• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to announce DriveClub release date 'shortly'

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Well, Shadowfall and Knack were the worst games I played last year and TLOU was one of the best, so I don't think he's wrong.

I will never understand why just because someone didn't enjoy a game they decide it's bad

Dark Souls isn't for me but I would never say it's the worst game I've played

Azric

Banned
Man, Sony is becoming annoying with these same responses. lets see..

November:

Q: When will we get MP3, media type support?

A: Will pass it to team.. Maybe in future..

Q: When will the blue/red controllers come out in NA?

A: Soon

December:

Q: Any update on the MP3/Media support?

A: Later on.

Q: When will we get pulse elite headset support on PS4?

A: Early January

January:

Q: Any update on the blue/red controller in NA?
A: Soon hopefully

STILL NO HEADSET PATCH.

Driveclub: Soon..

There are obviously more, but these are some that actually happened. At least give an accurate time frame.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sony's first party studios surely comprise some of the very best and some the very worst in the industry.

I do think that sony's desire to provide relative artistic freedom for their developers can be a double edged sword. It is fine if the studio has suitable internal controls and discipline, but some (PD cough) really do seem to need more support. It's like Tarantino in some ways - hugely talented but cannot be trusted with full creative control, he needs a framework to avoid overly verbose and wooly output

Haven't you guys been reading the last few days? Subjective opinions are now to be stated as objective facts. It's how you win arguments.

Mondy

Banned
I'm predicting March. If this is going to be the marquee PS+ game, it won't be February. Outlast will be flying solo.

Sapiens

I will never understand why just because someone didn't enjoy a game they decide it's bad

Dark Souls isn't for me but I would never say it's the worst game I've played

I don't understand why he isn't allowed to be critical. He played some games last year and he put two of them at the bottom of his list.

Tsundere

Banned
No, they're not that silly... the game required polish in certain areas and was delayed to get that polish. The delay was expected before the PS4 thirst became real

We've already seen that it was rated for North America, that means that it is content complete and we should be expecting a relatively close release date. Glad they're spending time to polish the game, it's all polish and optimization from here until the game goes gold.

Just wished there was a bit more media on the game.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
There are obviously more, but these are some that actually happened. At least give an accurate time frame.
It's the new motto. Underpromise and overdeliver. To the extreme if necessary =P

The release date better be 'shortly' after that.

A-FRIGGIN-MEN!!!!!

However, I doubt that will be the case.

If the game was really coming in February, we would have likely heard about it by now.

I'm expecting it to launch in March around the time Infamous launches. Maybe even later.

I don't understand why he isn't allowed to be critical. He played some games last year and he put two of them at the bottom of his list.

People are allowed to be critical, but when people state their opinions as if they were objective truths, they should expect pushback.

Famassu

I have no idea why the game was delayed
It's not rocket science. Sony obviously wants DriveClub to become a big franchise and they didn't think that a rushed-for-launch version of the game would have done them any good, and they might think that they can get it on another level with a few months of extra polish & effort. Then there's also the fact that PS4 is sold out everywhere for the foreseeable future, so they don't necessarily NEED to release DriveClub quite yet. PS4 is selling without it, so they can delay DriveClub a bit, while they try to restock supply.

VanWinkle

So, the date of the announcement date is "to be announced".

End the announcement drought, Sony!

They aren't ready to announce a release date. IGN asked Sony for clarification about any further delays or anything, and Sony responded to them, saying "We'll announce a release date shortly."

They didn't announce it. They answered a question from IGN.

kyser73

It better be soon, Im very close to just getting NFS and that'll be my racing fix until Gran Turismo.

What so you won't download a game that's essentially free to PS+ subscribers (which presumably you are) with what I'm guessing will be a discounted option to upgrade to full retail release? Don't forget, the announcement way back when said you can platinum the game from the PS+ version.

Well, Shadowfall and Knack were the worst games I played last year and TLOU was one of the best, so I don't think he's wrong.

So you played 3 games last year then.
That's the only way I can figure Shadowfall and Knack being "the worst", because compared to most games released last year those 2 are very good games.

oSoLucky

Sony's first party studios surely comprise some of the very best and some the very worst in the industry.

They may make a lot of games that you don't like, but they are far from some of the worst in the industry. There are plenty of developers who put out much more broken, borderline unplayable games than Sony.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
tumblr_inline_mqxldwLfsg1qz4rgp.gif

Kirk.gif

oSoLucky

I do think that sony's desire to provide relative artistic freedom for their developers can be a double edged sword. It is fine if the studio has suitable internal controls and discipline, but some (PD cough) really do seem to need more support. It's like Tarantino in some ways - hugely talented but cannot be trusted with full creative control, he needs a framework to avoid overly verbose and wooly output

PD and Ueda could both definitely use a boot to their neck from time to time.

robotrock

Banned
Who knows. I get the feeling it'll drop around March or April. I highly doubt it will do like Watch_Dogs and just.....disappear. That game doesn't look like it'll come out until this fall.

Huh, totally forgot about Watch Dogs. You're right, it does seem like it's a lot further away than April or May now.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I have a bad Feeling about this...
I know it sounds unlikely but my Feeling tells me they encountered a deal breaking Problem late into development and are now desperatly trying to solve it, hence the Radio silence about the game..

What's it gonna take to get people to address this game by its proper name #DriveClub?
if the stick up your ass would not only be imaginary, but real, I would adress it #DriveClub

RedAssedApe

Banned

November:

Q: When will we get MP3, media type support?

A: Will pass it to team.. Maybe in future..

Q: When will the blue/red controllers come out in NA?

A: Soon

December:

Q: Any update on the MP3/Media support?

A: Later on.

Q: When will we get pulse elite headset support on PS4?

A: Early January

January:

Q: Any update on the blue/red controller in NA?
A: Soon hopefully

STILL NO HEADSET PATCH.

Driveclub: Soon..

Sounds like you're just quoting @yosp twitter. That is pretty much how he responds to tweets. You do know how many tweets he gets daily asking the same questions over and over again right? Surprised he even answers them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom