• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's more likely to die in Avengers 4? Iron Man or Cap?

My Cap theory:
Cap sacrifices himself in part 1, gets brought back to turn the tide with his Thor hammer moment in part 2, then goes into semi-retirement.

plufim

Both. In the midst of battle, when everyone seems doomed, they'll bury the hatchet, and then sacrifice themselves to buy the other avengers time to escape big threat X.

Then everyone cries.

Blastoise

Banned
End it like this:

rMGWK9M.jpg

Then start a new universe.

Fox Mulder

I cannot see any reason to ditch Vision or Scarlet Witch when both of their characters are undercooked as fuck right now. The only ones I see walking out of the films, and not dying, are probably Captain America, Hawkeye, and maybe Black Widow. I don't see Iron Man, Thor, or the Hulk leaving any time soon.

Well vision has one reason why he'd have to die.

Cap has two potential replacements already in the MCU, and both actors have lengthy contracts. I can see Tony getting sidelined (he'll "retire") for a long time, but outright killed, nah.

I think the list goes fury, widow, and cap. Hawk eye permanetly retires and stark goes to lead the new avengers initiative so he can keep making hat marvel money. Essenitally playing a professor x role to spiderman, antman, black panther, falcon, bucky, and scarlette witch

jelly

There is always a need for gizmos and tech so I think Stark will survive to provide random stuff and talk tech, problem solve tech. Also, he is a lucky charm at this point, you would never risk it.

I don't think they'll kill Cap either, lost or retired.

Drifters

Cap is going to die and leave it in a cliff hanger between movies. Black Panther will get Bucky out of the freezer, he'll have a new bionic wonder arm and give the shield and say something like "For Steve...."

So here's my crazy idea that involves both living past Avengers 4:

What if they let Steve ride off into the sunset with Sharon post Avengers 4, but got Chris Evans to sign on for one more movie a few years after Avengers 4. And that movie was "The Death of Captain America"?

And I'm not talking about Emily VanCamp shooting him with a sniper rifle.

As part of when Amazon put all those digital comics on sale for cheap, I bought and read "The Death of Captain Marvel", and man it was one of the best comic stories I've read. And it made my kinda sad that they're almost certainly not going to have the Mar-Vell background for Captain Marvel in her movie, so we're probably never going to see that storyline played out in the MCU.

But what if there were someone else in the MCU that they could use to tell a lot of the same story beats, with a lot of analogous charaters? Some of the secondary characters already exist in the MCU (Thanos specifically, but Iron Man and Dr. Strange are there as well, and Spider-Man has a moment in it). And with the MCU as currently set up, you could use currently existing characters to replace the important ones from that story that don't exist yet:

Mentor: Fury
Elysius: Sharon Carter
Eros and Rick Jones: Bucky and Falcon

And you could use the third act to bring villains from both his past movies and Avengers movies as well. And for a real gut punch, have Hayley Atwell play Mistress Death for this part:

Il6ZLot.jpg

I mean, if you want to get really crazy, you could even hint at the cancerverse version of this story as well.

There's a part or two of the story where there's no real great analogue for now. And even though we have Tony and Strange, I feel like there aren't enough super-geniuses in the MCU right now for the "Why didn't you guys work on this earlier" part of have as much gravity as it does with Reed and Beast as part of the crew. But I feel like this would be the best possible send-off to give Chris Evans as Cap if you're actually going to kill him off and not have him ride off into the sunset as a retiree and stay there.

All that being said, I don't ever see this happening as it's way too depressing of a movie for Marvel to make, but I would be there front and center if they did.

Zero315

Banned
I can see them killing Cap and trying to prop up Captain Marvel as the leader of The Avengers for a while, teasing Bucky Cap at the same time.

I could also see Stark going too considering they've kinda been teasing since the first Avengers.

Most likely I'd say at the very least Tony dies. RDJ has seemed like he's ready to move on for a while now. Honestly though I kinda think they'll kill both of them.

Top Bottom