• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

So you still need to set up a macros, is there a possibility to make it work on a Mac?

My 5 stars are Lightning, Emperor, DKC, Prishe and Mercenary Ramza, are there any good to clear any of the actual content?

Thanks for the answer.

.n_n.

I don’t TM, can’t really answer that for you. Focus on leveling DKC, and clearing the weekly content. The weekly content will get you tickets, crysts for awakening abilities, and 6* evolve materials. Once DKC is leveled, awoken and his abilities are awoken he can help you clear plenty with a great friend unit (except for maybe The second to last area boss). He has to be fully awoken though, I don’t have any of the other 5*s, BUT see if you have a warrior of light or Veritas of earth. Those would likely be even better than lightning as they can help you tank. Lightning really has fallen off a cliff of viability.

Muku

Man. I don't even get why they give us a free pull at times. I know it sounds good, but the hot dumpster fire of garbage that it mainly pulls from is so awful, we'd be better off without it. I know, then we wouldn't have that 0.00000000001% of pulling that rainbow. But my complaint right now is fix the bottom of the barrel it pulls from. Stop making it where Rakshasa has such a higher percentage to show up than another blue. Dear lord. We have enough shit in the pool that it doesn't have to be weighted for the extreme shit to pop out of them.

Feel like 1/2 daily is about the same. Thank god alt got a second Libertus today. Apparently that's all I can get there though.

Alkez

They will have to be really creative with the skills and generous with the percentages to salvage Sakura.

Almost no information is out and the unit already needs salvaging...I'm not saying the unit is going to be good or bad but that reaction seems extreme.

Muku

Almost no information is out and the unit already needs salvaging...I'm not saying the unit is going to be good or bad but that reaction seems extreme.

Can you blame folks? I was like "Wow, her spear is kind of nice....woah wait wtf? Sakura only? No thanks." Sometimes I do go for 5* TMs more than them. But one that is tied to her? I'll pass. Right now the whole boat looks pretty bad. I was looking forward to Halloween units. At current rate, I'll be skipping.

Celegus

Yeah I have no idea why people are dumpstering them before we know anything about them. Everything I've seen so far has looked positive to me! Besides it's not like they can be worse than last year's units (which are thankfully being salvaged with enhancements). Judging from this and the probable enhancements on Christmas units in December, looks like we're gonna be waiting a full year for these guys AKA poor Yun isn't happening anytime soon. I love my Chocobro but dang if he isn't a nightmare to try and chain.

Muku

Yeah I have no idea why people are dumpstering them before we know anything about them. Everything I've seen so far has looked positive to me! Besides it's not like they can be worse than last year's units (which are thankfully being salvaged with enhancements). Judging from this and the probable enhancements on Christmas units in December, looks like we're gonna be waiting a full year for these guys AKA poor Yun isn't happening anytime soon. I love my Chocobro but dang if he isn't a nightmare to try and chain.

I dunno if WKN will be interesting with enhancements. But I eagerly await Christmas time to find out if he'll get any. I haven't used him in ages, but he has his uses. Have potted him up over time and all as well. I like him because he's part of "hide-my-team".

I love Yun as well. ;_; I really need to work on him but since getting 2B she's gotten priority. SORRY YUN! But 2B kicks so much ass. ;_; I usually have mine just chain with Orlandu. Orlandu is the only reason why Yun is still with me at this point.

Can't even tell you how bummed I was when I got Yun. I mean, I was excited because RAINBOW and all that fun stuff. But he wasn't what I was after. And while I need to get Yun some TM love, he has really earned his spot and left me happy ultimately. (Thank you Orlandu for helping him find his way.) Wanted Ling. Got Yun. Golds are unicorns.

robotuw

GL exclusive 5*'s have been rock solid since....well the last Halloween event ironically (and those may be redeemed as well). I'll wait until the maintenance datamine before deciding if I want to burn my 5* ticket before or after Sakura arrives. May even wait for week two if DRain and DLasswell turn into gods.

Xion86

I just cleared a few people from friend list who have been inactive for over a month so if anyone who doesn't already have me wants to add me:

ID: 193, 450, 851

I normally have a 700+ Tidus as leader but for event I'm using Glauca. I'm still working on getting my Cid maxed with pots so he won't be leader for a bit.

Not sure I have you on my list, add me if you get another spot :)
518, 334, 204

Okay, so far grabbed the Assault Rifle. Kingsglaive Hood, 1 Darkness’s Foe, 1 Light’s Foe, all Mega Ethers/Metal Gigantaurs/Elixers/Star Quartz and Rare Summon Tickets. I’ll just be grabbing some materials and the 30k Trust Moogle now I think.

Still need to finish the story!!

Muku

GL exclusive 5*'s have been rock solid since....well the last Halloween event ironically (and those may be redeemed as well). I'll wait until the maintenance datamine before deciding if I want to burn my 5* ticket before or after Sakura arrives. May even wait for week two if DRain and DLasswell turn into gods.

I'm kind of thinking I want to use my ticket on trying to get DRain and DLasswell. I was a bit bummed didn't get one last time. But I've gotten CNY and Christmas 5*s so can't complain. I'll be mad though if I get another Orlandu or Gilgamesh. (Or Marie. I just don't want Marie.)

Edit: [JP] Chiji GET! Raegan is feeling the love. Went up 19 ATK points. Yes please. After I get Sephy's Katana, I need to get him an ice weapon I guess.

Pejo

How are those of you with Nyx building him for this farm event? Mine has around 750 atk with Odin, but he can't solo 1shot Behemoth with that setup.

Same-ish atk with Ifrit and he can, because of 2nd beast killer, but then he loses Bladeblitz which makes the runs so much faster.

Why can't he natively equip Beastlord ; ;

robotuw

How are those of you with Nyx building him for this farm event? Mine has around 750 atk with Odin, but he can't solo 1shot Behemoth with that setup.

Same-ish atk with Ifrit and he can, because of 2nd beast killer, but then he loses Bladeblitz which makes the runs so much faster.

Why can't he natively equip Beastlord ; ;

Keep Odin and put a beast killer materia on him. He should still be able to OTKO Behemoth.

Zhadgon

If you are not TM farming, but you can clear the weekly content + expeditions you will get about 1 TM a month (which is my average)

I have a “TM” team which I use to clear dailies, but my main source are moogles I get from weekly content. Many people here will recommend TM farming as it will make content easier if you don’t get character-pull lucky. To do that you still need to macro at night.

I don’t TM, can’t really answer that for you. Focus on leveling DKC, and clearing the weekly content. The weekly content will get you tickets, crysts for awakening abilities, and 6* evolve materials. Once DKC is leveled, awoken and his abilities are awoken he can help you clear plenty with a great friend unit (except for maybe The second to last area boss). He has to be fully awoken though, I don’t have any of the other 5*s, BUT see if you have a warrior of light or Veritas of earth. Those would likely be even better than lightning as they can help you tank. Lightning really has fallen off a cliff of viability.
Ehhh... I have some 6 materials and WoL is in level 6 but dont know how to equip him.

Need to find out which TM's are best to farm and see what I can do to make a viable team.

Thanks for answer me.

Anyone can help me out figuring out a team?

.n_n.

robotuw

Ehhh... I have some 6 materials and WoL is in level 6 but dont know how to equip him.

Need to find out which TM's are best to farm and see what I can do to make a viable team.

Thanks for answer me.

Anyone can help me out figuring out a team?

.n_n.

Standard setup is you want 3 damage, 1 tank, 1 healer. You may want to sometimes swap a support unit into one of those slots. Most of your 5* units are damagers, though they aren't chainers which is the dominant type currently. Your three best are probably Emperor, DKC and Prishe but they don't synergize with each other very well unfortunately. We'd need to see your 4* units to suggest a full lineup, but some units that won't let you down if you have them are:

Healers: Refia,Y'shtola,Luka,Aria
Tanks: Warrior of Light,Veritas of the Earth
Chainers: Agrias,Setzer,Amelia,Ashe,Victoria
Support: Rikku,Soleil,Minfilia,Crowe

We sure he doesn't collect checks from Goombi?

wilstreak

i just hoping Halloween unit is bad so that I am not tempted to pull.

2 4* limited banner unit will kill all my stash looking at my recent luck.

Zhadgon

Standard setup is you want 3 damage, 1 tank, 1 healer. You may want to sometimes swap a support unit into one of those slots. Most of your 5* units are damagers, though they aren't chainers which is the dominant type currently. Your three best are probably Emperor, DKC and Prishe but they don't synergize with each other very well unfortunately. We'd need to see your 4* units to suggest a full lineup, but some units that won't let you down if you have them are:

Healers: Refia,Y'shtola,Luka,Aria
Tanks: Warrior of Light,Veritas of the Earth
Chainers: Agrias,Setzer,Amelia,Ashe,Victoria
Support: Rikku,Soleil,Minfilia,Crowe
This are my current units that can get to six:

5 Star:
Lightning
Dark Knight Cecil
Emperor
Mercenary Ramza
Prishe

Others:
Garland
Exdeath
Cloud of Darkness
Cecil
Terra
Bartz
Firion
Vaan
Cerius
Medius
Xiao
Kefka
Chizuru
Hayate
Warrior of Light
Charlotte
Gaffgarion
Agrias
Refia
Snow
Mercedes
Seven
Nine
Shine
King
Setzer
Amelia
Ilias
Rikku
Werei
Aria
Glauca
White Witch Fina
Ling
Cupid Artemios
Eve
Primm
Maxwell
Dangerous Ariana
Popoi
Eve

.n_n.

robotuw

This are my current units that can get to six:

Refia (if you got dualcast) or Aria
Warrior of Light
Rikku

Get them to max level and you can handle 2/3rds of the trials already.

If you want to rely on friends:
Max and enhance Agrias, then chain with Agrias/Orlandu/DV friends

If you want to be self-sufficient:
Max 2x Setzer or whichever chainer unit you got two of.
You can also try mismatched combinations,
just be sure to look up if it'll work first here.

Then max DKC, enhance him, use him as a finisher and destroy everything.

Research and do the trials in order. They'll give you good gear and force you to expand your roster naturally.

Syntsui

Not going to counter, but what ones would you say lately fit this?
Not going to counter, but what ones would you say lately fit this?
Every single limited unit (with a couple 5* being exceptions) released since I started playing during FFXV banner were bad-mediocre compared to year-old counterpart units already released in the game.

I actually chased Tiz for the TM, and failed, as well as Rena because of her magic mitigation skill, and also failed lol. That said, it was a good use of lapis because of the free TMs from the 3*/4* units.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just putting it into perspective, 20% chance to pull a yellow, 25% chance of that yellow being a banner, half that chance of being the one you want. So a 2.5% chance of getting the yellow you want.

Zhadgon

Refia (if you got dualcast) or Aria
Warrior of Light
Rikku

Get them to max level and you can handle 2/3rds of the trials already.

If you want to rely on friends:
Max and enhance Agrias, then chain with Agrias/Orlandu/DV friends

If you want to be self-sufficient:
Max 2x Setzer or whichever chainer unit you got two of.
You can also try mismatched combinations,
just be sure to look up if it'll work first here.

Then max DKC, enhance him, use him as a finisher and destroy everything.

Research and do the trials in order. They'll give you good gear and force you to expand your roster naturally.
Thanks, I will see what I can do.

.n_n.

Shouta

Most of the limited units in JP recently have been either long-term player orientated or specific use characters. Tiz (Bravely) and Reberta (GL) can be monsters with the right gear and composition but it's a lot of luck or whaling for that.

Reberta in particular probably can be the best finisher in the game if you have enough to gear her. Reberta and Raegen with max LB would be nuts together in fact. 3400%x2 and a 200% MAG charge on the first one? That's sick even if it's hybrid and takes a turn to charge.

Syntsui

Most of the limited units in JP recently have been either long-term player orientated or specific use characters. Tiz (Bravely) and Reberta (GL) can be monsters with the right gear and composition but it's a lot of luck or whaling for that.

Reberta in particular probably can be the best finisher in the game if you have enough to gear her. Reberta and Raegen with max LB would be nuts together in fact. 3400%x2 and a 200% MAG charge on the first one? That's sick even if it's hybrid and takes a turn to charge.
You know what's funny?

Grim Sakura TM would be BiS for JP Reberta lol.

fionel

I haven't touched my Reberta at all. Didn't even give her a second look since I have no idea how to gear her with a MAG build. Any ideas?

Shouta

You know what's funny?

Grim Sakura TM would be BiS for JP Reberta lol.

Unfortunately, probably not right now. It doesn't work well for a TDH build. It's 33 ATK/100 MAG which means you're losing out 300 ATK from the weapon alone. That's a huge loss for a small gain. It doesn't work for a MAG build because it's 2H. You'll get more stats from DWing and her skills should still activate twice.

If they ever do a MAG version of TDH, it would probably her best in slot if they included the damage variance. Otherwise, it loses in raw MAG to a few Rods and you can't use Rod Mastery to get the extra 50% in your free ability slot.

I haven't touched my Reberta at all. Didn't even give her a second look since I have no idea how to gear her with a MAG build. Any ideas?

There are two ways you can do a MAG build with her. Straight MAG with the usual caster gear or you can do the Magic Knight style to raise both her ATK and MAG at the same time. The former is easier to do but the latter will be significantly more potent.

I want to note that her base MAG is fairly low after pots at 166 so her numbers won't be as high as a regular caster. However, her Deep Breath gives her a 200% MAG charge granting her 332 extra MAG for the next attack on top of the standard MAG buffs.

BiS Mage gear should be:

Weapon 1: Glory of Evil
Weapon 2: Wizard Rod Kai
Head: Royal Crown
Body: Strategic Cape
Accessory 1: Genji Glove
Accessory 2: Ring of Lucii

Abilities: Majin Fina x3. Rod Mastery

Another route to this is using Medina's TMR and another Ring of Lucii. It gets you the same amount of MAG but significantly more MP. But since Medina is a pay unit, it's not ideal.

If I math it out right, she should have 991 MAG with this. Seems a bit low but her attack comes into play here as well.

For Magic Knight BiS:

Weapon 1: Sorcery
Weapon 2: Glory of Evil
Head: Emil's Head
Body: Brave Suit

Abilities: Kunshira's TMR x4

ATK: 799
MAG: 900

That's assuming I did the calculations right and I didn't forget anything. Kinda tired, lol. .Exceed Ring would be a huge benefit here as Reberta has a hard time hitting cap and it also would give her both MAG and ATK in this case. It'd actually help in any of her builds.

I'll go over this again when I get a bit of sleep.

fionel

BiS Mage gear should be:

Weapon 1: Glory of Evil
Weapon 2: Wizard Rod Kai
Head: Royal Crown
Body: Strategic Cape

Abilities: Majin Fina x3. Rod Mastery

Another route to this is using Medina's TMR and another Ring of Lucii. It gets you the same amount of MAG but significantly more MP. But since Medina is a pay unit, it's not ideal.

If I math it out right, she should have 991 MAG with this. Seems a bit low but her attack comes into play here as well.

For Magic Knight BiS:

Body: Brave Suit

Abilities: Kunshira's TMR x4

ATK: 799
MAG: 900

That's assuming I did the calculations right and I didn't forget anything. Kinda tired, lol. .Exceed Ring would be a huge benefit here as Reberta has a hard time hitting cap and it also would give her both MAG and ATK in this case. It'd actually help in any of her builds.

Since I only have 1 Kunshira TMR I did a bit of mix and match with what I have:

Body: Iron Colossus

Abilities: Kunshira TMR, atk30%/mag30% x 2, letters and arms

Got a bit more bonus out of Iron Colossus b/c of her innate bonus with heavy armor and helmet.

Tacking on Bahamut's bonus, I have 739 atk 705 mag 275mp.

0 pots.

Will update after getting the time to experiment with the dummy.

Kouriozan

Nazta clarified it's end of Season 1 Rain, S2 Rain will probably get a big event. There is also a Rain from between S1 and S2
Wandering Rain
His TM is amazing though.

Rixa

Lmao CG Rain (might not even be CG, wtf is going on) will be Lila 2.0 (that's an atrocious banner, holy shit that's on the level of Global troll banners and only lasts three days wtf)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._maint_qol_campaigns_weapon_upgrades_rain_18/

All of this is weird as fuck but I'm excited about this new weapon enhancement thing anyway.

Duration: 10/20 17:00 ~ 10/23 23:59 [JST]

Units:

Chizuru
Soleil
Sazh
Zidane
Rain (Awakened) - レイン(覚醒せし力)5-6★

(This is Rain from the end of S1)

TM: Guardian of Lapis (Materia)
+20% HP, SPR+40%, Auto-Limit
LB: AOE Damage

For JP its only (luckily) 3 Days banner, one either tries to get S1 end Raind for TM or uhm save pulls. That is indeed horrible banner :D

Syntsui

Rain taking his revenge against Fina and bam, JP will get 3 different Rain in one month, if they do get CG Rain in November, hehe.
They have to release a new banner this month still, Raegen will be gone and this new one only last three days.

They are either hiding something big that will be datamined anyway or I can't even begin to imagine what is going on with them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Curious if any Nox users are having weird graphical glitches when using the latest version (5.2.0.0) on Win 10 with the new Fall Creators Update?

When I run Nox, it performs as normal but all the screen real estate around it turns glitchy, creating black artifacting all over the place. If I move windows around or click, it temporarily goes away. It will also go away if I minimize or close Nox. Wasn't doing this until after I updated Windows.

If you open winver from the Run window (Win+R), if your system says "version 1709" then you have the Fall Creators Update.

I'm assuming it's an nvidia driver thing that will hopefully get patched up, but not sure.

Just a heads up if you like to use Nox a lot.

Top Bottom