• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Anyone here collecting the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards? I bought a few packs hoping to get Rosalina with no such luck. I have two Bowser baseball cards, and one Bowser Jr. tennis card if someone would like to trade?

Wasn't sure where to post this so I figured the amiibo thread would be best, sorry if I'm incorrect.

Tyeforce

Anyone here collecting the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards? I bought a few packs hoping to get Rosalina with no such luck. I have two Bowser baseball cards, and one Bowser Jr. tennis card if someone would like to trade?

Wasn't sure where to post this so I figured the amiibo thread would be best, sorry if I'm incorrect.
I am!
Soooooo... Uh, anyone else collecting the Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards?

R4AEFiT.jpg

I'm guessing this series is going to be difficult to complete... I don't expect many others to pick them up, unfortunately. =/

I only have 56/90 so far from 17 packs (still waiting on 3 more from Amazon, though). I'm afraid it's gonna be tough to get the other 34 cards in the series...
I think I've got some duplicate Rosalina cards, and I might be wanting to trade. I really wish I could just trade locally like I was able to do with most of the Animal Crossing cards, but it doesn't look like anyone's really bothering to collect them near me, so I might have to resort to online trades anyway... It's just such a hassle mailing a bunch of trades out, and costly too. ._.

I am!

I think I've got some duplicate Rosalina cards, and I might be wanting to trade. I really wish I could just trade locally like I was able to do with most of the Animal Crossing cards, but it doesn't look like anyone's really bothering to collect them near me, so I might have to resort to online trades anyway... It's just such a hassle mailing a bunch of trades out, and costly too. ._.
If you're still in need of animal crossing cards I have tons of doubles left that I've been trying to get rid of. Just shoot me a message and maybe we can figure something out. Thanks for your reply!

Tyeforce

If you're still in need of animal crossing cards I have tons of doubles left that I've been trying to get rid of. Just shoot me a message and maybe we can figure something out. Thanks for your reply!
I also have plenty of duplicate Animal Crossing amiibo cards, but I've already completely all 5 series of those, so I don't need anymore. I made a post in the amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread if you wanna see everything I have for trade: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232780293&postcount=593

I have 3 duplicates of 76 (Rosalina - Soccer), but that's all I've got for Rosalina to trade.

WatTsu

Picked up Callie and Marie today. They don't really do anything in Splatoon and I don't have a copy of it at the moment, but they MIGHT do something in Splatoon 2 and I can't take the chance.

It's like 2014 all over again.

Jawmuncher

Picked up Callie and Marie today. They don't really do anything in Splatoon and I don't have a copy of it at the moment, but they MIGHT do something in Splatoon 2 and I can't take the chance.

It's like 2014 all over again.

Smart Move.
I fully expect they'll do something in splatoon 2, and then their price will sky rocket.
I'm curious if the game will recognize the recolors of the inklings and squids as their own amiibos.

WatTsu

Smart Move.
I fully expect they'll do something in splatoon 2, and then their price will sky rocket.
I'm curious if the game will recognize the recolors of the inklings and squids as their own amiibos.

My guess is they'll all scan the same - at least I hope so.

(Still need to track down either variant of the Squid amiibo. That one will be tough to find at a not-crazy price.)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's very simple: buy everything because they could be used in anything ever!

Chorazin

My guess is they'll all scan the same - at least I hope so.

(Still need to track down either variant of the Squid amiibo. That one will be tough to find at a not-crazy price.)

Really? I bought a Japanese Orange Squid for $14 on Amazon a few weeks ago.

RootCause

It's very simple: buy everything because they could be used in anything ever!
Or just buy the ones you like. :p
It's Zelda/FE/Metroid with the occasional third party amiibo ever since I finished the smash line. Skipped the Mario series, and the AC ones. Feels good. :)

Any word on whether the Zelda amiibos from Smash or 30th Anniversary are getting reprinted? I'd love to get my hands on SSB Link, Sheik and the Wind Waker set.

Got Qbby, thanks Nintendo Australia!

Does it actually do anything with bye-bye box boy?

In the game, it has qbby as a potential amiibo to unlock stuff a longside the Kirkby amiibo.

I haven't got a qbby amiibo (I'm in the uk) so I can't really test it.

I kinda wonder if I wait till E3 they'll announce the Box Boy Trilogy and amiibo for the US, but I'm not... super hopeful. After ChibiRobo I can't really see them doing essentially the same thing (super niche 3DS game with packed-in amiibo) only to have them sit and warm shelves.

So, assuming E3 comes and goes without an announcement, where would be the best/cheapest place to get Qbby?

Honestly having region specific amiibo feels super shitty to me. I mean I get it from a corporate side, BoxBoy might not sell a ton in the US and the character is probably less known than ChibiRobo so why bring him out over here, but it still sucks. We even got Famicom ROB in the US, we should get Qbby too ;___;

D.Lo

Does it actually do anything with bye-bye box boy?

In the game, it has qbby as a potential amiibo to unlock stuff a longside the Kirkby amiibo.

I haven't got a qbby amiibo (I'm in the uk) so I can't really test it.
it adds a Game Boy mode to the game.

I don't have BBBB yet though, still need to finish BBB!

it adds a Game Boy mode to the game.

I don't have BBBB yet though, still need to finish BBB!

Yeah. You also get that if yu have the 2 previous games installed as well. I thought that they completely removed all functionality and rewards for it.

Thanks for doing it!

The_Kid

So what amiibos are currently hard to get? I haven't bought any since like the kirby ones last year. I need to catch up.

Are the Zelda ones hard to find?

Edit: Geez the Anniversary ones are spendy. Am I just better off waiting for a reprint?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So what amiibos are currently hard to get? I haven't bought any since like the kirby ones last year. I need to catch up.

Are the Zelda ones hard to find?

Edit: Geez the Anniversary ones are spendy. Am I just better off waiting for a reprint?

Yes and yes. Since BotW came out and uses all Zelda Amiibos, all the Zelda Amiibos evaporated from store shelves. You may as well wait for a reprint on those. It'll probably happen just as people stop caring about BotW, knowing Nintendo.

ChrisD

Those damn AC amiibo are the reason why we can't have nice things.

It's funny because they're really nice in quality, but this is so true. My Target quit carrying amiibo period, they still have all of their Lotties and Timmy & Tommy on the racks.

At full price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meanwhile, at my Walmart, they had about 12 of those Bokoblin amiibo, but none of the other BotW ones.

I'll nab him once it's under $10, but damn, I sure hope the others don't become rare.

HF2014

Are the Zeldas amiibo ( Link all version, Zelda, etc) currently at high prices everywhere from scalpers going to get reprint? I want to grab some, but jesus, like $100 for OoT Link is oretty ridiculous. Where they priced lower before BoTw was release?

PtM

Banned
Are the Zeldas amiibo ( Link all version, Zelda, etc) currently at high prices everywhere from scalpers going to get reprint? I want to grab some, but jesus, like $100 for OoT Link is oretty ridiculous. Where they priced lower before BoTw was release?
Probably, but still scarce.

D.Lo

The bokoblin amiibo was such a dumb move on Nintendo's part.
So many options and they chose... the ugly boring pig monster. Seriously the only people who would have bought it are full set collectors.

It might have been a bit spoliery but I would have bought a Purah, so Kawaii! Or Mipha, Sydon, a Lynel...

I dunno, makes sense as a generic enemy figure to include with the first batch - they've been THE generic, standard enemy for the 3D Zeldas since Wind Waker. I imagine grander enemies like Lynels they wanted to be more of a surprise, and NPCs seem like a wave 2 thing. I get why not as many people want it, but I'd like to add it to my collection. It's just the lowest priority one and I still need Zelda. :p

I'm surprised that Horse Link isn't too popular. I see him everywhere.

Can anyone confirm it Toys R Us got a restock recently? Thinking about venturing to one a little further than me.

RedBoot

still waiting for a smash king dedede reprint. never happened...

Wasn't there some talk about how some of the Smash amiibo were much more complex/expensive to produce, even some requiring actual hand painting?

I'm guessing a lot of the ones that never got reprinted like Dedede, Meta Knight, Wario, etc, were amongst those. So Kirby Series Dedede is probably all we're ever going to get at this point.

PtM

Banned
Wasn't there some talk about how some of the Smash amiibo were much more complex/expensive to produce, even some requiring actual hand painting?

I'm guessing a lot of the ones that never got reprinted like Dedede, Meta Knight, Wario, etc, were amongst those. So Kirby Series Dedede is probably all we're ever going to get at this point.
I've bought a used DDD that had splatters of red on the white inside of its mantle.
So yeah, definitely hand-drawn.

I just carved them off with a knife, good enough.

LiK

^at least it's just gold and silver. if it was a custom variant paint job, that would be even more annoying.

shoot! smash king dedede was hand painted? damn...btw, meta knight got reprinted for bestbuy. i remember bc i got them from a guy that worked at best buy at the time.
i traded lucina (at the time rare) for meta knight.

Top Bottom