• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

hermit7

You get all the extra from a stone. So if you have 100 stam left and you stone and get 200 then you're at 300. With 100 overflow.

If you rank up then with 50 left overflowing then the extra is removed and you are reset to your standard stamina say 201 with the rank up.

Does that make sense? My explanations are sometimes hard to grasp.

^ Yes that's how it works... I'm pretty sure when you stone it just refills your stamina and adds how much was remaining as "reserve", which doesn't get replenished upon rank-up.

So: you have 50/300 stamina left and you stone, you'll get a full bar of 300 + 50 in "reserve". If you rank up after one dungeon, it just resets your stamina bar to max regardless of stamina used (even if you still have overflow stamina).

If you're at 0/300 and you stone, it will simply refill your entire stamina bar with no additional reserve. Then when you play a dungeon for 25 and rank up, it will just refill your bar again (going from 275/300 to 300/300).

I'm pretty sure that when you rank up the game just sets your stamina bar to max, and ignores everything else. This is why stoning when near a rank-up is not a good idea, because you'll "waste" a nearly full bar when you next rank up.

jiggle

You get all the extra from a stone. So if you have 100 stam left and you stone and get 200 then you're at 300. With 100 overflow.

If you rank up then with 50 left overflowing then the extra is removed and you í reset to your standard stamina say 201 with the rank up.

If you're at 0/300 and you stone, it will simply refill your entire stamina bar with no additional reserve. Then when you play a dungeon for 25 and rank up, it will just refill your bar again (going from 275/300 to 300/300).

I'm pretty sure that when you rank up the game just sets your stamina bar to max, and ignores everything else. This is why stoning when near a rank-up is not a good idea, because you'll "waste" a nearly full bar when you next rank up.

Thanks for the explanations!
Wow that doesn't sound as good as I thought
Great way to farm low XP dungeons
But no so good with high XP rogue dungeon
Too bad :(

Thanks for the explanations!
Wow that doesn't sound as good as I thought
Great way to farm low XP dungeons
But no so good with high XP rogue dungeon
Too bad :(
If you are planning a big farm session on moderate to high xp stuff that will include stoning for refills and/or chain rank ups, it's best to plan out your stamina use so you don't waste it. When my alt account was lower rank it would rank up all the time when I cooped and I had to get into a rhythm of cooping until rank up was close and then dump the rest of the stam in something worth while, like daily metals or something only my alt needed.

Knowing what dungeons have boosted xp (half stam is effectively 2x xp for double the time investment) and using Padx to get the amounts will also help in cases where you need a rank up to keep going but the main thing you are farming won't do it. I've had to switch to doing a couple runs of KoG to get a rank on my main to avoid stoning.

divusrex

DAMN IT GUNGHO, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PUT ME INTO BANKRUPTCY

And yes people, it's real...I might have to step out of IAP retirement this one time

Is there a good breakdown of the Monster Hunter REM? I never looked it up since we weren't getting it.

It's like the pre-uvo Heroine REM in terms of quality and stone cost. Diablos X is the best by a county mile and predictably is the rarest to pull

More important are the male/female hunters, Mizu X basically forms the basis of a completely farmable Kushinada-tier leader (in co-op).

How the collab works: you get a male hunter in the mail at the start of the collab, and a female hunter after you beat one of the floors of the dungeon (I forgot which). In addition to dropping the usual REM skillup fodder, monsters also drop evo material that let you "craft" armors for the hunters. All of the hunters uvos require 4x common evo fodder as well as one rare one.

There's a 3P version of the collab that ONLY drops rare evo mats, and is approximately at Legend+/Mythical+ in difficulty.

Bladelaw

It's like the pre-uvo Heroine REM in terms of quality and stone cost. Diablos X is the best by a county mile and predictably is the rarest to pull

More important are the male/female hunters, Mizu X basically forms the basis of a completely farmable Kushinada-tier leader (in co-op).

How the collab works: you get a male hunter in the mail at the start of the collab, and a female hunter after you beat one of the floors of the dungeon (I forgot which). In addition to dropping the usual REM skillup fodder, monsters also drop evo material that let you "craft" armors for the hunters. All of the hunters uvos require 4x common evo fodder as well as one rare one.

There's a 3P version of the collab that ONLY drops rare evo mats, and is approximately at Legend+/Mythical+ in difficulty.
I didn't do much on JP when this happened, are the other male/female hunter armors worth building?

jiggle

Exciting
I'm gonna save all my stones for the no silver gala+godfest
But even the free male+female hunters are pretty amazing already

Quantum

let it die.

makes sense - they said woo.

edit:

/rant on!

I'm really doing my best not to unload on this game, recently it has been pissing me off to no end.

I'm all salty this weekend about the awakening materials selection dungeon.

Its like gungho realizes that the vast majority of players are turned off by the complicated awakening needs and mats and they are spending less - so they create a dungeon that basically gives you the awakening mats.

why am I salty? why do they just select certain awakenings - Ive been waiting over a month for certain mats and they are just not rotating in - fucking annoying as hell.

combine this with basically nothing new to do I am barely logging in as of late which totally pisses me off because I do like playing but feel like this company could give a shit about the US server even after saying they have to think globally.

/rant off!

Bladelaw

Having Azathoth as a rare spawn is a pain in the ass. I can with about 70% consistency clear cosmic trinity with my alt. Cthulu is an instant quit now that I have one, Nyarlathotep dies in one hit, but damn it Azathoth refuses to spawn.

My alt is a pure cheesy utility team.
Grodin Tamazo (Hathor)
Viz Asgard
Awoken Isis (Force)
DKali (Sheen)
Zeus Dios
Friend Odin Dragon (Revo Hades)

Main is
Anubis (Dark Uruka)
Diaochan (Revo Venus <--Stat stick)
Diaochan (Light Cecil <--Stat stick)
Revo Indra (Indra)
DK Cecil (Dathena)
Anubis (Sheena)

Strategy is pretty simple, floor 1/2 stall up all inherits as best as you can, kill if you need to. Hathor and Hades are for the 75% resolves If you have a better inheritable gravity, use it to clear things with 50% resolve (cough Cthulu). Most floors you can just annihilate with anubis. Put up Viz Asgard's shield going into floor 6 to save you from Goemon. Dathena and Force are for any dangerous delayable floors. Uruka is for Hanuman since it won't be up in time for Sopdet. On that note if you pull Hanuman and have sheen and uruka available I recommend you use it cause stalling 99 turns in (2p)3p is BALLS. I got a bad Uruka board and didn't want to pop Sheena to fix it, 99 turns later....

Vs the trinity
Cthulhu: Shield, chip into range where gravity can clear resolve then Grav-->Grav-->Sheen-->pass-->sheena-->kill

Nyarlathotep: Grav-->Grav-->Sheen-->pass-->sheena-->kill no stalling necessary

Azathoth: You can chip it down but it's risky, I'd recommend stalling him out (yes all 999 turns...) at over 70% HP he can't kill either team, diaochan keeps the board unlocked and you can keep matching to reveal heals. If you don't mind stoning though go nuts.

So far I have the 2 Cthulu and Nyars I want, still looking for Azathoth.

Zombine

Banned
So I acquired another 300k mp, and I'm wondering if I should still pull Ra Dragon? I have and use my DA team for everything so I don't know if I should wait or go for the purchase?

J0dy77

Think my time with PAD has finally run its course its been a fun 1700 days. I missed a log in day for the first time probably ever and just don't have the desire to play anymore. When I saw the descended challenge pop up a few weeks ago I just rolled my eyes. The game has grown extremely stale for me with very little to do. I miss the days when we got new descended dungeons that were fun and challenging on a consistent basis. Now we play the same dungeons over and over and the high end content is 20 floors where 19 are a cake walk and then one floor where you can be one shot on almost every turn. Just my opinon but the game needs an overhaul, bring back more stall teams with less kill or be killed mechanics... make us plan and think again. I know MP has been the focus for gungho for awhile but without matchmaking, I'll never put in the effort to play it consistently.

I'll continue to log in, collect stones and check the thread but I've shifted my mobile time to other games that are a change of pace for now.

Bladelaw

Free Pulls:
Main: Snow White
Alt: Snow White
Wife: Snow White

yeah that sounds about right.

Think my time with PAD has finally run its course its been a fun 1700 days. I missed a log in day for the first time probably ever and just don't have the desire to play anymore. When I saw the descended challenge pop up a few weeks ago I just rolled my eyes. The game has grown extremely stale for me with very little to do. I miss the days when we got new descended dungeons that were fun and challenging on a consistent basis. Now we play the same dungeons over and over and the high end content is 20 floors where 19 are a cake walk and then one floor where you can be one shot on almost every turn. Just my opinon but the game needs an overhaul, bring back more stall teams with less kill or be killed mechanics... make us plan and think again. I know MP has been the focus for gungho for awhile but without matchmaking, I'll never put in the effort to play it consistently.

I'll continue to log in, collect stones and check the thread but I've shifted my mobile time to other games that are a change of pace for now.

Sorry to hear that but I totally get where you're coming from. I'm not a big fan of "Do X or DIE!" either. If you're interested though 3p does have matchmaking.

W-00

Complete junk on both my main and my alt (Theugia and Sleeping Beauty, respectively).

You know, GungHo, you have to occasionally let me roll new good cards if you want to keep my attention.

b33r

Free Pulls:
Main: Snow White
Alt: Snow White
Wife: Snow White

yeah that sounds about right.

Sorry to hear that but I totally get where you're coming from. I'm not a big fan of "Do X or DIE!" either. If you're interested though 3p does have matchmaking.

Haha yep, I got snow White as well.

Kwhit10

Free pull was snow white too this morning.

Pulled again at lunch got theurgia, Athena, theurgia.

For the Athena split ult are the differences only with glasses or not?

Jagernaut

Snow White as well for the free pull. Would be fine if she was inheritable. They should make all collab REM rolls inheritable even if they are 4 stars.

Edit. It was actually Sleeping Beauty not Snow White.

Bladelaw

Snow White as well for the free pull. Would be fine if she was inheritable. They should make all collab REM rolls inheritable even if they are 4 stars.

yeah that would boost values for almost every collab 4*. The Christmas healer girls would be OP as hell though. Granted Dathena is inheritable and 11 turns for a 3 turn delay + enhance so may be not too OP? I mean the least they could do if they wanted to keep the restriction in place but add value to specific 4*'s is give them Evos with a stat bump to make it clear they're more likely to be inherit fodder than actual teammates.

Bladelaw

Cleared this set of challenges in a clean sweep. I'm waffling on burning stam to clear all the "awoken x" dungeons for the stone. I've kind of been doing them one at a time when I was just looking to kill a minute or so or I was about to rank up with too much stam. I still need a bunch and I'm not sure if I'll have time before they go away.

I gave the hunters another look just to see if I missed anything. Nope. Blue male and dark female hunters are definitely the way to go. I'll probably go full heroine on the MH collab at least till I pull Ama or Diablos. It'll be nice to have a Yomidragon like monster on my alt for quick co-op runs.

I know I'm going to get a bunch of junk so I'm looking for silver linings and I think I can find a home for everything.

This is making it easier to resist pulling in this and the bride collab.

b33r

I'm in the same boat with the awoken dungeons, plinking them here and there, but not sure if I'll get them all done.

I almost had a clean run of the descended challenge but lost once due to some skyfall on Khepri. And extra dark match and 2 other random colors. Would of still been ok if that wouldn't have made it a 7 combo. My two Haku's got her to rage zone.

I'm saving stones for monster Hunter, but won't be spending money.

Top Bottom