• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

Markiss614

JxoYlsH.jpg

My order still seems to be ok..

Swiggins

I got mine with the ViSa Checkout discount with BB. A cancellation would screw that up. Fuck.

Same, RIP that sweet 35$ discount.

So far it's still alive, but I'm guessing that by the end of the weekend mine will be canceled as well. Preordered in February 2017, SoCal.

Atlus is going to need to do some major damage control.

Venfayth

Still good here.

Ordered my TYH basically the first few minutes the preorder was up from Amazon. I'm in the US, midwest.

Crossing my fingers it remains that way.

Meia

Have both BB orders and amazon orders still up, pre-ordered second they went live.

If all of them are cancelled, what a colossal shit-show. Puts people leaving Atlus US all the more worrisome considering how major of a release this is.

Swiggins

haven't received any emails yet. So i should be fine? ordered since last December.

Cancellations like these tend to go out in waves, if you've still got it by the end of the weekend you're probably safe. Right now though, everything's up in the air.

I have this preordered at both EB Games and Amazon (in case the latter fucked up) and now I have my fingers crossed that they don't both get cancelled...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered in-store at Gamestop. No word of it being cancelled yet (and my local one would definitely call me if they received an email on it.)

Locations seem varied in what would be different Amazon distribution centers, so that's out.

You can still add the steelbook to cart on Amazon, so I have no idea why that's still an option if people are getting theirs cancelled.

ZServ

Y'all posting about your pre-orders realize that you're not really doing much in terms of actual "figuring stuff out," right?

I pre-ordered the steelbook version yesterday. Hell, you can go pre-order it right now. So, if your pre-order was canceled, there's nothing stopping you from re-pre-ordering (unless you had like TYH, in which case my condolences). If your pre-order WASN'T canceled, then don't worry about it.

Now, as to why you can pre-order something that has already been canceled for several people.. no clue.

I ordered the TYH edition on 6/7/16 and still haven't gotten an email. My order page still shows as being okay, so fingers crossed.

This is my first limited edition of any game I've ever bought, and the unboxing video only got me more hyped. I would be very, very disappointed if this fell through.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Lead jokes aside, I wonder if it has to do with the metal pins that create the hinges? If they poke put, it could be a hazard.

Capella

I ordered the TYH edition on 6/7/16 and still haven't gotten an email. My order page still shows as being okay, so fingers crossed.

This is my first limited edition of any game I've ever bought, and the unboxing video only got me more hyped. I would be very, very disappointed if this fell through.

Me too :( I love Persona so I really wanted this one.

Venfayth

Hmmm. Would really hate for this to turn into something like the Zero Time Dilemma watch fiasco...

See the difference with Zero Time Dilemma is that they did not cancel preorders. They kept them open. And they kept rewarding people with open preorders with different credits while it kept getting delayed.

If this is the same situation, I'd assume the reason they're cancelling preorders is to avoid having to continuously give people who complain more credits while they sort the situation out.

I wish I had kept my ZTD preorder open even though I gave up on ever receiving the game and watch, because I would have made off with a lot more Amazon credits.

What the hell kind of defect ruins an entire delivery? That's worrying. I hope it's just a faulty case or something that's easily fixable and nothing serious.

Rurunaki

Update: My order from Bestbuy was fixed. Apparently some system issue and not related to the "Amazon" incident. Thank jeebus.

Top Bottom