• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
GG guys. Wish I had my headset - comes tomorrow. As you can tell, I am a bit of a noob :) Those were my first meltdown games.

-TigerHeli

I'm hating the "network problems thing. It boots me every time...and the worst part is, it does it right before the game ends. It's happened ever match I played so far. :(

Two things:

1. Blowing up cars is fun, it's the cool thing to do, and damn it, it's the right thing to do. Unless your teammate happens to stand next to the car as it blows up.

2. If you have the flag but you just can't seem to get that capture score no matter how long you hang out in what you assume is the home base, and a teammate keeps punching you in the face while jumping up and down all around you, there is a good chance said teammate is trying to tell you something.

To be clear, this isn't directed towards anyone here, just random bitching based on annoying situations over the past few days.

WTF is going on.
Im using a Motorolla H350 bluetooth headset and it works perfectly in-game for about 5 seconds and then people can no longer hear a damn thing I say. I can hear everyone else fine but no one can hear me you guys ever run into this?

Wollan

Are you guys talking about the scheduled meet up? Sounds like it went okay. The next ones (discounting whatever you come up with outside of the 'plan') should be on Saturday and Sunday at 7pm PST.

So Tuesdays 8pm PST.
Saturdays 7pm PST.
Sundays 7pm PST.

Forever and ever and ever...

I'll join in March. *tear

JB1981

BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF is going on.
Im using a Motorolla H350 bluetooth headset and it works perfectly in-game for about 5 seconds and then people can no longer hear a damn thing I say. I can hear everyone else fine but no one can hear me you guys ever run into this?

Happens to me a lot. I have to restart my headset constantly.

Hey guys I found this posted on the myresistance.net site ill try some of his suggestions when i get home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I got IT, after doing some research and based on my personal experience where I changed from a ps2 20 (ethernet cable conected) to a 60 gb with 802.11./bg (the only variable that changed here was the ps3 - and to be more specific i went from wired to wireless). I also read about sony and issues between using both Bluetooth and 802.11.b/g (wifi) Ther do interfere with each other as the band is narrow ( 5.4 ghz) within these bands are seperate channels. Different routers are setup default on different channels (you can also edit this from the router menu (type 192.168.1.1 for lynksis default username is blank default password is "admin" from the mail page you should be able to select different chanel freq withi 5.4ghz). So that explains why some people are having problems and other have not using the same headsets (the changing variable in this case is the router and or other wireless devices in the home (if you live in an apartment you can have all sorts of crappy signals running though you house)

Another observation that supports this is when people push the call button on thier headset and the game freezes, they think they see a battery low symbol, but it is the lost connection symbol (direct evidence that the bluetooth on the headset has interfered with the wifi on you ps3)

I pretty much guarantee that all the people with headset problems are using wireless or have some sort of wireless device in the house that is interfering with the headset.

So solutions to the problem

-change the channel on your router
-dont use wireless, go ethernet (extreme but effective)
-try different headsets (they will have different frequecies-channels slightly different (diff brands) till you find one that doesn interfere
-move out into the a dead zone with no electrostatic frequencies!
-Dont beat up you mic and throw it on the floor!
-Trying to think if there is a way to adjust the wifi on the ps3

Anyways this is what i have gathered hope it helps, post and let me know what you guys find

--CKmost (user ID) message me in the game if you want to play

LJ11

I've played about an hour into the game. I really like it thus far. Found the game a bit challenging because of the health meter. Now that I've adjusted everything is smooth, but I find the game a little easy (I'm playing on Normal). Should I change the difficulty to hard, or does the game ramp up in later levels? I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying this game. Full review when I finish the game.

Dante

LJ11 said:
I've played about an hour into the game. I really like it thus far. Found the game a bit challenging because of the health meter. Now that I've adjusted everything is smooth, but I find the game a little easy (I'm playing on Normal). Should I change the difficulty to hard, or does the game ramp up in later levels? I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying this game. Full review when I finish the game.

Been said a thousand time, but it gets better and better :)

LJ11

Dante said:
Been said a thousand time, but it gets better and better :)

It's good already. I just want to know if it gets harder on normal difficulty, or should I just ramp up to hard from the start. My experience with other games is to play on Hard first, but I'm just looking for some feedback on how difficult Resistance is on Normal difficulty.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LJ11 said:
It's good already. I just want to know if it gets harder on normal difficulty, or should I just ramp up to hard from the start. My experience with other games is to play on Hard first, but I'm just looking for some feedback on how difficult Resistance is on Normal difficulty.

The thing is Hard is uhm harder than Normal and Normal is uhm harder than Easy, BUT, when you are on your second playthrough you get some very helpful new weapons along the road which make things a tad bit easier. So, if you complete the game on Easy, skip Normal and jump to Hard for your second playthrough. In your case, I'd go for Superhuman right after completition on Normal.

Anyway, yep, game gets pretty tough down the road. Your first visit to London wont be a walk in the park...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just to update you guys:

The game stats backlog has been cleared as of January 10. We are also working to ensure that similar backlogs don't occur again. Thank you again for your patience.

We will have more good news to report soon. Keep an eye on this space.

Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

jstevenson said:
Just to update you guys:

The game stats backlog has been cleared as of January 10. We are also working to ensure that similar backlogs don't occur again. Thank you again for your patience.

We will have more good news to report soon. Keep an eye on this space.

Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

My stats still do not update. It hasn't updated for 3+ weeks now. Nor have I gotten my backlog updated either.

LJ11 said:

Play Hard first, then Superhuman. Trust me.

ROFL

Hail Britannia
AltogetherAndrews said:
Now what good do you think could come out of including that other review? This thread is doing quite well without the usual system war stuff.

I'm not a 'system' person at all, actually. I'm a 'grossly unjust review' person.

It's just nice, for once, for a change, to finally see a bit of justice done. It's the first day in a while I don't feel like killing someone.

Cheers!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
GG's

I finally got my headset/mic today, so tonight was my last night without a mic.

Now, if only I knew how to set it up to work with the ps3 :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey Crackerman,

Are your stats updated on MyResistance? We have a slight caching issue that will be fixed in the restart during the normal maintenance cycle which should get that.

If they aren't updated on MyRes... well, drop me a line.

JS

jstevenson said:
Hey Crackerman,

Are your stats updated on MyResistance? We have a slight caching issue that will be fixed in the restart during the normal maintenance cycle which should get that.

JS

Is there any chance you could explain in detail how the experience system works?

commish said:
GG's

I finally got my headset/mic today, so tonight was my last night without a mic.

Now, if only I knew how to set it up to work with the ps3 :)

Do not EVER turn the mic on in the middle of a game. In fact, I'd always have it on before you even boot up Resistance. You will suffer pretty bad latency, especially in the controls (will barely move at all then zoom all the way to the direct you were trying in vain to move to before, other annoying things).

Good games tonight. So, I was thinking about getting a blue tooth headset, but do they all have that problem where they stop working after a little while? My PS2 set works fine, but it's uncomfortable.

Busty

Banned
Does anyone have a rough idea (seeing as we can't ask for NPD numbers anymore) of how successful Resistance has been?

Though I still haven't played the game yet (living in Europe) I'm really interested in it. In fact, out of all the first party launch games, this is the game I'd like to see make it as a franchise.

I know that they've already talked about Resistance as a trilogy so it looks like they feel the same way.

Does anyone else think that Resistance could get a Killzone:Liberation-esque spin off on the PSP? I'm really enjoying KZ:Liberation and think that a possible Resistance prequel could tide everyone over until the sequel?

krypt0nian said:
Or "That is all." - teh newt hotnezz

Here and now I claim to have pioneered the useage of "That is all" at the end of posts.......

EDIT - That is all.

*adjusts tie*

Safe Bet said:
..is it just me or does anyone else think the game is pretty well balanced since the patch/update?

Definitely. Giving the humans a free nade at spawn was a thoughtful little tweak that's gone a long way. Overall weapon balance is just about spot on now I think. The flamethrower becoming such a monster helped balance out some of the Chimera's close quarters advantages as well. I'm still kinda iffy about Chimera having such a solid leg up in any circle strafe, but for a relatively asymmetrical balancing act they've done a pretty damn good job at making both sides equally competitive.

jstevenson said:
Hey Crackerman,

JS

Yeah, it looks like MyRes. stats are updated, but still not in-game. Hopefully the in-game stats will be changed soon. Thanks for answering my post.

Busty said:
Does anyone have a rough idea (seeing as we can't ask for NPD numbers anymore) of how successful Resistance has been?

No clue but the tie ratio apparently shot up a good deal after the Holidays (post ebay blues?). I know the online population exploded sometime after Christmas. All of a sudden the number of custom games in play seemed to quadruple, there's almost too many to browse now. Before you'd have trouble finding a ranked team game with more than 10 people, now you get 40 players easy.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Definitely. Giving the humans a free nade at spawn was a thoughtful little tweak that's gone a long way. Overall weapon balance is just about spot on now I think. The flamethrower becoming such a monster helped balance out some of the Chimera's close quarters advantages as well. I'm still kinda iffy about Chimera having such a solid leg up in any circle strafe, but for a relatively asymmetrical balancing act they've done a pretty damn good job at making both sides equally competitive.

It is more balanced (other than LAARK), but in doing so, they made the Carbine and Bullseye a bit too weak. I know that's to help newbies/bad aimers out and to also make people use other weapons more, but having to shoot someone 20 times with both weapons (15 for headshots) to kill them is just ridiculous. I used to be able to kill fast and easy with Carbine/Bullseye due to good aiming, but after patch, it's been much, much harder.

M3Freak

Banned
Crackerman16 said:
Yeah, it looks like MyRes. stats are updated, but still not in-game. Hopefully the in-game stats will be changed soon. Thanks for answering my post.

I have the same problem. Haven't played many games, but still...

So, did we ever figure out who the mouthbreather was?

And does anyone else feel like a total sudhead when trying to team talk or just chat into a mic with people around? My wife has seemingly made a point of making me feel even dorkier by responding to my chatter, knowing fully well that I'm not talking to her. Between the wife and the damned kid, I really need to invest in a gaming bunker or something.

JB1981

AltogetherAndrews said:
So, did we ever figure out who the mouthbreather was?

And does anyone else feel like a total sudhead when trying to team talk or just chat into a mic with people around? My wife has seemingly made a point of making me feel even dorkier by responding to my chatter, knowing fully well that I'm not talking to her. Between the wife and the damned kid, I really need to invest in a gaming bunker or something.

:lol

They'll get used to it. My family used to do the same thing to me when I first got on Xbox Live.

Hey JSTEVENSON
Could you do me a huge favor and let me know if the issues people are having with their bluetooth headsets are software or hardware related.

Also me and a couple of my friends have started playing before work 5 AM BABY!!!
If any of you want to jump on let me know.

CFD_BruceLeeRoy

Top Bottom