• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's more likely to die in Avengers 4? Iron Man or Cap?

Uzumaki Goku

Avengers 4 will be the end of one era and the beginning of a new one. But that means one of the old guard will likely die. But who?

Is it Iron Man who started the MCU or Captain America the heart and soul of the MCU? Who would have more impact?

RevoDS

Iron Man because RDJ commands massive amounts of cash that Marvel isn't gonna need to pay forever with the overall MCU being as huge as it is.

No clue on how it's gonna play out story-wise but business-wise Iron Man dying makes more sense

giphy.gif

In a nice way where they both sacrifice themselves to save the avengers. It will be worth since I hate both of them now.

Zenner

Do superheroes actually die in these movies? Honest question; stopped watching the MCU flicks a few years back, when I couldn't keep up with the massive release schedule.

Koren

Iron Man because RDJ commands massive amounts of cash that Marvel isn't gonna need to pay forever with the overall MCU being as huge as it is.

No clue on how it's gonna play out story-wise but business-wise Iron Man dying makes more sense
You're probably right, but since RDJ is close to be the only thing I really enjoyin MCU, that could also probably kill any remaining interest I have in the project :/

Alienous

Neither. They'll bother die in the Avengers movie after Infinity War, methinks, unless that is no longer planned.

RDJ's too expensive.

Cap will go out on his broken shield / lifting Thor's hammer / "Avengers assemble" thing.

Then Bucky'll be Captain America.

CazTGG

Captain America (kind of): Chris Evans has stated that he's done with Cap after Avengers 4 so it would make sense for that character to go...at least, the Steve Rogers incarnation. It's likely they'll follow Sam/Bucky in the role of the new Captain America but which one is beyond me.

Ovek

7Member7
Iron Man but I would have preferred a IM4 film so he could hand over the role to someone new, maybe Riri.

They'll prop up RDJ's corpse like a marionette and pay his family his salary to keep Stark in these movies. Cap is far more expendable.

Do superheroes actually die in these movies? Honest question; stopped watching the MCU flicks a few years back, when I couldn't keep up with the massive release schedule.

Nope, and that's why there's zero tension in any of these movies. Doesn't matter what's at stake or who the bad guy is if you already know no one is going to die.

Could be both, at the end of the Thanos Imperative Star-Lord and Nova stay behind to sacrifice themselves and stop Thanos. Swap those two out for Cap and Iron Man.

Not yet (ok one did, sort of, but it was a movie he was introduced in so it doesn't really count), but actors get old and need to be replaced eventually.

Abounder

Banned
RDJ is Mahvel's bionic billion dollar man - he's not going anywhere until they reach that box office # without him (Chris Pratt is getting there though).

Cap will die. Easily replaceable to boot.

Nope, and that's why there's zero tension in any of these movies. Doesn't matter what's at stake or who the bad guy is if you already know no one is going to die.

Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 spoilers.

Quicksilver and Yondu died.

Fox Mulder

Only
Quicksilver

They couldn't even kill anyone in civil war.

Hawkeye will be Coulson remastered. His death will unify the teams. And he's got no movie franchise of his own.

But hopefully Iron Man too.

Nyanmaruz

Iron Man and Cap are gonna die or get stuck in some state that prevents them from interacting with other characters in the MCU.
Once Feige thinks it's due time to bring them back somehow, they will recast though.

Captain America (kind of): Chris Evans has stated that he's done with Cap after Avengers 4 so it would make sense for that character to go...at least, the Steve Rogers incarnation. It's likely they'll follow Sam/Bucky in the role of the new Captain America but which one is beyond me.

Comic spoiler
Sam is going back to being Falcon in the comics, which leads me to believe it will be Bucky.

zeemumu

But he recently signed on to do one more to finish it up or something like that.

Then I hope he's done too, wanna see him other roles.

I think that's because he had signed on for a set amount before they announced that Infinity War would be a two-parter, so he signed on for one more to include the 2nd part.

Ugh. These characters never die, that's why superhero stuff is so uninteresting after a while. Origin/introduction movies are interesting because they're exploring new characters, abilities and "universes" but after several movies it just becomes boring.

Seijuro

I don't think that anyone will die. It just doesn't fit into the style of the movies. These are Disney/Marvel movies that are also heavily marketed to children.
Just like in comics, where there are different rotations of the Avengers roster all the time, it will be in the movies. No one needs to die for that. They can write them out quite easily.

Pachimari

The sooner Cap dies the better. Then make Tony Stark the Nick Fury of the universe, making him cameo in every movie to get together a new team for the new era.

Azuran

Banned
2-3 movies a year was too hard to keep track of?

You're on GAF, the place where some people can easily memorize every single review score their favorite game got but have trouble with everything else.

Investing 4-6 hours a year to watch a couple of movies is way too much time for some people here.

I think they'd be dumb to kill RDJ. Write him out for good, but keep him alive so that he ca return if you need a ratings bump. Imagine 10 years from now a grizzled Tony Stark returning in 'Avengers: ReUnite', or something. I realize in Comic dead is never dead, but I think that might be a harder sell on the big screen. RDJ is a trump card. Cap is dead though, for sure.

Top Bottom