• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heybot Episode 20
C5uLg3mWYAA5Zfy.jpg:small

The ending standoff was fantastic and then especially the final moment with the ED cutting in and Heybot doing his characters heybo smile with crazed screw maniac nejiru ready.

Narag

I know of a show that features
  • mono no aware
  • cute girls doing cute things
  • a journey of self-discovery
  • Yu Kobayashi

and yet firehawk woon't watch it

I think this might just be my favorite arc of Gintama. The characters, the relationships, the humor. It was firing at all cylinders and it encapsulated everything I love about this series. The city of Kabukicho of Gintama feels legitimate, like a living a breathing city. Only other time I felt this way about a location in an Anime was Ikebukuro in Durarara. I loved the backstory between Jochiro and Otose, and the explanation for how Gintoki came to live above her Snack Shop. And both confrontations between Gintoki and Jochiro were some good shit.

giphy.gif

Clov

Little Witch Academia 08

Maybe I'm just biased because Sucy's my favorite character, but I feel like this was the only good episode of the show so far. The rest has just felt pretty cookie cutter, but this one had so many fun, standout moments. Loved when we saw
the old Disney-esque cartoon at the drive-in. The animation was so fluid!

LotusHD

Banned
Little Witch Academia 08

Maybe I'm just biased because Sucy's my favorite character, but I feel like this was the only good episode of the show so far. The rest has just felt pretty cookie cutter, but this one had so many fun, standout moments. Loved when we saw
the old Disney-esque cartoon at the drive-in. The animation was so fluid!

No you're right, it basically was the first truly good episode so far. The only other decent one was the first one that had Akko finally begin getting her shit together.

Taruranto

LWA #8

I dunno, I can see why people liked this, but personally I didn't feel much, It felt more like an excuse to experiment and mess around more than anything. I very much prefer all the other episodes but the 5th one (That was genuinely bad).

phaze

Fafner Exodus 17

And now
let's give a big, warm welcome to sadness. ;_;

Honestly, the specifics of Canon's ability to tinker with the future rather escape me and with her
last I imagine successful endeavor being hidden from viewer's eyes, this sacrifice feels a bit pointless at this point in time.

DiGiKerot

Yeah going to the screening at the ICA in London on the 15th after Doris made me miss the one in Glasgow. (was stuck in the train for 10hrs)

Urgh, that's rough. I was heading up the East Coast, so it wasn't too rough thankfully, but even that was looking a little dicey in a couple of places.

Theonik

Urgh, that's rough. I was heading up the East Coast, so it wasn't too rough thankfully, but even that was looking a little dicey in a couple of places.
Speed limited to 50mph then stuck in rugby for like 1.5hrs, then diverted. My 4h34m train became 10hrs. I got in Glasgow as soon as the screening ended. Was meant to be in at 15:01.

Thud

All Out 20

Yoshida got drunk hehe.

Dragon Ball Super 80

Senzu beans heal everything, even poison.

Also how does universe 6 fare in mortal level? Silly power rankings are back baby.

Tiger Mask W20

A bit anti-climatic, I thought there would be more drama heh. So Odin got out at least and we got a bit of Tiger the 3rd action.

blurr

Thunderbolt Fantasy 13 END

This is easily the best thing Urobuchi's ever done. Quality writing right here. Thank you Taiwan.

Love how the show
got back on Ryoufu Setsujin's playful attempts at villainy (through deceit and lies) the same way he got back on Betsu Ten Gai's playful/misdirected attempts at swordplay. That moment when Betsu Ten Gai goes "how does it feel to have the world destroyed over your mischief"

Oh what a final episode.

Monster Hunter Stories RIDE On Episode 19
C5uUZKzWYAAN7qP.jpg:small
C5uUZKuWYAAR90H.jpg:small

How do people find Navirou annoying, this episode he was even better than usual with the Navirules over donuts, lol.

I think I must have missed in the plot why there are negative feelings between Riders and people and Hunters?

blurr

Grimgar 05

Resuming this after months, I'm honestly impressed by what I've seen so far but it's just that the matter it deals with didn't interest me until now. The entire episode focuses on the aftermath of Manato's death, particularly how it affected everyone in the party.

Not very keen on knowing where this is going but I like how it handles itself.

phaze

Fafner Exodus 19

Truly no hope or justice in this world.

Cause this cockroach comes back, for like a second time, while my
beloved Right of Left cast is still swimming with the fishes.
Sad !

Sölf

I think this might just be my favorite arc of Gintama. The characters, the relationships, the humor. It was firing at all cylinders and it encapsulated everything I love about this series. The city of Kabukicho of Gintama feels legitimate, like a living a breathing city. Only other time I felt this way about a location in an Anime was Ikebukuro in Durarara. I loved the backstory between Jochiro and Otose, and the explanation for how Gintoki came to live above her Snack Shop. And both confrontations between Gintoki and Jochiro were some good shit.

giphy.gif

The first fight between those two is still one of my favorites scenes in Gintama. And that fucking theme. <3

I also would put the Four Devas arc above any other that has aired until then. However, a few of the later arcs are even better, imo.

Cornbread78

Dennou Coil ep.21
Well, that is an interesting turn of events. How does a
3D hologram have physical traits of substance?
Poor Amasawa. Also, why has Daichi been pushed so far aside for the past 10 episodes or so? I guess a
Daichi x Fumie ship
isn't happening as they had been teasing previously, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom