• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

beast786

HAS TO BE Mr.Logan

Geoff and other have denied all usual but not Syphon filter. Eve though more people were predicting syphon filter than motorstorm 3.

iceatcs

So we've been calling for one of these usually 5 titles, and Geoff cross off 3 and JR cross off 1, So it can't be give that easy hint which it is SF.

It must be something we didn't mention it much.

Mindlog

Show me Colony Wars.

/stares up at the big board

Seriously, I want a new Colony Wars.

Stike said:
My vote is on a "lost" PS1 franchise.

Like Colony Wars.

Get out of my head you witch!

Sony should just floodgate this motherfucker. Every day until GDC, release a new title name, or a scrap of information.

Sorta the exact opposite of what they have done in the past where they show stuff at a show, and then in the days that follow, they drop some hype bombs.

Cerberus

Loudninja said:
Who say they are?

Never mind. Was briefly skimming through the last few pages to catch up and thought that Dutch twitter account belonged to someone from SCEE.

Syphon Filter! Hype hype hype!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cerberus said:
If this is Syphon Filter, why is SCEE making the announcement?

It's not like SCEE is getting the exclusive dibs on handing out this announcement :lol

All that happened is a SCE Benelux guy said on this twitter than Sony would be announcing a game today at 8pm GMT.

This does not mean that:

1) SCEE is announcing the game exclusively

2) That it's a SCEE game

It just means that a guy at SCE Benelux has teased an upcoming Sony announcement. The different media folk at SCE would know about this game, he just happened to be the one to tease it.

"We thought it was MS3 here at the tilt, but since have been shown new footage of Starhawk and we are about 80% positive it's Starhawk now. The MS3 trailer will be shown off at GDC next week. It looks amazing, by the way.

As for Starhawk, what we've seen, Starwars has little on it. It looks intense and epic."

[...]

"It looks better than Warhawk. Things are more streamline now. The characters are more scaled. Much thinner and lankier. The textures have improved a great deal. A tad under Uncharted 2's maybe... Somewhere in between.

The trailer we've seen has a central planet where a battle is taking place, a black ship with red boosters lifts off and jumps into space, one movement and animation, and engauges in a dogfight with a massive fleet of other ships. Way more than 32, believe me. More like 100, but don't quote me on the exaxt number.

One ship lands on the deck of a larger battleship thing and a guy jumps out. He has a laser rifle. He shoots out a node on the side of the ship. Ship starts rocking. At this time a massive amount of other ships storm the larger battle ship and start hitting it in sweeps. Guy jumps off the ship's landing and rocket boost away as the ship explodes.

Trailer ends.

It looks intense. Massive battles here. Massive."

Hey...I don't wanna get anybody's hype level up too high, but couldn't something like that easily describe something else that's a sony franchise...but one from a Sony Europe studio?

???

???

???

Colony Wars?

Edit: Damn...someone beated me toooo it!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Pistolero said:
The announcement being made by SCEE kind of eliminates Syphon Filter ! What are we left with ? Medievil ?

You don't think SCEE media people pass out announcements about games from SCEA? Or SCEJ for that matter?

Xater

Pristine_Condition said:
Hey...I don't wanna get anybody's hype level up too high, but couldn't something like that easily describe something else that's a sony franchise...but one from a Sony Europe studio?

???

???

???

Colony Wars?

It could also just be bullshit.

Y2Kev said:
I think it has to be either....

SF
LBP2

or a psn game.

I dont think it would be a great idea to release Little Big Planet 2, they'd better improve the game and give more tools to the player. It would be a shame to waste all those user created content.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Baki said:
You give Sony too much credit. :lol

Local SCE media reps would have been briefed for an announcement like this, given the press releases etc. to put out at the requisite time.

That the Benelux guy teased this doesn't say anything about where the game's developer is located, geographically.

I think the GTTV connection is far more telling...it's SCEA that usually puts stuff on there. So I think it's a SCEA dev...

Afrikan

Pristine_Condition said:
Colony Wars?

if only this were true... *sheds tear*

but seriously it seems it might be Ghosthunter 2 (which could look just as amazing as GOW or U2)

slider

If it's Syphon Filter I'm gonna have to head online and purchase what SF stuff I can from the PSN.

Shame it's not Starhawk. It'd mix my intense love of Warhawk with my nostalgic love of Elite (to a degree).

I take it the Euro PS blog is as good a place as any to check the news?

Top Bottom