• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

impact

Banned
oh damn I would hop on SM3DW in a second at retail for that price. No way am I gonna get it off the eShop though. Sucks too cause I really wanna play it and I'm almost done with the only Wii U game I have.

oti

Banned
Looking at those prices, comparing them to EU eShop prices...
Importing a US New 3DS isn't such a bad idea, is it?

Dr. Buni

Damn, I bought Kid Icarus Uprising yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited for the promo.

I wonder if any of the actual 3DS games will drop to $15, because that is all I have left on my eShop wallet~

Zeeman

Cross-Posting:

Nintendo Canada tweeted out a link http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/MIleW7XhJNJBQ6Z0mwM-h8Pw-VyoNQm5 , which lists some of the games that are going to be on sale. It's missing a bunch from this week, so it's not comprehensive, but it tells us some of the games that'll be on sale. (Also, it says that games will be up to 40% off, but that's probably a price difference thing).
Week 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap (Wii U)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Nintendo 3DS)
Mega Man X (Wii U)

Week 3
Pokémon™ Battle Trozei (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon Rumble U (Wii U)
Metroid™ (Wii U)
Metroid™ (Nintendo 3DS)
Wii Fit™ U (Wii U)

Week 4
Animal Crossing™: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS)
Pikmin™ 3 (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
PAC-MAN™ and the Ghostly Adventures (Wii U)
PAC-MAN™ and the Ghostly Adventures (Nintendo 3DS)
Nothing too surprising, although it's nice to confirm that Tropical Freeze will be on sale.

Is SM3DW worth it at that price? I love SM3DL on the 3DS, but not sure if that was because it was on the go or not...

Definitely worth it

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
In for Minish Cap on Wii U and Pokémon Rumble U.

Time to put those toys I bought from GameStop to use.

I was holding out for a cheap second printing of Kid Icarus: Uprising, or better yet the oft-discussed but not especially likely Wii U remake, but if the price goes low enough I'll jump. And if Zero Mission arrives on the VC in time for the Metroid sale, all the better, but I can't see NoA launching new VC titles at an immediate discount.

Only Awakening in the coming weeks then...Phew, my wallet weeps less now. Although I would've bought KI:U for a nice price...

If they don't discount the DLC I'm going to be livid.

entremet

These are some great sales, guys.

Remember this is Nintendo we're talking about. I think Steam has spoiled us all.

Is SM3DW worth it at that price? I love SM3DL on the 3DS, but not sure if that was because it was on the go or not...

Yes!

If you loved Land, you'll absolutely adore World.

I am going to laugh so hard if "Sonic the Hedgehog (Nintendo 3DS)" turns out to be the Game Gear version instead of the SEGA 3D Classics version.

Only Awakening in the coming weeks then...Phew, my wallet weeps less now. Although I would've bought KI:U for a nice price...

If they don't discount the DLC I'm going to be livid.
I doubt that is everything if they went so far as to include every character* this week and it would be odd not to have KI after saying "will feature Veteran Fighters such as Zelda™, Sonic, Pit, and Captain Falcon, along with Newcomers Palutena, Mega Man and Robin". Your wallet is unsafe.

As for FE DLC they didn't in Europe. Also did Capcom discount the AA:DD DLC?

*-Hang on? Where is Wario...always one franchise shafted (I should quit my SHULKing)

I am going to laugh so hard if "Sonic the Hedgehog (Nintendo 3DS)" turns out to be the Game Gear version instead of the SEGA 3D Classics version.

I doubt that is everything if they went so far as to include every character* this week and it would be odd not to have KI after saying "will feature Veteran Fighters such as Zelda™, Sonic, Pit, and Captain Falcon, along with Newcomers Palutena, Mega Man and Robin". Your wallet is unsafe.

As for FE DLC they didn't in Europe. Also did Capcom discount the AA:DD DLC?

*-Hang on? Where is Wario...always one franchise shafted (I should quit my SHULKing)

Meh, if they didn't do that in Europe, which almost always has better sales (look at the NES Remix sale), then I doubt NA will do it. I guess I will postpone that DLC even further then. The only thing besides FE:A that would make me spend money is KI:U and Megaman NES games. That F-Zero picture is pure trolling though, he only have one game at the store, Wii U only.

Yes, I know about the Ambassador program.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
guess ill wait for black friday to finally get SM3DW. $40 is still too steep IMO.

PC and vita sales have spoiled me I guess.

rekameohs

Banned
Cross-Posting:

Definitely worth it
Wait, are they really not putting Kid Icarus on sale....? That was a goddamn launch game and it's still full price.

Is that list incomplete?

Edit: ok, saw the comment about Pit and Palutena being characters in the sale, so something Kid Icarus will appear, hopefully it's not just like the GB game or something....

Guys I might spend upwards of $100 through these four weeks. Maybe more. And then immediately another $40 on Smash

What has become of my life?

Azuran

Banned
Damn, I bought Kid Icarus Uprising yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited for the promo.

I wonder if any of the actual 3DS games will drop to $15, because that is all I have left on my eShop wallet~

That piece of art is worth every single cent. I would buy it even if it was $100.

EulaCapra

That's the lowest I've seen 3D Land and 3D World going by non-third party retail price.

3D World is actually underpriced hehe.

Guys I might spend upwards of $100 through these four weeks. Maybe more. And then immediately another $40 on Smash

What has become of my life?

i-know-that-feel-png.11226
I just put a lot of money on the PSN, got DR2 and will get D4+Minecraft. Then Nintendo comes over and makes this...I'll probably get a lot of games here too.

damn, copped kid icarus and fire emblem awakening back in july before this sale.

oh well though. grab it during the sale guys if you're into RPGs! both titles are DEFINITELY worth it.

damn, copped kid icarus and fire emblem awakening back in july before this sale.

oh well though. grab it during the sale guys if you're into RPGs! both titles are DEFINITELY worth it.
Yeah, I bought all of these games in preparation for Smash, but before the sale. Damn lol.

Platy

Wait, are they really not putting Kid Icarus on sale....? That was a goddamn launch game and it's still full price.

Is that list incomplete?

Edit: ok, saw the comment about Pit and Palutena being characters in the sale, so something Kid Icarus will appear, hopefully it's not just like the GB game or something....

They list 5 games.

This week is 10 games

Hmmm...if I recall correctly from the Mario Kart 8 promo, you'll still get $6 worth of credit back if you're part of the Deluxe promo for buying 3D World, right? So that's essentially $34...I think. Only issue is, I think I'm considering going back to physical for Wii U and sticking to digital for 3DS.

Also: 3D Land is now at the right price for me to buy the digital copy and sell of my cart. So glad I held out on Yoshi's Island.

Dr. Buni

That piece of art is worth every single cent. I would buy it even if it was $100.
I won't argue. I am only on Chapter 4 and wow, the game is amazing. Visuals, music, characters, dialogues, gameplay. All top tier. Based Sakurai.

Great! I'll pick up Super Mario Bros 3! Can't wait to play it again!

I hope that "future" list is missing entries, since it says Kid Icarus and F-Zero games, but there aren't any Kid Icarus or F-Zero games on the list!

I almost impulse bought Animal Crossing so I'd have it on my system all the time and could get back into it. Glad I waited! I'll probably be picking up multiple things each week from the looks of it.

Elija2

It's sad that the VC games are only 50 cents off. What the hell kind of sale is that?

I might pick up Battle Trozei when it goes on sale.

Jhoan

So tempted to check out Mario 3D Land for $20 even though I would want to get the physical version at some point. I can only hope that Fire Emblem: Awakening hits $20 as well. Decisions to be made for sure.

Salsa

oh man

Im saving money for smash bros 3DS but this might be the only time Fire Emblem goes on sale on the eshop

fuckfuckfuck

wont be able to resist if it hits $20.. but I bet it's gonna be $30

Hopefully they'll put Nintendo Land on the eShop for that Mii sale and not just like Tomodachi Life and Wii U Party.

I'd also really like Steel Diver on the eShop, NOA...

Looking for 30 in Eshop cre3dit for US store, will pay trhough paypal. If someone could lend a hand PM.

Already tried at the BST, but just in case i decided to post here. Sorry for the slight deviation.

Is that list incomplete?

It wasn't a launch game, it came a full year after launch. Still fairly old though.

Miker

oh man

Im saving money for smash bros 3DS but this might be the only time Fire Emblem goes on sale on the eshop

fuckfuckfuck

wont be able to resist if it hits $20.. but I bet it's gonna be $30

For what it's worth, Fire Emblem has kept its value at retail really well - I don't think you'd be able to find a retail copy for $30 shipped. I think most people would call $30 for Awakening to be a pretty good deal given the market.

bobawesome

"Massive". Just for clarification, when I read massive as it relates to sales I think heavy discounts, not just 20 games where you save a few dollars.

Top Bottom