• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneHeero

stfu about the abduction. If thats what it is than so be it but no point in coming up with all these scenarios while the OP came to gaf for some help.

JBaird, I hope things turn out well man, I hope gaf can help whether it be detective gaf or paypal gaf.

Raist

Banned
Fuck that's horrible dude. I would be so devastated, I admire your self-control.
Hope you'll get good news soon.

Also what the fuck is wrong with some people here and their stupid Scream-like stories. That's not helping in any fucking way.

What I would do of course is what you already did. One other thing I would do is get a recent picture out there of the two people missing on facebook or whatever social networks you use, send one to the police. Phone the radio stations and news stations and send them a picture too. Use the media as your tool to shrink the world down smaller and smaller. It's saved lives before and it can again. Hell, even Tennessee-gaf may have seen her or would be willing to help in some way putting lost-person signs on telephone poles and stuff up in the area. Increase the eye-count as much as you can.

I hope everything will turn out fine. I'm sure it will.

Biff

Rear-end accident results in injury, loss of consciousness. Driver who rear-ended their car takes the girls to a hospital in town and bolts from the scene because he doesn't want to get in trouble. Girls therefore have no ID, and cops would not be aware of the wreck. Would explain everything.

Very reasonable situation. These 'stories' other GAFers are posting are simply that, stories. I'm not even going to use the word they are using because it's completely ridiculous and incredibly unlikely.

JBaird, keep thinking positively. Try your best to begin scrapping some money together for a plane ticket to be with her when everything works itself out and you find out where she is. Whatever happened, she'll want you there as soon as possible.

ChefRamsay said:
Rear-end accident results in injury, loss of consciousness. Driver who rear-ended their car takes the girls to a hospital in town and bolts from the scene because he doesn't want to get in trouble. Girls therefore have no ID, and cops would not be aware of the wreck. Would explain everything.

Very reasonable situation. These 'stories' other GAFers are posting are simply that, stories. I'm not even going to use the word they are using because it's completely ridiculous and incredibly unlikely.

JBaird, keep thinking positively. Try your best to begin scrapping some money together for a plane ticket to be with her when everything works itself out and you find out where she is. Whatever happened, she'll want you there as soon as possible.
They haven't been to the hospital. It's been a few days. Even without ID, the hospital would have their names by now.

I'm sure they have both been missing long enough to file a missing persons report. It's usually 2 days and these girls have been missing for at least 2 1/2 days.

I would like to ask the OP if he has heard anything from any family up there. I know he said that he has only spoken with one of their friends, but has the friend spoken to someone in her family? Maybe the friend is just out of the loop.

And it is weird that the friend would find the car before the police. This area isn't Detroit. Also how far off the road was the car and how major a road was it? The friend should at least be able to tell you which road she found the car off of.

Fritz

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
They haven't been to the hospital. It's been a few days. Even without ID, the hospital would have their names by now.

Yes they probably would. But how would the OP know. As far as we know he has yet to speak to her next relatives. Keep in mind her sister is missing as well and both her parents are deceased.
The hospital certainly wouldn't inform him directly, even if they knew he was the bf, what they surely dont.

oneHeero

Fritz said:
Yes they probably would. But how would the OP know. As far as we know he has yet to speak to her next relatives. Keep in mind her sister is missing as well and both her parents are deceased.
The hospital certainly wouldn't inform him directly, even if they knew he was the bf, what they surely dont.
Good points. Hopefully this is resolved soon, keep us updated as often as can be Jbaird

-PXG-

QuiteWhittle said:
What's wrong with that?

Hmm...

JBaird said:
My Girlfriend left here (Texas) on the 14th to visit her home town (Tennessee) with her sister for personal reasons. Anyway turns out she never showed up and just found out they found her car 30 miles out of town with the back of the car wrecked and all the windows busted out. Shes not been reported at the hospital and there are no signs of them anywhere.

I have no idea what to do.

Posting on GAF, of all places, would be the last thing I would do. Call the local police or something? Shit.

pslong009

Neo Member
My thoughts are with you, JBaird. Hope all turns out well. I agree with what others have posted - you should be with local friends / family if at all possible - don't try dealing with this alone.

-PXG- said:
Posting on GAF, of all places, would be the last thing I would do. Call the local police or something? Shit.

Obviously I can't speak for the OP, and I hope he doesn't take offense to this, but I'm guessing he's not thinking through things completely rationally at the moment. He's likely in shock. And this could be his main community - it might be helpful for him to tell people what's going on in his mind. And I'm hoping he's exhausted the more traditional means of getting help (ie calling TN police) before posting here.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
-PXG- said:
Hmm...

That has already been done. Read some of his other posts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
-PXG- said:

He did, you muppet! Poor guy :(

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Straightballin said:
1)I said its a possibility, it likely and hopefully never happened
2)With everything that we know from this thread the situation sounds straight out of a movie

No offense, but that's really dumb logic. "It sounds like a movie so it must be just like in a movie".

I've had this happen to a close friend of mine and I don't want to really chime in because it hits too close to home, but in situations like this I'd really look into the local hospitals. It is entirely possible rescue workers took them there.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Basically, all he can do from where he is is wait on the local police - have them pull her cellphone records, call the area hospitals, ask around.

The waiting/not knowing is the worst part.

My GF recently went on a road trip to Texas with her friends and their mother (all women). I don't know what I would have done in this situation. I don't know whatelse to say other than that. Here's hoping for the best.

JGS

Banned
-PXG- said:
...So, you thought it would be wise to make a fucking thread on GAF about it. Jesus Christ.
Despite the majority of posts, a lot of gaffers are very good at giving advice. Someone earlier listed all the different stations in the area and some are from the area. If he can't do anything but twiddle his thumbs, he should be loking at all the resources available to him.

It's not like he posted this in the jokes thread.

I know I would be sending out bulletins all over the net. However, his girlfriend has family too and they are also on the lookout so any little bit helps.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Right, and you have no idea of knowing what hospital they went to, and it isn't like the OP would be next of kin even if they knew who to contact. They may have been taken one or two towns over to another hospital.

surazal

Maybe you can try posting to a few of the big social news websites asking for help as well. Reddit or Digg comes to mind and hope you can hit the front page. Ask neogaf to help you vote up the story.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
surazal said:
Maybe you can try posting to a few of the big social news websites asking for help as well. Reddit or Digg comes to mind and hope you can hit the front page. Ask neogaf to help you vote up the story.
this. put social media to work.

This should not be interpreted in the usual "pics??" kind of way but maybe you can post a picture of them? The more people know what they look like, the more people can help find them.

Also, us facebook. Use myspace. Whatever can get the info to more people. The internet is at your disposal and millions are watching.

Hanmik

I feel for you..

Just googled some news from that area.

and found one about a another car crash from the 10th. of august.. I know it is not related, but at the end of the article is a Phone number for an investigator of that case.. I will not post it here, but here is a link to the article.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20100810/NEWS01/8100314

If I was in your situation, I would call that number, and see if he knows anything about your girlfriends case.. I know it´s a longshot, but it beats sitting around and listening to an inner voice reciting horror movie stories..

Raist

Banned
-PXG- said:

I don't see any problem with posting on GAF in such situations. Sometimes you just need to talk, doesn't matter if it's complete strangers on an internet board. Well actually, there is one problem, which is jerks posting fucked up things that do nothing but make the OP feel bad.

Also, how about reading the fucking thread?

HeySeuss

Have you actually called the police yet? Because if everybody out there is doing it, then I think you might be being duped.

Are you guys having issues? Has she wanted to move to Tennessee and you haven't been able to?

The reason I say this, is more often than not, stories like this cone up and it turns out to be a story made up because the person wanted to get away for awhile to figure things out. Is it possible that her friend is making this up since you haven't actually called the police to find out yourself? You said its hard to get ahold of her to get more info and that to ne is a big red flag.

If its real, then Google all the tow companies in the area and find out who has the car. At least that way you know for sure. Call Nashville police and ask them what jurisdictions are within 30 miles out and then find out who did the accident report.

This isn't meant to be critical of you, but from everything you've posted so far, this sounds like a lie by your girlfriend to give her time to figure out what she wants. And I'm speaking from experience in working these types of calls. I've taken upwards of over 100 missing person calls and everyone left willingly just not wanting to tell the other where they were.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but call a few of the local TV news stations, email them all of the info that you have as well as a picture, and ask that they maybe take a minute at the end of their daily newscast to show her picture and give all of the info.. If they can give a week worth of coverage to balloon boy, they can spare a minute to ask their viewers to keep an eye out for something worth the attention.

Yaweee

Shick Brithouse said:
Have you actually called the police yet? Because if everybody out there is doing it, then I think you might be being duped.

Are you guys having issues? Has she wanted to move to Tennessee and you haven't been able to?

The reason I say this, is more often than not, stories like this cone up and it turns out to be a story made up because the person wanted to get away for awhile to figure things out. Is it possible that her friend is making this up since you haven't actually called the police to find out yourself? You said its hard to get ahold of her to get more info and that to ne is a big red flag.

If its real, then Google all the tow companies in the area and find out who has the car. At least that way you know for sure. Call Nashville police and ask them what jurisdictions are within 30 miles out and then find out who did the accident report.

This isn't meant to be critical of you, but from everything you've posted so far, this sounds like a lie by your girlfriend to give her time to figure out what she wants. And I'm speaking from experience in working these types of calls. I've taken upwards of over 100 missing person calls and everyone left willingly just not wanting to tell the other where they were.

It sounds like this might be the case if the OP hasn't personally spoken with the police or been contact by them directly. He would be, like, the absolute first person the police talk to, even if it has to be by phone.

Javaman

Shick Brithouse said:
Is it possible that her friend is making this up since you haven't actually called the police to find out yourself? You said its hard to get ahold of her to get more info and that to ne is a big red flag.

This is a very good point. Like someone else posted earlier, it's strange as hell that one of her friends found her car before the police. OP is being lied to.

HeySeuss

Yaweee said:
It sounds like this might be the case if the OP hasn't personally spoken with the police or been contact by them directly. He would be, like, the absolute first person the police talk to, even if it has to be by phone.
His post says he hasn't spoken with the police and he's only been getting limited information from her friend and she is hard to get ahold of.

Fucked up way to break up with somebody, but it happens a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom