• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not sure what I'm doing for Spring Training yet myself. The Astros ST games are definitely the most convenient for me to watch (and by far the cheapest, it's like $10 for a seat right behind home plate) but it's the damn Astros. Maybe I'll catch some Braves games this year.

At Disney World? I will be at the Braves Phillies game.

Parch

NEOGAF Yahoo Fantasy Baseball

Note that I had to move up the draft time.

*** There are still 3 spots available. ***

Yahoo Head-to-Head, Live draft Sun Mar 25 5:00pm ET
League ID# 58484
Password: GAF

Sanjuro

Hearing talk all day about the Red Sox retiring Wakefield's number. Wakefield was always my favorite player to wear the uniform, but even I can't justify doing so.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In an era that has seen Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, Pedroia, and other, how is that off-brand motherfucker your favorite?

Never got caught doing roids.

Wakefield's career is absolutely amazing. Teams retiring players numbers isn't so much about statistical achievements as much as it is the legacy a player leaves behind, and with Wakefield I can see why fans want to see his number retired.

newjeruse

Never got caught doing roids.

Wakefield's career is absolutely amazing. Teams retiring players numbers isn't so much about statistical achievements as much as it is the legacy a player leaves behind, and with Wakefield I can see why fans want to see his number retired.
Because he's white?

hello newjeruse you work for mlb network correct, can you do a special on ollie perez follow him through training camp and his eventual come back. thanks

Sanjuro

In an era that has seen Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, Pedroia, and other, how is that off-brand motherfucker your favorite?

What is wrong with liking Wakefield? He was a member of the team since I was a kid, always loved to see players stick with one team for the long haul. Besides that, he genuinely loves the team and area. Always seemed like a down to earth guy.

newjeruse

What is wrong with liking Wakefield? He was a member of the team since I was a kid, always loved to see players stick with one team for the long haul. Besides that, he genuinely loves the team and area. Always seemed like a down to earth guy.
There's nothing wrong I guess. But if you told me the Sox have a young knuckleball pitcher who will stay with the team for the next 15 years I'd probably just stop watching baseball. That pitch is a pox on the sport.

Sanjuro

There's nothing wrong I guess. But if you told me the Sox have a young knuckleball pitcher who will stay with the team for the next 15 years I'd probably just stop watching baseball. That pitch is a pox on the sport.

Oh, go back and post on your fucking twitter Jose.

newjeruse

Oh, go back and post on your fucking twitter Jose.
Best player in the sport.

mlb_u_jbautista2_300.jpg

DAT SWING

yup he seem like it..

I thought he would pitch another 2-3 more years

eznark

Banned

Thank you for outing yourself as a jackass.

aFIGurANT

League ID# 58484

Can a newb to gaf and fantasy ball join still??? Would definitely not be a blight to the league and I'm only decent at football usually...

that's quite possible but at least Dunn, Rios and Peavy won't be part of the White Sox team after the 2014 season (2013 for Peavy) so the White Sox won't have 40+ mil of mostly useless hanging around at that point. Of course that doesn't mean that they won't trade for/sign more mostly useless players by then.

The Sox easily have the worst farm in the majors. Unless they go apeshit with free agents, I don't see them competing for at least 5 years, and probably longer than that.

clemenx

Banned

League ID# 58484

Took a spot here! Seems like it was the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom