• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros.3D Mario game, Mario Kart etc @ E3

Teknoman

The-Wonderful-101-660x350.jpg

I mean new first party franchise. Wonderful 101 is going to be awesome, but i'd like to see a new franchise/non-revived franchise from Nintendo that wasnt a set of mini-games. We havent seen that since...what...the Gamecube era?

I mean new first party franchise. Wonderful 101 is going to be awesome, but i'd like to see a new franchise/non-revived franchise from Nintendo that wasnt a set of mini-games. We havent seen that since...what...the Gamecube era?
xenoblade?
monolith software is a first party developer so...

Toparaman

Banned
Not really excited about Mario Kart and Smash Bros, they've pretty much depleted the possibilities, and the last iterations felt kind of stale because of that.

I think the main area for improvement is the single-player mode and the online. Subspace was terrible. You have the whole Nintendo world to draw from, and you're going to make me fight through hordes of generic enemies in generic locations? Hopefully they do something closer to Melee's adventure mode, but with the length and bosses of Subspace, and cutscenes.

And online Brawl was the worst online gaming experience of my life. Please at least get the online multiplayer to 1996 standards, Nintendo.

What's the gafsensus on the probability of having an actual playable SSB4?

I'm betting it will be playable at Best Buy and E3. It's the sort of series that gets people crowding around the TV, and I'm sure Nintendo knows it.

Steel Diver was a 3DS launch title.

I think he's looking for a new IP that has memorable characters and world. We haven't gotten that since Pikmin (not a huge success), and before that, Pokemon (huge success).

Personally, I'd be happy enough if some of the dormant existing franchises were revived. Namely Starfox and Mother.

Darryl

Banned
What's the gafsensus on the probability of having an actual playable SSB4?

i've been saying that Smash could be a holiday '13 release for years now. i think it is very possible. we know they know they needed this out ASAP after launch. we have no idea how much work was done internally by teams like HAL or externally by namco-bandai before Sakurai jumped on board to direct. we know already that they don't care if Sakurai is on board to direct the game, they will proceed with or without him. even a holiday '13 release would give 20 months of Sakurai influence.

so i think it is possible still

wait W101 is a set of minigames?

Teknoman

wait W101 is a set of minigames?

No but its developed by Platinum games, and they arent a first party Nintendo studio. Got corrected early on, so I guess what I meant to say was a new franchise created by Miyamoto or another well known like Abstract said.

MCN

Banned

Dillon's Rolling Western? Pushmo/Pullblox?

Darryl

Banned
No but its developed by Platinum games, and they arent a first party Nintendo studio.

ah i see. i wouldn't get your hopes up then. I think Nintendo might create some new franchises but i think Nintendo Land and Xenoblade are the two major internally developed first-party Nintendo franchises that we'll see in awhile. i bet we'll get another towards the end of the consoles lifespan, probably not anytime soon.

Soma Bringer? X? Last Story? Pandora's Tower? Disaster?

really want Last Story 2, it'd be so awesome on the gamepad :<

HardRojo

Discuss = Showing slides of concept art, system implementations, new mechanics, no actual gameplay.

Will be interested when they release a trailer during E3's Nintendo Direct.

I'd be okay with a 3D mario game set in the mushroom kingdom since we've only TECHNICALLY had 1, but I'd say barely at that (Mario 64 takes place in Peach's Castle, which is TECHNICALLY in the mushroom kingdom, but since you never leave the courtyard.... I'd say it doesn't count)

I'm still hoping Nintendo will shake things up. I don't want Galaxy in 3D... I want a new take (for 3D mario). Give me a universe that's more like Mario and Luigi. Make it heavily comedic/slapstick with a more cartoony style Mario (and Luigi... I can dream right?). Give us that Mario jabbering conversations, give us the overly exaggerated expressions when things happen, and yes... even give us a real story!

MCN

Banned
So people are taking the words of a man whose first language is not English at absolute face value?

Discuss = Showing slides of concept art, system implementations, new mechanics, no actual gameplay.

Will be interested when they release a trailer during E3's Nintendo Direct.
They said 3D Mario and Mario Kart were going to be playable at E3, so those two 100% will hace a trailer.

AntMurda

Definitely in the Sega is developing Mario Kart camp. Probably with Sonic, maybe with other Nintendo properties to boot!

SEGA doesn't even develop Sonic All-Stars Racing internally. Nintendo could technically hire Sumo Digital directly if they wanted to oursource Mario Kart. Then again, Sonic All-Stars Racing just came out last Fall, no way Sumo Digital could develop a Mario Kart 8 anytime this year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
When a company is 125 years old you have to ask yourself if you're gonna be the one to let it sink.

Birathen

Someone post me that Iwata at the club-gif, that one gets me nice and hyped.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Xbox-reveal, Nintendo E3 "for the regular people" directs and my first E3 coverage.

All I ask for is a "oh.. And one more thing BAM, MEGATON OF THE DECADE", please understand.

jmizzal

Their introduction to the booth thing is Tuesday morning right?

If Nintendo is smart they would do the Direct the week before E3 so they have that week to themselves before the next gen blowout occurs that Monday.

I'm think the NDs will be Thurs June 6th 3DS, and Friday June 7th WiiU, and on Tues June 11th will be the media showcase were they play games after Reggie and Miyamoto talk

When a company is 125 years old you have to ask yourself if you're gonna be the one to let it sink.

Coca-Cola is 127 years old and I don't think anyone is bothering to worry about that. :p

For Nintendo's sake, let's hope they have some new conceptual games that can sell the GamePad to a larger audience.

MCN

Banned
I wonder how many more people will come in and post something similar to this like nintendo doesn't have new I.P already.

I wonder how many of those same people will be fawning over the next Xbox when Halo, Forza and Gears are announced for it, with maybe a Perfect Dark reboot.

FluxWaveZ

SOME Best Buys. 100 across US and CA. And not all demos.

I've always thought E3 demos should be publicly available and spread across Best Buys in NA is a good step, but I don't know why they wouldn't just offer them online. An online SSB4 demo after E3 would get me to buy a Wii U immediately.

Top Bottom