• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

screen-shot-2014-12-02-at-10-50-47-pm.png

RIP Yogalla, you will always be the main character of this story in my heart

Bis interimitur qui suis armis perit.

Visceir

It's not an undeserved end to the character but... what a bummer :( Yogalla was a hilarious character. Definitely an awkward time to try to introduce a new character too. Haven't gotten to the end of the episode yet, will be interesting to see what Kyle has decided.

TTE

Seems like a fitting end, considering how Kyle was playing the character. Yogalla had hardly any redeemable qualities and it felt like Kyle was somewhat done with the character.

Regarding what Brad said about the next arc/story -- hope they all reroll new characters rather than have the old ones stick around. Even their other alt character seemed better and interesting.

Haven't finished watching the episode yet, but didn't really like the last arc of TTA and with this one I also enjoyed it more when they were moving from town to town. Would have liked to have see them take on smaller quests instead of facing red dragons and godly beasts non-stop

ito007

OMG now I got to go on a 5 hour media blackout before I can watch this tabletop

Edit: By the way I'm appreciating everyone hiding spoilers so far

sinxtanx

TTE 67

Power of the crystal changing the day before the invasion? Oh boy.
Snakes joining the party? Oh BOY.
Twenty sticks of dynamite in the bag of holding? OH BOY.

Yogalla died as he lived, confident that he would win.

dickroach

I really don't like that the podcast isn't up first thing on Wednesday. every other podcast I subscribe to on a specific day comes out at the start of that day, and I'm not paying $5/month for those.
just sayin

abrack08

I really don't like that the podcast isn't up first thing on Wednesday. every other podcast I subscribe to on a specific day comes out at the start of that day, and I'm not paying $5/month for those.
just sayin

I mean... I would like it to be up a little earlier so i can listen to it at work but I get the impression it goes up as soon as Jones is done with it, and they never promised it would be up in the morning. Probably due to how late they record it on Tuesday night. Don't really think that's a reasonable complaint. Just think of it as being up first thing Thursday morning if you have to, you're still getting it a day and a half before it goes up free.

just sayin

It does come out at a set time on Friday, the tier is to get it before that. This is the language we have on the tier.
"With this pledge you’ll get the Easy Allies video podcast as soon as we can possibly get it done, ahead of its scheduled Friday time."

The only way to do it at a set time would be to hold onto it after it's done and wait for whatever time we decide to schedule. So you're essentially asking us to put it up later.

Hasney

just sayin

Seems like a very artificial deadline... Every other podcast I subscribe to comes out af various points in the day. Like on a Friday, I have Edge and Christian at 9, 8-4 Play around 10 and Beastcast at 11.

Would you prefer they delayed it to Thursday early and Saturday normal just to have it at the start of the day in your specific timezone?

MrMette

just sayin

The "beginning/start of the day" is different for a lot of backers. For me (Belgium) we are 15 minutes into Thursday at the moment, for California (where EZA is), it is 3:15 PM on Wednesday and for Australia it is 8:15 AM on Thursday.
That's a huge difference. It is impossible to make everybody happy with the time they release something.

I don't have a problem with them putting it out as fast as they can. I don't care if it is the same time each week or not. If it's early, great, if not, I will listen/watch it later.
I am a $5 patron as well and you don't hear me complaining that the podcast releases for me on Thursday instead of Wednesday. I am just happy when it releases.

Budi

The "beginning of the day" is different for a lot of backers. For me (Belgium) we are 15 minutes into Thursday at the moment, for California (where EZA is), it is 3:15 PM on Wednesday and for Australia it is 8:15 AM on Thursday.

I don't have a problem with them putting it out as fast as they can. I don't care if it is the same time each week or not. If it's early, great, if not, I will listen/watch it later.
Absolutely this, it's quite insane for expect it to cater to one's personal timezone.

Also what Blood said. Didn't actually have no idea what it said in Patreon, haven't paid much attention to tiers.

Visceir

Seems like a very artificial deadline... Every other podcast I subscribe to comes out af various points in the day. Like on a Friday, I have Edge and Christian at 9, 8-4 Play around 10 and Beastcast at 11.

Would you prefer they delayed it to Thursday early and Saturday normal just to have it at the start of the day in your specific timezone?

Not that I'm personally upset over the situation, but I'd think in general being consistent with that kind of stuff greatly helps with audience retention. Setting a date that you know you can always meet and will usually beat by hours might have a more positive effect than a "iunno, somewhere between now and friday" -- would be also more professional.

Guess you could argue that this kind of stuff doesn't matter to them since they're patreon supported, but in this instance the minor complaint did come from someone who is paying for the podcast and is a patron...

Just something to consider.

MrMette

Not that I'm personally upset over the situation, but I'd think in general being consistent with that kind of stuff greatly helps with audience retention. Setting a date that you know you can always meet and will usually beat by hours might have a more positive effect than a "iunno, somewhere between now and friday" -- would be also more professional.

Guess you could argue that this kind of stuff doesn't matter to them since they're patreon supported, but in this instance the minor complaint did come from someone who is paying for the podcast and is a patron...

Doesn't the podcast always release around the same time publicly on Friday on youtube?
I didn't check this for the last few months, but I am quite sure this is the case.
It is slated for 9pm my time at least this week, I am not 100% sure if that's always the case or not.

It's just the time for patrons that's not always the same (afaik), but maybe I am wrong.
Maybe it releases x amount of time after it was released on patreon.

abrack08

I think this is the norm though. Several other podcasts/shows I listen to say "If you're a patron you'll get the episode as soon as we're done with it, otherwise wait until <specific time on specific day> and you can get it for free." As Blood said, the official podcast releases at a set time on Fridays.

Doesn't the podcast always release around the same time publicly on Friday on youtube?
I didn't check this for the last few months, but I am quite sure this is the case.
It is slated for 9pm my time at least this week, I am not 100% sure if that's always the case or not.

It's just the time for patrons that's not always the same (afaik), but maybe I am wrong.
Maybe it releases x amount of time after it was released on patreon.

It is always set to go live to the public at the same time on Fridays. I checked the Patreon posts on the past few months of podcasts too, and while there are exceptions, most of them have posted within about the same hour window. So even though patron access isn't scheduled for a specific hour, they have been pretty consistent.

Visceir

I think this is the norm though. Several other podcasts/shows I listen to say "If you're a patron you'll get the episode as soon as we're done with it, otherwise wait until <specific time on specific day> and you can get it for free." As Blood said, the official podcast releases at a set time on Fridays.

This started with dickroach's post who seemed to be unhappy about the uncertainty of when the podcast gets released. Hasney said "Seems like a very artificial deadline... " like it's a negative thing and I mostly replied to that pointing out that those artifical deadlines can have a positive side.

Also said that I don't personally have any issues with it, but it seemed like a patron did, Could give the patrons a specific date, even if it's a very generous one that gives Brandon plenty extra hours.

This started with dickroach's post who seemed to be unhappy about the uncertainty of when the podcast gets released. Hasney said "Seems like a very artificial deadline... " like it's a negative thing and I mostly replied to that pointing out that those artifical deadlines can have a positive side.

Also said that I don't personally have any issues with it, but it seemed like a patron did, Could give the patrons a specific date, even if it's a very generous one that gives Brandon plenty extra hours.

Well it is listed at 11:00 PM on the site schedule every week, even though I can't think of a time it's ever posted that late.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TTE

I love that Huber is rolling a character with a -1 to charisma yet seems to somehow have a 100% recruitment success rate, regardless of how ridiculous the situation.

I don't know how I'm going to recover after that TTE.

Anyways, I'm sure there hasn't been, but have there been any Dark Souls Retro updates lately? Like a lot of the allies (...and gaf), Souls is one of my favorite series and Bloodborne is like #2 of my favorite games (FF Tactics being #1). I eat up everything Souls, even Souls-like games whether they are good (Salt and Sanctuary, hopefully Eitr) or bad (Lords of the Fallen, most likely The Surge when I get around to it).

I cannot wait for it to drop.

TTE

I love that Huber is rolling a character with a -1 to charisma yet seems to somehow have a 100% recruitment success rate, regardless of how ridiculous the situation.

Cast "Create Food and Water" helps a lot.

Anyways, I'm sure there hasn't been, but have there been any Dark Souls Retro updates lately? Like a lot of the allies (...and gaf), Souls is one of my favorite series and Bloodborne is like #2 of my favorite games (FF Tactics being #1). I eat up everything Souls, even Souls-like games whether they are good (Salt and Sanctuary, hopefully Eitr) or bad (Lords of the Fallen, most likely The Surge when I get around to it).

I cannot wait for it to drop.

It is heavily in the works behind the scenes. Expecting another script to work through in the next couple days.

_Ryo_

TTE 67
Yogalla was legit my favourite character. He was an evil piece of shit but he was hilarious. RIP you crazy old fool.

Tabletop Escapades episode 67
It was a great episode all around. Yogalla literally being consumed by his greed and ego, Zhi Zhi having found a loving home with some dragonborns, Huber making the most of his Pokémon Trainer class, new character confirmed, etc. Could not have played out better.

demu

It does come out at a set time on Friday, the tier is to get it before that. This is the language we have on the tier.
"With this pledge you’ll get the Easy Allies video podcast as soon as we can possibly get it done, ahead of its scheduled Friday time.
I'm pretty sure it said "two days early" at the time when I became a patron.

I'm pretty sure it said "two days early" at the time when I became a patron.

It did at first, but we updated it not long afterward to more accurately reflect what to expect. As the Patreon is an ongoing thing, there are going to be adjustments from time to time based on what's realistic. Just like we first thought Cup of Jones could be done weekly.

UrbanRats

Latest episode of TTE cuaght me off guard
with that bomb.
Whoa!
Very exciting though, can't wait to see what Kyle rolls next (after the Blood Hag i mean).

Philippo

Going to drop my already little sub for the month of August since my first check is coming on the 15th. First time since the beginning :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom