• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited in line for PS4 for 13 hours, and that was pushing it a bit.
Waiting in line for one month? Whats the point exactly? Just pre-order the thing or hop in line the morning of the midnight launch.

EDIT: Well, I guess he's getting YouTube subs out of it, so :/

LOL @ all the random bitterness in this thread. The guy found a hook for a month of youtube content. That puts him ahead of a lot of people.

Lol he will most definatly feel stupid once people get the switch before release due to breaking street date stores hahahahahahaha.

GodofWine

Lol he will most definatly feel stupid once people get the switch before release due to breaking street date stores hahahahahahaha.

He's doing it for subs / views. Probably also gambling that the Switch games will be the big YT games too, maybe he wins, maybe he loses (like all the people who were trying to become the BIG No mans sky tubers..ha, then no one cared.)

Ponn

Banned
Man this kid has made some pretty poor life decisions.

I mean, if you are making money video taping yourself from sitting in front of a Nintendo store for a month to buy a Switch from the same money you are making of suckers watching you do it did you really?

dh4niel

Zpwm7.gif

Indelible

No system is worth standing in line for a month, especially when you can just walk in and pick up a pre-order on launch day.

Tokyo is 14 hours ahead of New York City, won't they get the switch first? Or places like New Zealand, Australia, etc?

Was my first thought too. So like even if he is first line here he won't be the first to get one in the world, so I dunno point fells mute. It's such a waste of time, but hey it's not my life so godspeed.

Was my first thought too. So like even if he is first line here he won't be the first to get one in the world, so I dunno point fells mute. It's such a waste of time, but hey it's not my life so godspeed.

he won't even be in the top 1000 to get a switch even if he was in tokyo.
i guess it's a funny hook to get subscribers but jeez one month.

OryoN

This should go viral. Random strangers should start joining the line for Switch too. All news channels should start reporting it.

That would be fun as heck to see. I would literally tune into the news, streams, and whatever just to monitor it too.

bomblord1

Banned
I don't care about the why I care about the how. Obviously it's physically impossible to actually survive that long standing in one spot.

Does he have a hotel rented nearby? What about food? If he leaves the spot though is he really "standing in line" who is paying for this excursion? If he camped out I'm fairly certain he'd be picked up by the NYC police well before hand. How exactly do you wait in line with the store open and people coming in and out of the entrances? Etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom