• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

KuroNeeko

The answer was to do pve, where scaling leveled the playing field. But now, you're probably just scraping for the 1 prog cover.

Can you get to 575 in pvp? That would let you do a classic pull every 5 days or so

I do PvE if the three stars are an upgrade. The single four star cover (in rank 7?) is usually too much of a grind for me to finish.

I've been pushing harder in PvP. I can get to 400 now pretty easily and I usually end up around the bracket that gives one 2★ cover and the three heroic tokens.

I just champed 3★ Thor today, so I might try him with Blad3 to see if I can hit 575. Blade is pretty squishy though : /

zulux21

The answer to all the above is probably to just keep playing / paying. ^^

yeah basically don't worry about rushing it.

if you only have one 3* champ you aren't really ready to move onto 4* best to get a good range of 3* first so you have a good selection of boosted characters in order to do SCL7 in PVE and be able to climb fast enough to get the the CP in PVP.

zulux21

Zulux, how did you get the 3* Elektra, I don't have an event to obtain her in?

got her from spending 100hp in the defenders vault.
my second 100hp spent on there netted me a 4 star punisher whom I should champ as I think he is in the top 15 characters if i recall.

my token from the danny pvp didn't net me anything noteworthy though.

Also, finally did the sim. Carnage medusa+green/blue user (Iceman, in this case, vulture might be better once he's covered) was okay, but after fighting some other teams, I found that medusa+4* grocket and gamora was a hell of a lot faster. Especially against enemy medusas, where you don't want to match too many of your own special tiles to keep from feeding them

I don't use carnage medusa for speed. I use it for the simple fact that i don't even have to look at marvel puzzle quest at all to use it.

the hp gain basically outdoes any damage that can be done in SCL7 PVE so I don't have to use any health packs or even pay attention to the game to continue my grind for points to get 4* covers.

if I was going for speed I would likely run something like Grocket 4* + Carol + iron man 40 as that gets you a bunch of strike tiles that get boosted after iron man fires his recharge that nets you the blue to drop a tile that does damage, gives attack, and boosts your tiles each turn as well as likely let you cast a green that does extra damage and gives you ap.

it is basically get 6 yellow ap and the match is just over.

Dalek

Championed Iron Fist just in time for him to be buffed in this tournament. I have to say, 4* Iron Fist and Luke Cage definitely do make a powerful team-cast Danny's blue, then Luke's yellow. Baby, you got a stew goin!

zulux21

My Defenders Vault does not have Elektra in it...not sure why?

There is one 4* Elektra cover but no 3*

it's random.

though I think you should have at least one in there.

I have heard from 1 to 6. I personally have 5 of her in it plus 2 4* electra and 2 4* punisher.

zulux21

I checked the forums, apparently Im not the only one. And Im not going to spend 400g to recycle the vault.

it sucks, but at the same time she sucks and even a loaner vs having her won't make any difference in her PVP since she sucks so hard.

lets take one of the weakest 4*s before we buffed her whom is still not great, and make a 3* version based on that, and while her damage was always in 3* land levels, we will make her damage 2* land now :/

I would love this Defenders vault if my 2 4* Elektra covers weren't both the same color which I don't need. As it is now, I just like it and might buy a 10 pack on the last day.

zulux21

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) and Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) will be receiving character updates this season. We will also be debuting an all-new way to test out your newly updated character including a way to earn an additional random cover for each character!

A preview of the character updates can be seen below:

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)

Burning Rubber
The cost has been increased to 12 Green AP (from 7). Damage has been significantly increased, creates 2 friendly Attack tiles, and the AP cost of the power is reduced for each friendly Attack tile on the board (to a minimum of 6)

Hellfire
The cost has been increased to 9 Red AP (from 8). The power deals damage (plus additional damage if the enemy is a villain) and creates a Countdown tile. Each turn the Countdown tile creates 2 friendly Attack tiles.

Penance Stare
The cost has been decreased to 10 Black AP (from 12). No other changes have been made.

Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)

Wilson's Gambit
The cost has been increased to 8 Black AP (from 6). Damage has been increased. Remove a Friendly Countdown tile to deal damage to the enemy or if there are 3 or more friendly Countown tiles, remove 3 friendly Countdown tiles and deal enemy team damage instead.

The Fisk Defense
No changes have been made.

Maggia Pawns
The damage has been increased for each Countdown created and the duration of the Maggia Muscle and Maggia Hitman Countdown tiles has been decreased by 1.

System Reboot
An all-new Story event that will run alongside the normal Story events. Complete missions to earn Iso-8 and a random Ghost Rider and Kingpin cover!

I hope the new character event continues to be a thing.

that being said I might have to hold off doing it for a bit. as I have 81 iso right now and my ghost rider is fully covered.

Triz

Heh, I pulled cover 13 for Ghost Rider last week on a random pull. Guess I should level him up in prep for champing.

Spoit

We'll see with the numbers, but ghostrider missed the boat. We already have grocket to be Carol's 1-turn repeating CD BFF

We'll see with the numbers, but ghostrider missed the boat. We already have grocket to be Carol's 1-turn repeating CD BFF

Ghost Rider's red has always been a recurring countdown that deals damage, it's the creating additional strike tiles that's new. Massively increasing his green might actually take him from one useful power (that got it's cost reduced) to 2, making him a useful character even when not boosted.

Edit: Also, making him useful right before a boss event, which is basically when Penance Stare is the most useful? Bonus.

zulux21

so the numbers are out.
ghost rider basically doubled in damage.

for 7 green before
Level 5: 1423 team damage / 151 Attack tiles / 453 bonus damage (if there are at least 6 attack tiles)

now for 12 (but goes down to as low as 6 with attack tiles)
2804 team damage and 306 attack tiles

with his red it shouldn't be that hard to get green down to 6.

his red went from
for 8
1810 damage / 235 Attack tile (every 2 turns) / 362 bonus damage

to for 9
2205 + 812 damage to villains + two 162 attack tiles per turn

aka a way to quickly build up attack tiles.

and black is just 2 cheaper.

I am not sure where this will put ghost rider tier was, but no doubt this is a pretty good improvement overall.

kingpin is harder.

he went from
6ap to do
2309 + 2959 (5268) damage. (the second number being if you got rid of a count down or 878 damage per ap when you got rid of a countdown)

to
8 ap to do
6351 damage or 4240 team damage if you remove 4 the damage per ap actually drops to 794, it can no longer be fired in two matches ect. but the team damage ability is a plus. it's likely a buff, but honestly not a big one to me since you still have to have 3 countdown tiles to do the team damage and you lose them to do so. also you can't even fire the ability if you don't have a countdown timer anymore :/

his tiles on the other hand are weird.
the sniper has a slight increase in damage at low level but a slight decrease in damage at high level.
the other two are pure buffs and the reduced countdown will help as well.

overall I feel it's pretty clear it's a buff, but i am not 100% sure what people were using him for before. either way I really don't feel the changes will change his tier or usage much.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67127/space-gem-season-character-updates-updated-8-22-17#latest

KuroNeeko

Hit 575 in PVP today using a mix of Blad3 / Hood / Lazy Thor / Deadpool.

The last 50 points were rough.

Turned around and used those CP to buy my last (yellow) cover for IM40! NO REGRATS!

Now I've got

Blad3
Deadpool
IM40
Iron Fist
Lazy Thor
Thanos (3★)

champed.

Any recommendations on who to champ next? I have most, if not all, of the upper tier of 3★s--just looking for someone that isn't Black / Purple / Red. lol

KuroNeeko

Strange. I personally like him more than Fist against PvE goons, but that might be just me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Strange does a lot of work for me already--in PvE--just like you said!
The only thing keeping me from slotting him as a bonus unit is he already has 5 yellow. I'd probably cry if I got a bonus cover and it ended up being yellow... : /

Same with Switch, her blue is already maxed out. : /

Same with Hood, his blue is already maxed out. : ///

I think I'm going to go with Kamala (who will feed me more Medusa covers and works well with IM40), Beast (for Jean Grey), or Mags (because he's awesome).

I'd LIKE to have Strange though. I'll probably look at getting him to 12/13 and then finishing him with some CP.

Spoit

Who's the third? Hood?
Don't their colors overlap? (Cap / IM40)
You using Yellow on Recharge and then U/R on Cap?

Yes, while IM can, theoretically, use his own powers; the main use for him is to power other, better ones. And since his powers his own colors (plus green), overlap is, of course, going to happen

KuroNeeko

Yes, while IM can, theoretically, use his own powers; the main use for him is to power other, better ones. And since his powers his own colors (plus green), overlap is, of course, going to happen

So then, something like...IM40, Lazy Cap, and...3★ Thanos?
The green could go towards Come and Get Me! The U/R would go to Cap.

Or...IM40 / Cap / Hood? Black for Intimidation, R / U for Cap. You'd be missing green and purple...hmm...

IM40 / Cap / Switch?

lol

A lot of people have been going on about how good Cap is, but up until now, most of my party has been Blade / Iron Fist / Deadpool....gonna take some time to get used to the idea of cheap, plentiful U/R/G/Y energy.

edit: IM40 / Cap / Kamala? @.@

Spoit

Generally, the required character. But if it's a pve, then yeah, someone who'd use the green. I guess kk would be good with how often cap recasts his shield.

And bah, bracket sniped 2 covers from slice 3, but joined just one fight too late to grab the 575 cp

Triz

1. Get a pop up in game notifying users of 3* Elektra available in the Defenders vault.
2. Get a Vault with no Elektra
3. Contact support informing of my issue two days ago
4. Finally get a reply:

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Unfortunately, Elektra (Assassin) is not guaranteed to appear in all players' The Defenders Vaults. As such we are unable to provide compensation for this issue.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (SJG)

5. Profit???

I did not ask for compensation only for them to reset my vault so I didn't have to spend 400g on the reset

zulux21

so even with a partially covered 5* hawkeye and coulson they are fun and goofy together :p

I hope we can get all 3 coulson covers in the alliance event. will make mine 4/5/2 if we do.

so even with a partially covered 5* hawkeye and coulson they are fun and goofy together :p

I hope we can get all 3 coulson covers in the alliance event. will make mine 4/5/2 if we do.

We've fully completed the last 2-3 boss events, so I would think so. Fun question is whether we can pull off a double complete on the next Civil War. I doubt it, but I want to see how far we can go if we really push it.

zulux21

We've fully completed the last 2-3 boss events, so I would think so. Fun question is whether we can pull off a double complete on the next Civil War. I doubt it, but I want to see how far we can go if we really push it.

we have but those events were also some of the easiest to max complete.
If I recall right the points on this one are tighter and well.... I won't be home friday or Saturday >.>

and we have had a few players barely playing anymore.

I will go seriously in on the first day at least and if the points are a lot like the last event then ideally that will be enough to get us close.

I will be able to do a little friday/saturday but I will be at a con most of that time.

the boosted list doesn't look great
lZaP4xB.png

but hulk + patch boosted in 3 star land will likely at least help. (3* widow doesn't hurt either)

I am trying to remember great teams for him, but mostly if I recall right board control plus quick hits aren't bad.

ghost rider is never terrible either to deal big damage before his all kill move.

zulux21

Doctor Strange, Blade and Hulk should get the job done easily.

against goons, but they won't help much against galactus himself.
his only active move kills you and he can't be stunned so strange is useless against him.

and hulk boosted really just makes him not activate early on as he won't take enough damage.

blade might help but it would depend on if Black is considered his strongest color or not.

Dalek

against goons, but they won't help much against galactus himself.
his only active move kills you and he can't be stunned so strange is useless against him.

and hulk boosted really just makes him not activate early on as he won't take enough damage.

blade might help but it would depend on if Black is considered his strongest color or not.
Ah you're right about Galactus. Ghost Rider-maybe Gwenpool?

IM40, OBW and 4* Blade is what I'll probably run for at least the first 4-5 rounds. Galactus' entire kit is based around countdowns, so all you need to do is use OBW's blue to make sure they don't go off. After that, I'm thinking maybe swap in Chulk for OBW for the targeted tile destruction. Also, in a pinch OBW's pink can help to delay him grabbing the 29AP necessary to end the fight.

zulux21

Ah you're right about Galactus. Ghost Rider-maybe Gwenpool?

if I recall right ghost rider is a decent choice.

not sure how useful gwenpool will be as by the time she gets any board control going he will likely be out of control.

that being said I do wonder how medusa + Carnage + 2 star widow at 5 purple would do.

at least early on I imagine it could AP lock him as carnage + medusa fuels green/purple and blue.

the purple can be used to steal 4 ap of each color including purple making each firing after the first only cost 7 (if he has at least 4 purple)

the blue can be used to increase countdown timers

and the green could be used for board shake to try to make sure there was blue and purple.

I mean if you have them you could also just go for team power punch even if hulkbuster isn't boosted. (aka 4 star hulk buster + 3 star cyclops + maybe 3* IF to fuel black faster)

does glactus being by himself count as two enemies downed for punisher max?
if so iron man 40 + peggy + him might not be bad
the red turns into 6k damage hits
the blue turns into potentially 15k damage and the green turns into potentially 10k damage.

I mean for the first so many rounds a rocket and groot 4* alone could likely kill him pretty fast. might be good in general.

KuroNeeko

we have but those events were also some of the easiest to max complete.
If I recall right the points on this one are tighter and well.... I won't be home friday or Saturday >.>

and we have had a few players barely playing anymore.

I will go seriously in on the first day at least and if the points are a lot like the last event then ideally that will be enough to get us close.

I will be able to do a little friday/saturday but I will be at a con most of that time.

the boosted list doesn't look great

but hulk + patch boosted in 3 star land will likely at least help. (3* widow doesn't hurt either)

I am trying to remember great teams for him, but mostly if I recall right board control plus quick hits aren't bad.

ghost rider is never terrible either to deal big damage before his all kill move.

Excited about getting some more Coulsons!

If you guys have space, I'd like to join! I'm still in 3★ land, but my transition from 2★→3★ is mostly complete. I don't know how much my doods would be able to contribute, but I'd try.

My account name is dirtyCat! Or I could search for the guild if you tell me the name (and have openings)!

zulux21

Excited about getting some more Coulsons!

If you guys have space, I'd like to join! I'm still in 3★ land, but my transition from 2★→3★ is mostly complete. I don't know how much my doods would be able to contribute, but I'd try.

My account name is dirtyCat! Or I could search for the guild if you tell me the name (and have openings)!

we don't quite have an opening right now.

we will likely have one eventually when Fjord decides to finally call it quite, but he continues to log in every few days and I don't kick anyone unless they haven't logged in in a while.

plus he is a commander so I couldn't boot him anyways unless he doesn't log in for a while >.>

KuroNeeko

we don't quite have an opening right now.

we will likely have one eventually when Fjord decides to finally call it quite, but he continues to log in every few days and I don't kick anyone unless they haven't logged in in a while.

plus he is a commander so I couldn't boot him anyways unless he doesn't log in for a while >.>

Sure, mayne. No worries (or rush)!

The guild I'm in now is all right, and we usually clear about 60-80% of these types of events. First time doing Galactus though.

Good luck, guys!

zulux21

Sure, mayne. No worries (or rush)!

The guild I'm in now is all right, and we usually clear about 60-80% of these types of events. First time doing Galactus though.

Good luck, guys!

with galactus there are a few ways you can deal with him.

so he has countdown tiles that he places, that when they go off corrupts nearby tiles, and then the next turn he absorbs them all to gain AP.

when he gets enough AP you just lose.

thus you beat him one of the following ways.

A. Kill him so fast he can't get his big move off.
B. you control his countdown tiles enough through luck or board manipulation to kill him before he collects AP
C. you keep stealing his AP to keep him from getting the move off.

C is likely the hardest to do in the long run because he starts gaining it pretty quickly later rounds.

A. gets more difficult as well, but as long as you are decent at matching away the tiles can be doable all the way through, though bad board placement can end you.

B. is the one you have to really combine with A or C. There isn't really a character set that is both amazing at stealing AP and dealing damage.

overall it shouldn't be to bad though. heck even though my grocket is only like 3/3/4 I will be tempted to play around with him as the 750 in strike damage I can get from him combined with perhaps medusa or iron fist to get some attack tiles might be enough to kill him before he gets off his big move for a while.

Spoit

Yeah, for galactus I usually just use Charlie's angels until his count downs start doing enough damage to trigger 3* hulk

What's the maximum amount of command points you can hold? I have 999 and I don't see space for another digit.
For most people, the max is 20

Also, if you like classic 5 stars and latest 4 stars, pull classic tokens now before they fix the odds. Someone messed up.

For most people, the max is 20

Also, if you like classic 5 stars and latest 4 stars, pull classic tokens now before they fix the odds. Someone messed up.

This is now one of the very few times I wish I'd hoarded CP. Because this would be a pretty good chance to get those old 5* covers.

Dalek

Just got another duplicate for my fully covered OML. It hurts to get dupe 5*s so I've decided to just roster another OML. Fuck it-I'll do it live.

zulux21

Just got another duplicate for my fully covered OML. It hurts to get dupe 5*s so I've decided to just roster another OML. Fuck it-I'll do it live.

i also have two of him rostered, that being said you could maybe champ him :p? would only screw up PVP anymore not PVE

also the new daredevil looks alright, but likely won't have many people who like him since he seems like a solid long match player not a solid quick match player.

his healing looks fun to manipulate yourself, but most people will just hit him hard to take out all of his remaining life in one go.

the green move could be fun, but it takes a while to get going and doesn't do a ton at the 5 star level unless the enemy keeps matching it.

and his purple move... exists.

I mean some tile steal and some minor damage from hitting a stunned opponent isn't bad especially with strike tiles. but it doesn't feel impressive either.

also... our next 5* will be the 20th one @_@

In other thoughts screw the RNG.

my 2* daken is up to 2/12/12 while trying to build a new one @_@

Top Bottom