• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Yeah, what original culinary creation do you Ohioans have to offer the rest of the US? Your Skyline Chili?

Had skyline for lunch, and it was great!

also these!

Bt-Hu4YCIAEUpGR.jpg

buckeyes-9.jpg

andycapps

What does Georgia think of KFC's Georgia Gold Chicken? It tastes nothing like Chick Fil A or Zaxbys so I don't know where they got the idea Georgia uses a mustard base.

No clue where they got the idea but I had some the other day and it was pretty good.

Yeah, what original culinary creation do you Ohioans have to offer the rest of the US? Your Skyline Chili?

Cincinnati "chili" is disgusting. I'm trying to think of original contributions to food from here that don't suck. We have a lot of good food but don't know of anything original.

I mean we have Piada, that's pretty good. It's basically Italian Chipotle.

Lunar15

Pasta in a burrito sounds extremely wrong. What is it with Ohio and putting pasta in random food?

UF has a Chic-Fil-A staring down a Zaxbys on Archer. A horrible combo that was right around the corner from my apartment. I pretty much gained my entire freshman 15 at these two establishments. Those and Bentos, which I still miss to this day.

El_Chino

UF has Chic fil a, zaxbys, midnight cookies, sweet dreams ice cream, pdq, publix sandwiches, southern charm kitchen just to name a few...
Pasta in a burrito sounds extremely wrong. What is it with Ohio and putting pasta in random food?

UF has a Chic-Fil-A staring down a Zaxbys on Archer. A horrible combo that was right around the corner from my apartment. I pretty much gained my entire freshman 15 at these two establishments. Those and Bentos, which I still miss to this day.
The moment I arrived in Gainesville I knew I was gaining wait, and I gained 15 pounds within 9 months.

andycapps

You don't have to get the pasta in it. Think people are just used to putting a grain of some sort with their meat and veggies. I get the pasta bowl there.

If you're in Texas, apparently Piada has quite a new franchises there. One in Indy. Bunch more coming this year apparently.

You don't have to get the pasta in it. Think people are just used to putting a grain of some sort with their meat and veggies. I get the pasta bowl there.

If you're in Texas, apparently Piada has quite a new franchises there. One in Indy. Bunch more coming this year apparently.

Minny and Michigan too.

Also we got Jeni's if youre into weird hipster ice cream (also listeria)

andycapps

Stuck in Ohio. Please send help.

We cooled it off just for you.

Andy, we lost two players to graduate transfers today.

Brice Ramsey and Reggie Wilkerson

Welcome to roster management. We're at about 87 after they left counting a couple walk ons that were previously given one year scholarships. So I don't think we're done. Gonna see a couple more leave after or during spring practices.

That said. No loss. Wilkerson would have at most been added depth at DB. Ramsey just didn't pan out as a QB for us. Think it would have been different if Bobo had stayed but it is what it is at this point.

andycapps

Something something oversigning something something SEC
Ohio State is going to have to do a lot of roster management this year. Ironic considering I think that oversigning.com site was run by a tOSU fan.

But you're not wrong. I knew this day was coming when we hired Kirby.

Ohio State is going to have to do a lot of roster management this year. Ironic considering I think that oversigning.com site was run by a tOSU fan.

But you're not wrong. I knew this day was coming when we hired Kirby.

Think we're only 1 or 2 guys over right now

@mzenitz said:
Da'Ron Payne's spring testing numbers: A 545-pound bench press, a 635-pound squat and a 5.03 40 at 310 pounds

This is absolutely ridiculous. Dylan Moses ran a 4.46 at 235 too.

Surprised by Hurts 4.48, even hand timed.

I worked at Bento on Newberry. Please tell me you never got the Spicy Cream Chicken. That shit was all sugar.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You've been here long enough to see the WelcometoOhio.png picture. This is on you.
I know. :( Gotta go where the clients are, though. This is my 11th state in 3 weeks.
We cooled it off just for you.
No shit, assholes. This southern boy was not happy driving through bumfuck Indiana and Ohio with ice on the road.
I was just there. They tried to trap me, but I escaped.
I'm hoping I can do the same. Toledo last night. Dayton tonight. Then, God willing, freedom.

andycapps

Think we're only 1 or 2 guys over right now

Numbers were higher after signing day, right?

I know. :( Gotta go where the clients are, though. This is my 11th state in 3 weeks.

No shit, assholes. This southern boy was not happy driving through bumfuck Indiana and Ohio with ice on the road.

I'm hoping I can do the same. Toledo last night. Dayton tonight. Then, God willing, freedom.
Ice sucks. This southern boy hates that too. Snow is a bit more manageable as long as it's being cleared and the roads treated.

What would you recommend from Dayton?

Warped Wing brewing is one of the best breweries in Ohio, its right in downtown and their tap room is super cool. Theres also a tiny bbq place close to it thats decent, but warped wing also has good food.

Toxic Brewing is pretty close to them too, but are much more non traditional styles. They do a lot of belgian style beers as well as a lot of barrel aged ones.

If youre looking for just good beers at any bar you cant go wrong with anything from Rhinegeist, Platform, or Columbus Brew Co

andycapps

Warped Wing brewing is one of the best breweries in Ohio, its right in downtown and their tap room is super cool. Theres also a tiny bbq place close to it thats decent, but warped wing also has good food.

Toxic Brewing is pretty close to them too, but are much more non traditional styles. They do a lot of belgian style beers as well as a lot of barrel aged ones.

If youre looking for just good beers at any bar you cant go wrong with anything from Rhinegeist, Platform, or Columbus Brew Co
Obviously Great Lakes is great as well. Not sure if they're available in Bama.

I'd hit Toxic, Warped Wing and Lucky's Tap Room since they're all close to each other. Lucky's usually has a really solid tap list.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Obviously Great Lakes is great as well. Not sure if they're available in Bama.

I'd hit Toxic, Warped Wing and Lucky's Tap Room since they're all close to each other. Lucky's usually has a really solid tap list.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. The attorney I'm with wants to eat at a german restaurant, so...

Top Bottom