• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Although, if it's in the game then there may be a way to turn it on at will. Haven't found any settings in the config files yet. Is there a way to list the cvars in the console?
I searched high and low for a way to force DoF in that game (and many others). I don't think there's a command to force it. You can only enable\disable it.

It's weird because in 2 other UDK games I've played lately (Dream & Betrayer), DoF is basically on all the time.

midhras

Betrayerrrr!

9531002488_d762850e4f_o.png

9531000668_8ba098d3e4_o.png

why is it that when I use "e_screenshot_1" in crysis, I end up with a really blurry looking image that looks like someone poorly blended a bunch of shit in photoshop? it's not even the same aspect ratio I set the resolution to in the autoexec config file.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

alright. can't find anything. I give up....

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Betrayerrrr!

Since you have to use Tiledshot for that amount of detail I'm curious, could you force SSAA through Nividia Inspector and be able to have that visual quality in game? I mean, in theory it should work. But it seems like a LOT of detailed is added when you're rendering at such a high resolution, so I'm not sure.

It would be cool to see a comparison of the game with SSAA and a downsampled tiledshot.

why is it that when I use "e_screenshot_1" in crysis, I end up with a really blurry looking image that looks like someone poorly blended a bunch of shit in photoshop?

Here's a quick example:

Tiledshot
9530869639_e079e1cb60_o.png

Tiledshot settings
e_screenshot_width = 11520
e_screenshot_height = 4860
e_screenshot_quality = 100
e_screenshot_file_format = tga

SweetFX capture (what it should look like - for reference):
9533648638_3d36d28ea4_o.png

There's an easy fix for this :p ,just open the game then ALT-TAB to the desktop and then back to the game .The Tiledshot works as it should, don't know why this is happening :( (i was so frustrated trying to find a solution).

I wish it were that easy. Not working. Alt-tabbing puts my game into windowed mode. Going back into the game fullscreen doesn't seem to fix it. Tiledshots still come out like garbage.

It's fine. My screenshots probably wouldn't be worth the effort anyways.

Spazznid

There's an easy fix for this :p ,just open the game then ALT-TAB to the desktop and then back to the game .The Tiledshot works as it should, don't know why this is happening :( (i was so frustrated trying to find a solution).

Is that the Hi res mod on Facepunch? Gman, I mean. I don't remember the area under the eye looking like that...

midhras

It's fine. My screenshots probably wouldn't be worth the effort anyways.

Really?

GOD dammit neo. Snap out of it. If you want or need a big feather up your arse you can have it, because I need you to not be so self-deprecating. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I need your shots more than I do your tables. Now quit that driveling and astonish us with more of your signature clean shots. For god's sake: look at your track record.

@Alo: I didn't try forcing SSAA yet, but I suspect that some of the clarity comes from some shaders not rendering similarly when you're doing a tiledshot. I think I'm going to have a talk with the devs at some point, because I think that something in that tiledshot look should translate back to the normal game's aesthetic. In my opinion.

I'll try to make SSAA work sometime in the future and see what that does.

Darkdeus

Skyrim with Phinix ENB and lots of mods, including real clouds. Real clouds is really cool with godrays enabled but I wish it wasn't so buggy. I don't know how to get rid of the white outline around things. I really need to get back to Dark Souls tho but it's so easy to get distracted by all of the mods in Skyrim.

9532080043_fbf4eca841_o.jpg

9534849664_13bac90277_o.jpg

I have too much fun cycling through times of day. I absolutely can not get tiledshot to work in this game... so I've setup shortcuts to change my resolution to 6140x2590 with a hotkey, take a screenshot, and then switch back to my gameplay resolution.

9533218711_3f0d5e58ac_o.jpg

9536009740_f881a3bf75_o.jpg

Man, Crysis still looks so damn good. It is insane.
I agree to an extent. It is definitely one of the best looking games I've played recently. And it's so nice to not have to complain constantly about shitty textures and skyboxes for once (although there is banding). However, as you made note of, I'm using mods, capturing screens at a very high resolution, and cherry picking my time of day (lighting) for each shot. Still, great looking game. I'm enjoying what I'm seeing moreso than what I did in Crysis 3, which is a technically superior game (albeit a bit more boring).

For mods, I snagged a handful of what Stein posted here. Mostly textures and time of day, but the expanded mod actually modifies the levels a bit and gives you a handy in-game menu for tweaking settings :)

Liking those Crysis shots Neoenigma. Nice shot with the birds.

Thanks. Yeah, they just suddenly appeared ;) As always, great work with Chivalry.

Nice to see other people screwing around with Helix :) Nice way to remove HUDs as well, but some games share HUD shaders with other effects (grrrrr)

Yeah I managed to remove the HUD in Red Faction Guerilla aswell, but it also removes the menu so I'm waiting for the guy to add hotkeys so you can toggle it on/off.

Top Bottom