• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancmc

So maybe Microsoft and Sony should realize that if customers are *that* desperate to save $5-10 bucks, then games need to be cheaper.

Agree completely, it would be great to have some price flexibility in this industry driven the platform holders

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I can't believe I just used twitter for the first time and I don't even know if I used it correctly. But I did something god damn it.

You see what you've done to me MS? You see what you've done?! Years of avoiding it and I've now become one of "those guys". You motherfuckers. :(

Oh well. At least now I'll be able to see tweets I couldn't view unless I had an account. That was always really annoying.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So maybe Microsoft and Sony should realize that if customers are *that* desperate to save $5-10 bucks, then games need to be cheaper.

The publishers setting up their own mail in buyback program would probably cost far less than MS's proposed account activation set up.

Sony really gains nothing from NOT blocking used games. If they don't block used games while Microsoft does, guess who has the support of Publishers? Microsoft.

Publishers go where the money is, if Microsoft does it and Sony doesn't, most people will choose PS4 and that's where the money will be. If they both do it, they all stand to loose, because many will not buy. They are both better off just dropping it.

As long as I can get all my games digital. If my friend wants to play them. He can just sign on to my account and play it just like I do with Steam

I dont speak for my friends. They speak for themselves

Whats your best explanation for it?

I never buy used as I purchase all my games digitally.

they have security codes that are completly legal.

Thanks for seeing it. A lot of people are not looking at the bigger picture. When one company in the same market takes a stance on a policy it also forces moves on the other side.

Whats your solution to a physical/digital media crossover? I think the best thing to do is eliminate the one giving the problem.

The solution is get rid of physical based media so no one can copy data to another system. Its perfectly simple

GTFO this thread with that thinly veiled corporate shilling. This thread is specifically to promote the Twitter initiative. Stop shitting on the thread already.

Poor Yoshida's twitter lol

We are either going to self-fulfill Sony's good-guy image if they never planned to have DRM and they announce it so, or we are going to make them look even worse if after all this they still put in DRM.

Pennywise

That's exactly the way the movie industry is running these days.
Why should anyone even bother getting a used movie, if they cost about 10€ (sorry I'm not so familiar with the US market on Blu-Rays).

farisr

Poor Yoshida's twitter lol

We are either going to self-fulfill Sony's good-guy image if they never planned to have DRM and they announce it so, or we are going to make them look even worse if after all this they still put in DRM.

LOL, I know.

620+ tweets on the matter and counting.

May end up making my first video with my voice actually in it informing (the 150 people who decided to subscribe to me for some strange reason, LOL) plus whoever comes across the video) about the matter and possibly get them to join in.

dancmc

Publishers go where the money is, if Microsoft does it and Sony doesn't, most people will choose PS4 and that's where the money will be. If they both do it, they all stand to loose, because many will not buy. They are both better off just dropping it.

I think you over estimate whether the masses will care.

Minions

Agreed. However if the past is to be used as a reference.... prices never drop to the points they do "new" on retail digitally. When is the last time PSN or Live had retails games for $10-15/ea? Very few ever reached that price level. I've bought the majority of my games for $10-20 brand new from places like Target, Best Buy, Newegg etc.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't believe I just used twitter for the first time and I don't even know if I used it correctly. But I did something god damn it.

You see what you've done to me MS? You see what you've done?! Years of avoiding it and I've now become one of "those guys". You motherfuckers. :(

Oh well. At least now I'll be able to see tweets I couldn't view unless I had an account. That was always really annoying.

lol... same boat here.

JABEE

Fair, but right now the only company making money on this transaction are the retailers, and consumers only save like 5-10 bucks.

Retailers connect customers Used Games with customers. Consumers get money or credit for their games. GameStop is an intermediary that takes on the costs of purchasing games from walk-in customers in an attempt on aggregate to make money. Some games may lose them money, some may have huge margins, but they provide that service.

As someone who despises a lot of GameStop's techniques, I can't throw everyone out because GameStop charges too much, but I don't think that is Microsoft or Sony's business to control.

This is not only about protecting customer's rights to sell their games to GameStop, but also to maintain the utility of the physical products we purchase. So that we don't set a precedent that allows companies to continue to control how we use the content we physically own. I should be able to have the choice to lend my game to a friend or sell my games without having to ask Sony or Microsoft permission to. I shouldn't have to be at the mercy of their economic stranglehold on the used games market.

Nope not for this.

I made a Joke J Allard thread. You can see that one for yourself. BOOM Baby. Ill be back in a few months.
Hey man, please stop derailing the thread. We are making an effort here and a lot of posters are just fighting with you.
Wait until you're a full member in a few months and then make a thread or something.

Boke1879

Yea this isn't the time for thread derailment. We just need to keep this effort up and focus on how we can expand the message and help make it reach a broader audience.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Learn to read people. Amazing. I use my Steam account at a friends house and its completely legal.

"He can just sign on to my account and play it just like I do with Steam"

I'm not going comment on the morality of this but account sharing is supposed to be prohibited.

Personally, I'm protective of my 100 or so game Steam account and wouldn't want anyone knowing my account info anyway.

JABEE

Yep. Instead of playing fairly and pricing Used Games out of existence by offering competitive pricing and service to consumers, they are pretty much abusing their consumer's rights to the property they own to extort places like GameStop into starting a revenue sharing system.

One approach helps consumers and eliminates Used Games. The other system props up gamers and strips them of their rights as a ploy to run used game sellers out of business.

lantus

I'm loving some of these posts in the fake console wars ads.

ps4wedo.png

Fitting.
Pepridge farm remembers

3st9c7-85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom