• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Is the hood guy any good? I just got him!

I have deleted the covers when I got them. His yellow power requires way too much AP to be useful. The others didn't grab me.

Is Moonstone's gravity warp power useful for something? She just randomly moves three tiles around. What is the strategy behind this?

NomarTyme

I have deleted the covers when I got them. His yellow power requires way too much AP to be useful. The others didn't grab me.

Is Moonstone's gravity warp power useful for something? She just randomly moves three tiles around. What is the strategy behind this?

Thanks for the advice.

Well, it's some free tile movement (don't lose the turn, no tick of countdown timers), so if it's your turn and the board is in a crap state it might help you out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is one of those tournaments that has no benefit for jumping in late, right? Since it's it is all points based?
Correct. I'm already up to 311 points with only 1 Impossible mission for 26 points not done (Pyro lvl 146, Lietenant lvl 90, Yelena Belova lvl 90) and one Trivial mission that I can repeat but will only give me 4 points currently. It says new missions every other day.

This is one of those tournaments that has no benefit for jumping in late, right? Since it's it is all points based?

Well you might be in a worser bucket and get a higher placement because of it but the odds are low.

Also this isn't a new chapter it's the old one. But I welcome the opportunity to conquer it with better characs.

Landed at like 172 :D

I think I was 196. Score!

(I had to sell Bagman, again, to make room for Moonstone. Third time I've sold him off to make room. Maybe with those 3 covers I might have got to like him, but still, Bagman will always be my "sell this jerk if I have to make room" character).

NomarTyme

Correct. I'm already up to 311 points with only 1 Impossible mission for 26 points not done (Pyro lvl 146, Lietenant lvl 90, Yelena Belova lvl 90) and one Trivial mission that I can repeat but will only give me 4 points currently. It says new missions every other day.

Same. Captain bonus power really helped. I got all the way up to 470 pts do that repeat mission.

Came in first during the hood lighting round. Now with all covers he is somewhat useful.
That is good to know. I still have five days left because of lack of roster spots.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Came in first during the hood lighting round. Now with all covers he is somewhat useful.

i used to have one of him, but i got more useful covers in the meantime so i pushed him out. i ran out of slots, otherwise i would have kept him since he is 3 stars.

i got him like my first week of playing so he helped me storm through a whole prologue mission.

:p

Just pulled my first X-Force Wolverine thanks to an ISO-8 token. He starts off at level 30 and you get a huge rush knowing how awesome he is until you realize there's no way in a million years I'm going to be able to level him up anytime soon.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do you guys actually read the story blurbs? I'm not one to skip cutscenes or dialogue in games, I think I gave this one a fair chance when doing the first two story campaigns back then, but it seemed so run of the mill and uninteresting... now I'm always fast pressing next whenever there's dialogue, should I redeem myself and start to pay attention again?

Well you might be in a worser bucket and get a higher placement because of it but the odds are low.

Also this isn't a new chapter it's the old one. But I welcome the opportunity to conquer it with better characs.

Missions refresh daily. 3-star Spidey is a chance reward from some of the missions.

Thanks!

I burned through the missions last night and am sitting at 664 red ISO but no 3-star Spidey yet.

Is Captain America any good once he's been leveled? I'm not sure who to spend my ISO on at this point. My main team is:

Thor (5,3,5) - 85
Storm Classic (3,4,2) - 53
Black Widow (5,5) - 40

I fall back on these ones occasionally.:

Juggernaut (5,5) - 34
Storm Modern (4,4,5) - 33
Iron Man 35 (5,5,3) - 30

The maxed characters I never use are:
Venom (5,5) - 15
Hawkeye Classic (5,5) - 15
Daken (5,5) - 6

But now I'm sitting here with a bunch of people I don't know what to do with:

Black Widow Grey Suit (0,1,2) - 28
Iron Man 40 (2,0,1) - 28
Bag Man (2,3,5) - 16
Hawkeye Modern (2,1,4) - 15
Bullseye (2,2) - 13
Captain America (4,5,2) - 12
Wolverine Astonishing (5,4,2) - 6
Yelena Belova (5,4) - 6
Magneto Marvel Now (1,0,3) - 6
Moonstone (1,2,1) - 6
Black Widow Original (2,1) - 6

And these guys cannot be leveled without covers so they're just sitting doing nothing:
Magneto Classic (0,0,1) - 15
Doom (1,0) - 15

Does anybody have some suggestions on where to focus my leveling? I'd really like to flesh out my "B" team (or even create a "C" team) as my current crop of bolded characters above are useless from a damage perspective.

I have done 2 unstable ISO missions and sit at #2 in my bucket. It'll be so sweet if somehow that position holds over the next few days as I do more.

How are some people in my bucket at 1100 points in the Iso tourney? I've done everything possible and I'm only at around 480. Would love to get some Invisible Woman!

How are some people in my bucket at 1100 points in the Iso tourney? I've done everything possible and I'm only at around 480. Would love to get some Invisible Woman!

Without any grinding you should be landing around 600. Are you sure you've done them all?

You can get around 30 points several times from each of the two replayable missions...eventually it'll go down to 20ish, and lower.

Chanser

I got Wolverine X-Force and Iron Man model 40 from 2 star recruit covers.

Edit: Unlocked another Wolverine X-Force.

How the fuck did someone get over 3500 pts in the red iso...

Is very easy. I have 2825 with Thor (45), Iron Man 35 (50) and a low level Captain America (22) and I don't play intensively. I don't even complete the most difficult missions.

There are two missions (one very difficult, another one easy) that can be repeated. Each time that you finish it, the reward gets lower, but it get higher with time. You can repeat that mission a few dozen times during the day (after completing the other ones) and get a good score boost.

I suppose that if you have luck and you have a couple of maxed **, you can repeat the missions without even need to heal your characters.

NomarTyme

Is very easy. I have 2825 with Thor (45), Iron Man 35 (50) and a low level Captain America (22) and I don't play intensively. I don't even complete the most difficult missions.

There are two missions (one very difficult, another one easy) that can be repeated. Each time that you finish it, the reward gets lower, but it get higher with time. You can repeat that mission a few dozen times during the day (after completing the other ones) and get a good score boost.

I suppose that if you have luck and you have a couple of maxed **, you can repeat the missions without even need to heal your characters.

I see! I thought there was only one. I did not try the higher ones.

I just want to be in the top 50 to get the 500 hp points!

Memles

That new one with Daken and the super Maggia is a real ball breaker. They crushed my will to try.

I want to punch that mission in the face, if it had a face.

They all represent an equal threat that must be removed: Daken with his self-healing/strike tiles, Bullseye with his Protect tiles, and the hyper-powered Maggia with his crazy strike tiles (537 extra damage per attack). The Maggia has too much HP for him to be taken out before he can get started, and the chances of taking off a lot of that HP without Bullseye dropping protect tiles is slim. If I had a hyper-powered Storm (Classic) that would be one way to dig away at their HP, but I've been cruising through with my Cap/Thor/Juggernaut combo and am having trouble finding another combination that makes this even close to feasible.

linkent

Started this last week..
Who the fug design this daken character damn it.. Freaking imba shit..

My bracket competion is crazy.. Was on rank 10 before sleep.. Wake up at rank 100.. Think i will have to stay awake till 3am tonite..

Lucky for me to have captain america..
Wouldnt been able to do this mode without him..
Using widow/capt/storm currently..

Any tips on how to earn those iso?
Also which character do you guys thing is the best?
Cant find a site to view hero skills..

Keits

Developer
Beating Daken or Wolverine is all about killing them in one turn so their healing means nothing. Attack someone else while you build AP and then nuke the shit out of them.

Beating Daken or Wolverine is all about killing them in one turn so their healing means nothing. Attack someone else while you build AP and then nuke the shit out of them.

That is one serious Daken, though. Easier for me to just grind the repeatable levels on there for points.

And to the poster above, try Thor. He is my go-to damage man.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That is one serious Daken, though. Easier for me to just grind the repeatable levels on there for points.

And to the poster above, try Thor. He is my go-to damage man.
Yeah, I love my lvl 69 5/3/3 Thor. I have a Green Thor in my cache but I don't want to upgrade green. :(

hamchan

This game has me hooked. I'm thinking of waking up 6am in a day and a half to secure my top 50 spot in the ISO8 event.

Top Bottom