• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Owners: What version did you get and why? Any regret?

Heartfyre

Charcoal grey is one of my favourite colours, so it was never a question. I personally never understood the appeal of the neon ones, but to each their own.

fernoca

Wanted gray, got gray and always intended to put covers over the joycons, since every other console I have is white. Put some silicone white covers that look good and add some grip.

aett

Wanted grey, got grey, am happy with grey. Might get neon blue one day, unless another color I like comes out one day.

Grey and black one, literally the only available. Regrets... no. I mean, I don't play the damn thing, but then again, I have other two consoles and I have played less play time on those than the Switch this year.

Good thing Civ VI came last year, otherwise....

On, and I got to play Super Sidekicks again, in portable mode!

Got the grey. Very happy with that colour scheme. It's a beautiful piece of hardware.

I picked up the Splatoon joycons too because I want that Cosmo and Wanda style on occasion. No desire for red/blue.

samred

love my double red. I got two neon yellow joy-cons, as well, but not hot on those... I wanna see if the neon yellow pairs well with either of the Splatoon joy-cons. like, one yellow, one green, or one yellow, one purple. and then maybe someone will trade me one of their splatoon cons for one of my arms ones... (not counting on that, tho)

Kanhir

Got the neon one, ended up getting double grey and swapped neon later. So now I can mix and match depending on my mood.

(Although it's 95% of the time double red, because double red is hot.)

t hicks

Banned
Got grey @ launch because thats all that was available, I would've gotten the Neon if they were around :/.. but I got a pair of Neon joycons (Red/Blue) now so I'm happy :)

_Clash_

I have black matte silicone skins for my JoyCon, with these skins all the inputs have a consistent tolerance around inputs so my neon cons show their colour around the buttons and sticks as a minor in the black matte major. It's really striking and amaze

Mostly, think I want neon yellow for a radiation symbol themed JoyCon set.

And watermelon

And neon purple

Oh god. :O

I got gray because Nintendo didn't release the pink/green Splatoon 2 bundle in North America. It's fine, as soon as it's back in stock in Japan I'm getting those Joycons anyway.

Mudron

Got the Neon Switch at launch along with a spare pair of red/blue Joy-Cons and I still absolutely love those colors - the red especially is such a weirdly punked-out Play-Doh color that, months on, I'm still a little mesmerized by it.

Not

Banned
Gray. I've seen the neon one in real life, and it wouldn't have been too bad. Gray is so slick though.

Retro

Went to Walmart around 5:30pm and was fifth in line for a Grey Switch.

After the manager started to unpack everything around 10 o'clock and let people have a look at them, I ended up making a snap decision to grab a Neon. 6 and a half hours after wandering in I was headed home to play some BotW.

No regrets, the colors are really sharp and pleasing to the eye. That said, if they released Gamecube purple ones I'd be all over 'em.

Donuts

Originally got grey but the switch came in scratched. Returned it and found both grey/neon at my local target. I actually bought the grey first, but before getting back to my car I decided to do an exchange for the neon. I find my switch more pleasant to look at with the neon. No ragrets.

I got gray. Doesn't particularly matter to me, as I assume other variations will be coming over the years, at least one of which I'll happily pick up. I'd love official SNES-themed Joycons.

Lamptramp

Got grey as it was the only thing available at the time (really wanted neon). However its a lovely looking bit of kit regardless, so minimal regrets.

Mind you the Splatoon2 pro controller looks fabulous, so I'm pretty tempted by the individual joy-cons in the pink/green too.

Menitta

I bought my grey Switch because I regretted and sold my Xbone. 0 regret now.

I totally would've gotten a neon one but it was either that or nothing.

Kevinroc

Neon. No regrets. Wouldn't have regretting getting the grey either. I pretty much got what I could when I picked up my Switch.

Felensis

Banned
Totally love the very bright neon one which I got for launch. Also love the yellow ones which I got for ARMS. Over the past few days I realized that I'm feeling literally oversaturated with all those bright neon colors. Now I'm thinking about getting a pair of grey ones and selling the yellow ones instead.

Though I haven't bought mine (as I'm waiting on a neon bundle to show up at Best Buy for points), I really like the colors versus the grey.

I'm also planning on picking up the Splatoon neon green/pink Joycons as well in the near future.

Neon, and I just did this to it last night:

MVF8cjR.jpg

No ragrets whatsoever.

I wanted grey, I would have bought any color just to own a Switch, and I bought the last grey one at Best Buy one day. Now? I'd take matching neon reds or splatoon green / pink. Can't wait for real custom ones or even other kinds of controls entirely. You know, I've always maintained that the biggest weakness of a portable is the fact that the "controller" will wear out before the system does - now I can't complain about that!!

Top Bottom