom