• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

b33r

After a crap ton of Pluto valley runs and all but 1 of my dark snow globes, both Revo Haku's are hypered. Really great sub, but makes Parvati really difficult. Her sub attribute being fire and that board change she does with all the fire sucks ass. Only complaint so far.

Thanks Blade, I only have one Haku but I feel like I can make an absurdly strong team regardless with Persephone/Durga/Loki/Sima Yi/Grida/Zaerog/etc., plus plenty of shield inherits, Lumiel, Muse, and non-Facet gemstones. At the moment I'm just looking for something even more reliable and quick than Ilm/Minerva for A1 for stamina dumps, which is why I wanted YomiDra in the first place.

Should be fun, I suddenly have lots of projects. I max-skilled Zeus&Hera yesterday because I see the card as a core component of a lot of ALB co-op runs, so hopefully I can put it to use.

Bladelaw

Can we discuss how awesome D/L Satsuki is on Noctis? 2 million damage for 3 combos. It's amazing and ridiculous. Against devils it's 6 million.

She's caused me to completely swap my Noctis team.
Noctis (Fujin)
Anaphon (Lumiel)
Satsuki (Awoken Okuni)
Satsuki (Indra)
Lumiel (Nobunaga)

I really wish she fit better on more teams. 7 turns on her active is a little on the longer side for my preferred inherit bases.

EDIT:
Thanks Blade, I only have one Haku but I feel like I can make an absurdly strong team regardless with Persephone/Durga/Loki/Sima Yi/Grida/Zaerog/etc., plus plenty of shield inherits, Lumiel, Muse, and non-Facet gemstones. At the moment I'm just looking for something even more reliable and quick than Ilm/Minerva for A1 for stamina dumps, which is why I wanted YomiDra in the first place.

oh man then I'd runs something like:
Dathena
Revo Haku
Revo Persephone
Revo Loki
Sima Yi

Binds could be a concern without an active clear but this team can wreck face.

Aesnath

Ugh, this week man. Too much to flipping do. I was really trying to skill zhera, but he/she is not taking to skill ups. THEN they drop this big update where I have like, 10, things to evolve. AND I don't have much in the way of snowglobes (outside of green...stupid green, snowglobes and woodpys for miles).

To chime in about Ruel, I'm still pretty hyped for her. It was unreasonable to think that she would be dathena-level, given her far more restrictive leaderskill and color issues (G/B unbindable attackers are rare), combined with generally similar issues to d.athena (hard to heal without attacking). Her list of subs is really limited and there are issues with getting things that make dark and wood without breaking hearts or dark/wood/heart boards. I also imagine that no skyfall means abusing 7c awakenings is less possible on some boards, where it will be easier with d.athena. On the other hand, JP tier lists aren't the end-all/be-all. I'm convinced that they undervalue Meri as a solo non-farming lead. She's not the best, but she is still more capable than most and is not hard-checked by any particular mechanic.

Bladelaw

So Fenrir Viz is actually good...? (note I said good not great)

Here's what I'm running with, my alt pulled it so I might as well try it out right?

Viz
UUEvo Baal (Saria)
Sub Ilm
Revo Venus (flex, currently Saria)
Revo Ra (Rinoa)
Viz

9 Jammers + row of light = dead damn near anything.
General Strategy
-----------------------
If you're ready to kill the floor pop viz, match 3-9 jammers and a row of light, thing dies. It plays a lot like a row based Lakshmi team only it's harder to heal. Viz's passive damage is junk so if you want to heal you need to save jammers from the previous floor and heal when you can. Rinoa is the bind clear I went with but realistically Attackerasu/Ceres is probably the right choice. Rinoa's haste is good for keeping a viz active available at any time though.

Liberty Geist (Water + poison --> Jammer) would be a good inherit here and probably what I'll inherit on Viz so I can actually heal. I wish there was a similar active that converted fire or wood (but not heal), or a reverse version of Hephastus' active.

This team would probably have trouble with combo shields, resolves (attrition not this team's strong suit) and maybe damage absorbs. But that said it's a really strong team I could see clear A1 without too much trouble.

D/L satsuki doesn't work, since she's dragon/physical.
That's why I listed her last. Her damage will be ok (quad prongs and decent ATK count for a lot) but you don't get the HP benefit

Holy crap I need a lot of dark masks

yes lol

I was lucky to have 9, I spent some stamina on the lower levels of Dark Guardian Dragon, that one dragon Tech dungeon, and the early normal dungeon where they drop to get a single drop for 10 so I can reincarnate two cards

Turns out I can have a revo Hades up by tomorrow for HeraDra, just need to lurk Discord for someone else with one and a 10-turn bind clear to help me out and then disconnect (or whatever).

I can't believe after all that whaling I never got a full bind clear card

yes lol

I was lucky to have 9, I spent some stamina on the lower levels of Dark Guardian Dragon, that one dragon Tech dungeon, and the early normal dungeon where they drop to get a single drop for 10 so I can reincarnate two cards

Turns out I can have a revo Hades up by tomorrow for HeraDra, just need to lurk Discord for someone else with one and a 10-turn bind clear to help me out and then disconnect (or whatever).

I can't believe after all that whaling I never got a full bind clear card
Isn't Odin Dragon the only full clear? Grodin is the other highest I know of and he's 5 turns.

I know Amaterasu and Ceres are both full HP/Bind clears, and I have neither :(

also it's too late to skill up a fodder monster

I hope D.Athena gets randomly dropped on us one night like they did with RaDra

W-00

I was not prepared for the revos. I only had enough masks to revo Astaroth. I didn't have enough fodder to get her to max level again, either. I could have easily farmed up a bunch of emerald dragons, sure, but I don't have a team for Astaroth (just prepping her for Ruel), so that isn't a priority.

Also: GOOD GODFEST INCOMING THIS WEEKEND! GOOD GODFEST INCOMING!

Day 1: Norse/Devils. Not necessarily great, but my alt would like a shot at getting an Astaroth of its own, but I'm not sure if I can let it have the chance because of day 2!

Day 2: Greco-Roman 2/Five Elementals! Persephone and Haku on the same day of the same GF!

Ready your stones, and apologize to your wallets, folks!

Well, cool.

I don't really desperately need anything besides Fujin and Haku dupes for the meta but for some reason this GF features tons of stuff I don't have but might want in the future: Freyja, Thor, Belial, Luci, Baal, Apollo, Leilan, Sakuya... and any non-dupe GFE for me like Baldin, Paimon, Escha, Kaede, Typhon, or BlOdin could easily find a home.

I haven't whaled in a long while now and yet I have 100 stones to burn, so let's rock and roll.

Thanks to the kind souls on discord running Wed Int I'm drowning in purple masks <3

Aesnath

Well, the upcoming godfest seems pretty good given the new evolutions floating around. On the other hand I don't need anything in particular at the moment. If I'm thinking ahead Ruel subs would be nice, so astaroth and/or meimei. Also, I still want hermes.

My birthday is actually Saturday, so I'd like to roll then, BUT there are probably a few more things I'd like on Sunday. At this point, I've just stopped looking at the GFEs--I'll mostly roll dupes anyway.

Also, forest gala tends to like me, so it'll probably be lots of woodbahns anyway.

On an unrelated note, about how often do fire latents invade hera-ur 5x4? I've been playing all week, and I only have like three to show for it. I need another two for the whole set.

Bladelaw

Well, the upcoming godfest seems pretty good given the new evolutions floating around. On the other hand I don't need anything in particular at the moment. If I'm thinking ahead Ruel subs would be nice, so astaroth and/or meimei. Also, I still want hermes.

My birthday is actually Saturday, so I'd like to roll then, BUT there are probably a few more things I'd like on Sunday. At this point, I've just stopped looking at the GFEs--I'll mostly roll dupes anyway.

Also, forest gala tends to like me, so it'll probably be lots of woodbahns anyway.

On an unrelated note, about how often do fire latents invade hera-ur 5x4? I've been playing all week, and I only have like three to show for it. I need another two for the whole set.
Latent invade feels like 10% I didn't keep track of my runs though so I might be mistaken. I know I did a shitload of runs getting Minerva cheese off the ground.

I'm torn between day 1 and 2. Loki is the only Norse I'm missing and I don't need any archdemons (Dupe Baal might be fun to play with though), Loki is also the only Norse I want. I'm forever hunting Kanna and Dmeta which are both available on Day 2. Also I'm missing Artemis and Leilan and could make use of almost any dupe besides Ares and Hermes. I think I just talked myself into day 2.

J0dy77

Seriously. I'm so damn ready for it. I have the piis, plusses, and globes to hit the ground running. GungHo pls.

I was not prepared for the revos. I only had enough masks to revo Astaroth. I didn't have enough fodder to get her to max level again, either. I could have easily farmed up a bunch of emerald dragons, sure, but I don't have a team for Astaroth (just prepping her for Ruel), so that isn't a priority.

Also: GOOD GODFEST INCOMING THIS WEEKEND! GOOD GODFEST INCOMING!

Day 1: Norse/Devils. Not necessarily great, but my alt would like a shot at getting an Astaroth of its own, but I'm not sure if I can let it have the chance because of day 2!

Day 2: Greco-Roman 2/Five Elementals! Persephone and Haku on the same day of the same GF!

Ready your stones, and apologize to your wallets, folks!

I have a sneaking suspicion that they drop D. Athena over the holiday weekend as part 2 of this event. Having all of those key subs in the Godfest is usually a precursor that a big evo or MP card is coming.

Can someone put Ganesha up for Exp. of a Lifetime? I have mine up and around 30 stam so its the perfect time to use it. Thanks!

367,983,353 in case we're not friends.

I've got my Kushinada team more or less built, so I guess I should look at prepping stuff for Dark Athena next. I don't know a whole lot about team building with her though. (And I'm unfortunately lacking Ryune and Sima Yi) Could anyone give me any team advice?

How important are blue sub attributes? Could I be lazy and get away with something like D.Athena, R.Haku, R.Haku, R.Haku, A.Okuninushi? I could build up a Durga and finish hypering my Persephone if they'd be worth it.

Also, what sort of inherits are normal? Indra and a gemstone princess seem like obvious inclusions, but I'm not sure what else I'd want.

I've got my Kushinada team more or less built, so I guess I should look at prepping stuff for Dark Athena next. I don't know a whole lot about team building with her though. (And I'm unfortunately lacking Ryune and Sima Yi) Could anyone give me any team advice?

How important are blue sub attributes? Could I be lazy and get away with something like D.Athena, R.Haku, R.Haku, R.Haku, A.Okuninushi? I could build up a Durga and finish hypering my Persephone if they'd be worth it.

Also, what sort of inherits are normal? Indra and a gemstone princess seem like obvious inclusions, but I'm not sure what else I'd want.
1. Need at least one sub with two SBR. Durga is best since double TPA, Awoken Oku is ok.
2. Subs should have multiple TPAs if possible
3. DAth has blue sub att and is unbindable so you don't need any other blue on the team to activate.
4. Your "lazy" team is actually an ideal team for her.

Bladelaw

Ok so Dark Athena needs a couple things, then just fill with RHaku if you want.
The 2 SBR slot can be filled by Super Uevo Durga, Awoken Okuni, Revo Loki (Optimal choice here). Revo Loki is great because of the number of needs he covers. 2 SBR, 7 Combo, and TPA awakenings, Burst active, Revo stats. Pretty much everything you want for your 2 SBR slot. Durga's close but her self nuke is dangerous and her type specific burst isn't friendly with the usual compositions. Awoken Okuni is a little redundant, less damage, delay isn't as useful as Dathena herself and 1.5x isn't much of a burst, combined with a highish cooldown it makes it tough to inherit on him.

But if you want to take a no dupes Dathena team out for a spin I'd build
Dathena
RHaku (Lumiel/Typhon/Anaphon)
RPersephone (Eschamali)
<flex>
RLoki (Facet)

Flex needs 1 SBR and typing that works with Dathena and ideally TPA's. If you feel like you need more Time Extend add RYomi or Yomi Dragon, more damage Dkanna or even lead evo Satsuki (just don't use her skill). Hell you could skip the inherit on RPersephone and run Eschamali. Bsonia is a good inherit if you have her. You could bring in Anubis for a safe hazard clea, unbinable, and comes with TE's.

It's a really open team, but if you have the Hakus to go whole hog there isn't much reason no to.

Awesome, thanks for the advice, both of you. I had completely missed the details on Loki's revo, so I'll go with that and a bunch of Hakus for the time being, then go for a no-dupes version later. Time to say good bye to even more snowglobes.

Happy birthday!

I have a sneaking suspicion that they drop D. Athena over the holiday weekend as part 2 of this event. Having all of those key subs in the Godfest is usually a precursor that a big evo or MP card is coming.

Yeah this was my first thought when looking at the list -- lots of D.Athena sub in the mix. But most of these featured cards also just got new evolutions, so my guess is that it was probably timed to coincide with that. I'm just trying to not get my hopes up :(

Awesome, thanks for the advice, both of you. I had completely missed the details on Loki's revo, so I'll go with that and a bunch of Hakus for the time being, then go for a no-dupes version later. Time to say good bye to even more snowglobes.
Same here, HOLY SHIT what a beast. I know what day I'm rolling on.

W-00

Revo Loki is that good, huh? Guess my main will have to roll on day 1 as well.

Y'know, I was at a Target yesterday, and they had Google Play cards buy-one-get-one-20%-off. I was really tempted to buy a couple to use on my main (my alt is on a Kindle, and so uses Amazon cards), but I thought, "How likely is it that I'll really be wanting to whale again anytime soon?" and decided against it. I'm now rather annoyed with past!me for not buying them (the store is too far away to be worth making another trip just for that deal, considering that I'd still only be buying $10 cards).

Oh well, my main will still have enough stones for 13 rolls. That's a decent amount unless my luck is absolutely horrible.
Insert joke about unlucky number 13 here.

Bladelaw

Got it done. Thanks Blade!

No problem, had to wait for my lunch break.

I really want to pull day one but pulling hoping for just Loki is a fools errand especially when day 2 can fill so many more gaps for me. I'll be sticking with Durga (Facet) on my Dathena team until Loki decides to show up.

Silent_Z

Folks with DAthena experience, how critical is a gemstone assist vs what can be accomplished with 7C awakenings and maybe a Loki active? I've got the Hakus, Loki, Durga, etc but no gemstone.

Bladelaw

Folks with DAthena experience, how critical is a gemstone assist vs what can be accomplished with 7C awakenings and maybe a Loki active? I've got the Hakus, Loki, Durga, etc but no gemstone.

Depends on what you're trying to kill. Just clearing A3 Loki should be fine. Coliseum's biggest sponges have resolves so you don't want to KO them in one hit (unless you have planned countermeasures). If you're trying to down the radars and need to deal a shitload of damage (Gaia dragon, Noah Dragon, Heph Dragon) then a Gemstone can compensate for a bad luck burst board (can't 7 combo for example). I'm going with Facet since I don't have Loki meaning Durga's holding the line. Play around with the team when we get her and get a feel for your damage, that should tell you if Loki will be enough. I think in the VAST majority of use cases Loki's fine.

Spoit

Anyone know of a site (or PDX search criterion) that coallates types of powers? Like a list of the orb changers for a color, or all the "ignores defense" skills, etc?

Bladelaw

Anyone know of a site (or PDX search criterion) that coallates types of powers? Like a list of the orb changers for a color, or all the "ignores defense" skills, etc?

PDX lets you do this through the Monster Book. On the right hand side there's a drop down for "Active Skill" then pick your criteria.

Bladelaw

Anyone interested in running a shitload of superkings tonight? I have 3 so many revos to level. My slot is 8:30 us East. I can run for another block too.

It took a bit longer and was a lot more embarrassing than I had anticipated (combo shields and forgetting to pass on the first turn for bind clear, hooray) but we beat HeraDra and now I can get me a lovely Yomi Dragon ;___;

God bless Hades's LS which will probably only ever be useful on this dungeon, and my D.Athena team-in-waiting.

And the kind soul on Discord who tolerated my slower playstyle, I think we did it in ~25 turns

I'm ready for the GF.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got a Baal on my main which is awesome but would have rather got it on my alt.

Alt got a silver trash and another Grodin. Sucks.

Wish I could roll more but the good stuff is tomorrow.

bjork

Rolled a Kanna, which is new and looks great. Is there any reason I'd want the light/light evolution over the dark/light one?

Rolled a Kanna, which is new and looks great. Is there any reason I'd want the light/light evolution over the dark/light one?

L/L is a staple sub for any team that wants her boost and awakenings, the template RaDra team in particular features her. She does like, a truckload of damage when you match a light prong.

bjork

L/L is a staple sub for any team that wants her boost and awakenings, the template RaDra team in particular features her. She does like, a truckload of damage when you match a light prong.

light/light it is, then. Thanks!

[edit - got enough stones from clearing stages to do another pull, my 3rd light Kali. yay?]

Kwhit10

Dkanna is a fun lead, but light Kanna on myr or radra is insane with a prong. On RaDra if you get the 5 color combo with prong Kanna does around 1.9million, with full activation you're looking at 5+million hit.

Did one pull... Grips rider bleh.

Will save rest for tomorrow.

b33r

Did a yolo roll today, Fujin!! Pretty happy about that. Have enough for a yolo tomorrow too, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed after today's.

Quantum

did 2 yolos chasing the same -

1) Genie
2) Dino Rider

yup...

Did 3 revo's this morning, needing 15 dark masks - took 37 runs - the grind is real.

b33r

Got her first arena try.

monAQAF.jpg

Felt so good.

Forest Gala too stronk...

3rd Acala
2nd Michael

Michael is actually cool for my Revo Astaroth team since most of the team is TPAers, but Astaroth is kinda meh as a leader compared to others so won't get much use.

Debating chasing Loki or saving the rest for more Haku.

W-00

Made five rolls on my main, since it already has three Haku and Persephone, so it doesn't really need anything from tomorrow.

First roll: Diamond egg! What is it... what is it..? Seriously, what the hell is that? Oh, it's Aten, the All-Despising. I don't think I have an immediate use for it, but neat!
Second roll: Gold egg! Shiva! My first one, so I'm happy with it.
Third roll: Gold egg! Verdandi (dupe). Oh well, she's still a useful card, and it's my first dupe of her, so I'm still happy.
Fourth roll: Diamond egg! Skuld! WOOHOO! Now I have all three of the Norns! I'm not sure if I can slot her in on my Meri team, since I don't have any cards that would convert her greens, but I am still very pleased with this roll!
Fifth roll: GRODIN!!! I've been wanting a Grodin for SO DAMN LONG now, and I finally have one! Which evo is favored these days?

This GF was so awesome to me, I should make some rolls on my alt, too, even though it really wants Haku and Persephone.

Alt roll one: Gold egg! Forestbahn. Dammit. I mean, I'm not going to sell him because his enhance can be useful, but that's a lousy way for my alt to start off its GF...
Alt roll two: Gold egg! Red Chester (dupe, of course). Yeah, okay my alt is saving the rest of its stones for tomorrow.

But I wonder if my main has any luck left...

Sixth roll: Silver. Henry Boram. If he at least did true damage there might be a use for him, but as it stands he's trash.

Top Bottom