• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 pre-show photos (banners, show floor, etc.)

spekkeh

Banned
vwyd.jpg

OMG Steam dead confirmed. Megaton.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As a Nintendo fan I feel being left out from the hype. Everything is just about Sony and MS but not about Nintendo, since my Pre-E3 thread closed. There's barely any hype here about Nintendo.. that's sad because pre-E3 hype is regulary better than the actual E3.

Well, the best part of E3 is always the press conferences, and Nintendo doesn't do them anymore, so it's harder to get hyped for them. I'll watch the Direct, of course, but it's just not the same.

Well, the best part of E3 is always the press conferences, and Nintendo doesn't do them anymore, so it's harder to get hyped for them. I'll watch the Direct, of course, but it's just not the same.

Yes, I agree with you. After I heard they are not doing a Press conference my hype went to to 10% even though the video was amazing. It's just not the same, the whole atmosphere is missing. We have to wait how they handle this, it's not a Direct so everything is possible.

Nintendo directs feel a lot like a major conference with the difference being they use a blue screen and set it up so it's youtube friendly, they are still great and I enjoy them just as much.

Man, i can't believe i'm even more excited than last year!

Ninja-Turtle-Michelangelo-Way-Too-Excited-Gif.gif

Last year was rather terrible IMO, yes there was new consoles but since it takes longer then ever to produce good games and the power difference between generations is visually smaller it was nothing special to me, this year will be a lot better with actual games being shown for next gen!

It's the most wonderful time to be on Gaf of the year! I'm only a little sad because it also marks the beginning of the yearly junior purge. Don't be a statistic guys!!

Philippo

Last year was rather terrible IMO, yes there was new consoles but since it takes longer then ever to produce good games and the power difference between generations is visually smaller it was nothing special to me, this year will be a lot better with actual games being shown for next gen!

Yeah i was talking about pre-conference hype, last year i got excited only because it was the first one for next gen. I wasstill satisfied, but this year's on a whole other level.

R_Deckard

774.gif

This is either going to blow us away with the best E3 ever...or have nothing to show as all the leaks prior have killed any surprise!.

Who am I kidding Megatons incoming!!!

Hellshy.

I wonder if Microsoft will have a better slogan this year. Cause the one from last year was just bad.

Whoever came up with that nonsense should be fired. Scratch that, they should have never been hired in the first place. That has to be the worst slogan ever and probably looks even more dumb when there are greatness awaits banners all around it.

GxIzBPO.png

I think I'm onto something here if you look at the shapes. Maybe someone with those shapes has something or naah I dunno.

o_o.... x? .... Monolith's X!!!

and a triangle (3), square (4), and a circle (0) = 3 months and 40 days till release date!!!

Jamie OD

I assume there are multi year contracts. The same publishers always get the same advertising spaces...

Sony gets the North tower. EA gets the South tower. Bethesda gets the stickers on the entrance doors. Ubisoft gets the giant wall on the exterior between the halls, Warner Brothers gets the hanging banners from the interior hallway between the halls, Microsoft gets the bathrooms (no lie), etc...

Nintendo gets the stairway, I think. Or they used to. You know the one I'm talking about.

Edit: I got it wrong, Square-Enix has the stairs. Final Fantasy and Hitman had ads placed there in the past.

Top Bottom