• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
... So I know what's going on.

Landlord dude is lying to landlord bae about paying the bills.

Which, btw, doesn't make me any happier.

akira28

I owe people in here an apology. I"m sorry. That's all I'll say as I have no excuses. We can go on our separate ways like usual but I just wanted to express apologies.

Hey Cindi. welcome back. sorry that any of that happened. don't be a stranger if you don't have to.

edit: Chiffy Rest in Peace.

Shy

Rx2Rgft.gif

Finally watched that Shield finale
Was Gotham levels of good til every scene Fitz talked then whole Yo-Yo storyline
Totally didn't see that
Ghost Rider using Dr Strange film portals

Now this Supergirl finale is dumb as fuck. The show never has enough Luthor don't know why I bother checking in on it

Mornin' Everyone.

____

Could be a Stylemaster but I need to see the crown, will edit when I find it.

Source: I own a lot of hats.
I ended up getting a Round Crown Top Fedora that looks like 85% like it, trying to cosplay this fool for the big convention in Dallas soon

Also seriously fuck Supergirl I don't think I've ever seen a stupider step up to a shows next season. Pulled out all the shitty setups without just going black

evil looking black baby spaceship, black robes/hoods, vampire behavior
might as well say we represent the nikkas and evil

Zaverious

I haven't even watched the last 3 Supergirl episodes. I feel like I should just drop it as I wasn't really that into it in the first place really. I felt it was pretty strong with the couple Superman episodes at the beginning of this season but then it just went downhill.

I haven't even watched the last 3 Supergirl episodes. I feel like I should just drop it as I wasn't really that into it in the first place really. I felt it was pretty strong with the couple Superman episodes at the beginning of this season but then it just went downhill.
See I think it would be passable if they didn't seem like they were overreaching for these season arc villains. Everything seemingly came from 2 places in a span of 1 hour of Kypton exploding

I ended up getting a Round Crown Top Fedora that looks like 85% like it, trying to cosplay this fool for the big convention in Dallas soon

Also seriously fuck Supergirl I don't think I've ever seen a stupider step up to a shows next season. Pulled out all the shitty setups without just going black

evil looking black baby spaceship, black robes/hoods, vampire behavior
might as well say we represent the nikkas and evil

I got real confused cause it seems like he wears two types of fedoras both felt, one with a center dent crown, and another with an open crown, ah well. Its a dope hat.

I got real confused cause it seems like he wears two types of fedoras both felt, one with a center dent crown, and another with an open crown, ah well. Its a dope hat.
Going to try and be all the date to them k-drama girls. Freaking Goblin is way too stylish for no reason but he had infinite money and no real outfit

Woohoo, I just got Lucio's smooth emote from a lootbox and bought Bastion's train dance with gold. I'm so happy this morning. Now all I need is 76's dad dance, Sombra's shuffle, Mercy's hustle and I'm set. :D

Slayven

Yeah those SF reviews are right where i expect them to be, that first person mode bullshit let me know they were on some bullshit. It should have been 20 bucks

Slayven

Did Slay compromise your account or are you now a parrot instead of a horse?

Don't be mad cause the man is spitting the truth.

The only way you should be paying 40 dollars for a Street Fighter in 2017, is for a Street Fighter EX boxset. Cause Skullmania is worth the cheddar

Sch1sm

Google Images is far too strong.

Not my fault y'all can't handle the truth

You sure you aren't just envious since you can't play games with no thumbs? Go get your hooves fitted.

Don't be mad cause the man is spitting the truth.

The only way you should be paying 40 dollars for a Street Fighter in 2017, is for a Street Fighter EX boxset. Cause Skullmania is worth the cheddar

Who paid $40? I paid $0. Amazon forgot to charge me at release.

andthebeatgoeson

Thanks for this.
You take Long Island—when he’s building the LIE, Long Island isn’t developed. Suffolk County is nothing but potato farms. The eastern half of Nassau is pretty much a farming area. And portions of the Queens, the northeastern portion is just farms. Everybody is saying to him—it’s not hindsight—people were saying to him at the time, so if you build this road, the minute you build it out to make an exit, you’re gonna have development there. They said the thing to do was build it with a light rail line, down the center. If you do that, it’ll be like the old towns of Long Island, like Great Neck and Port Washington. They’ll be little apartment houses near each exit, and the people who want to go into New York by train will have that option. People who want to use cars can still use cars, but a lot of people will take the train. If you don’t do that everybody’s gonna have to take cars.
In addition to that, land was really cheap. If I remember this, the right-of-way he was buying for this was 200 feet. And they said, but all you need for two light rail lines happens to be an extra 40 feet. So whatever the amount was, if you just add 4 percent more, you can add a light rail line. He was determined not to allow mass transit. He wouldn’t put the light rail in.
They said, if you won’t put the light rail in, at least buy the right-of-way, because now if you do that we’ll have the land to have the light rail line and every 10 miles or so we can add huge parking fields. If you don’t do that, they said, no one will ever be able to buy it because it’ll get too expensive.
Moses was a real genius, he didn’t want that to happen in the future. He engineered the footings of the LIE to be too light for anything but cars, so you can’t ever put a light rail there. He condemned Long Island to be this car-centered place.
So when I say that one man not only shaped New York but shaped it for centuries to come, because now how can you overcome that? All the people who live in northeastern Queens, or Co-op City in the Bronx, and all of Suffolk and a lot of Nassau County, they’re condemned to use cars. It’s not easy to use mass transit. Moses came along with his incredible vision, and vision not in a good sense. It’s like how he built the bridges too low.
I remember his aide, Sid Shapiro, who I spent a lot of time getting to talk to me, he finally talked to me. And he had this quote that I’ve never forgotten. He said Moses didn’t want poor people, particularly poor people of color, to use Jones Beach, so they had legislation passed forbidding the use of buses on parkways.
Then he had this quote, and I can still hear him saying it to me. “Legislation can always be changed. It’s very hard to tear down a bridge once it’s up.” So he built 180 or 170 bridges too low for buses.
We used Jones Beach a lot, because I used to work the night shift for the first couple of years, so I’d sleep til 12 and then we’d go down and spend a lot of afternoons at the beach. It never occurred to me that there weren’t any black people at the beach.
So Ina and I went to the main parking lot, that huge 10,000-car lot. We stood there with steno pads, and we had three columns: Whites, Blacks, Others. And I still remember that first column—there were a few Others, and almost no Blacks. The Whites would go on to the next page. I said, God, this is what Robert Moses did. This is how you can shape a metropolis for generations.
See, I was learning all this stuff. Now it sounds like I know it. But I’m learning this stuff one thing at a time
We know these things but it hurts reading them.

I sit in Atlanta traffic and wonder why the streets are not logical. The grid work in Philly makes it easy to move thru the city, walking and driving. I've heard rumors that city planners, on different areas of the country, have set cities up to be useful, only to certain people. Keep the blacks or the 'poor' out.

It's why i can't take a train to the new braves stadium.

Evidence.

Pieces of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom