• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Ovelia whatever, that there isn't a single offensive mage for the realm is a joke. Why do I have this generic poison rodnfor this realm?

Next two characters Rafa and Malak are both mages, alma belouve will likely be another white mage, Reis could also potentially be a mage character depending upon how they choose to adapt her dragon powers. If they add some of the villains from the church they would be mages too though I imagine for playable villains we'd see Argath and Weigraf.

Next two FFT characters are both mages.

Next two characters Rafa and Malak are both mages, alma belouve will likely be another white mage, Reis could also potentially be a mage character depending upon how they choose to adapt her dragon powers. If they add some of the villains from the church they would be mages too though I imagine for playable villains we'd see Argath and Weigraf.

Yeah I know, oddly i have both bursts I believe in Jp, never bothered using them other than to level them up.

friz898

It hurts my heart to acknowledge Wiegraf as an enemy.

Another example of the great writing of FFT.

Then the dialog ends, the music starts, ahh.. Tactics I've beaten it so many times.

Wazzy

Banned
I hate that tactics is one of my favourite games.

I really love Delita so I caved and did two pulls on the banner. They both ended up as pretty good pulls but that took a chunk out of my Raijin savings. D: managed to pull two Ramza bursts, platinum sword, Delits Coral Sword, Delits armour and Gaff Armour.

I love Cid too but I don't have high hopes of pulling his OSB so there's no point chasing.

RivalCore

So what's the main strat for Necrophobe? I have Faris Burst, Irvines Supers, Tyro SG, Y'sh for heals and Red XIII Bursts.

Other units I have are Mustadio with Super and Minfillia Burst and Super.

Do initial damage and breaking for phase 1.

Phase 2, you need him to cast doom on your party, as each cast lowers his defence. Keep damaging him while maintainign your hp. When the timer gets low, him the corresponding coloured skull with the appropriate breakdown. This is a fixed time stage, so you need to do a lot of damage.

Phase 3 he starts one shoting your party so you need to burst him down asap.

Super annoying, since you need at least two doom timers get decent damage in phase 2.

B.K.

I hate instant death attacks. I finally got a group to do Cúchulainn Apocalypse and didn't get Mastery because it used an instant death attack that killed both my characters and took the death count to five.

Do initial damage and breaking for phase 1.

Phase 2, you need him to cast doom on your party, as each cast lowers his defence. Keep damaging him while maintainign your hp. When the timer gets low, him the corresponding coloured skull with the appropriate breakdown. This is a fixed time stage, so you need to do a lot of damage.

Phase 3 he starts one shoting your party so you need to burst him down asap.

Super annoying, since you need at least two doom timers get decent damage in phase 2.

Are you sure phase 2 is a fixed amount of time? If so I suppose that makes Phase 3 more manageable, provided you have sufficient damage during phase 2. I just assumed Phase 3 started at like 25-30% HP.

In any case, bring someone with Last Stand, and don't use their SB at all during the fight until Phase 3. That way you can spam it during Phase 3 on every turn.

RivalCore

Pretty certain. I did three attempts and it doesn't seem to transition to phase 3 based on Necrophobes hp. I could be wrong though!

Ahnez

I believe Necrophobe's phase 2 lasts for 10 turns, so its technically possible to kill it without even going into phase 3

WarAdept

A Sword for Peace Ultimate ++

Went back to physical meta because FFT gives me nothing in terms of mage gear. Turns out I have an okay Holy team. The Ultimate Rend Armour is super annoying but I couldn't be bothered dealing with the adds. Cheers Eiko for Summon 5 to hit that Darkness weakness target.

xEjYLuW.jpg

MrDaravon

mote dungeons tomorrow, is this the last time they open up?

I still need to do mote ifrit cm

help me ._.

I'd like to know this as well, I have multiple mote dungeons unfinished. I'll probably try to hammer them out regardless this go-round, but if this is the last time they come up that'll light a bit of a fire under me to actually do it.

thedan001

Are these Mote dungeons as hard as Nightmare Dungeons (you know which ones)?

there's like 5 mote dungeons and rewards are a big pile of 4* motes so definitely try to complete them

Ifrit is especially hard, he is like d2xx difficulty fight

If you can solo d200 raids, you can beat mote dungeons, CM's are trickier.

That said, CM's have gotten easier to win these now that elemental OSB is available. If you have native squall osb then ifrit shouldn't be much trouble.

Holy ish, I beat the super hard raid battle! It took legit 20 minutes, but my team had so many cool BSBs that I'd never seen before. It felt great!

Although damn, the prize for ensuring that battle is pretty lackluster.

Syntsui

How the fuck do I beat Neo Bahamut? His Nightmare Blast instantly kills everyone even with wall.

Worse than that, he uses it two times in a row, what in the actual fuck.

Balphon

How the fuck do I beat Neo Bahamut? His Nightmare Blast instantly kills everyone even with wall.

Worse than that, he uses it two times in a row, what in the actual fuck.

It does flat damage, if he hits you with it you screwed up.

You're supposed to mix up summon elements he's vulnerable to with elements he resists in the second phase and then kill the orbs that end up spawning in the third phase. It's been awhile, though.

Thabks man.

He is too hard and it's already too late, I give up. I'll waste the stamina on other gate keepers and sleep.

He's using the Nightmare attack because you failed to spawn any energy orbs. You have to hit him with an element he's resistant to in order to spawn orbs. The harder you hit him the better the orb you get. If there's at least one orb up when you transition to phase 3 he won't use the Nightmare Gigaflare attack.

That major poison resist accesory helps a ton for the new raid. Last night my Orlandeu was the last man standing near the end of the d200 fight. Thanks to the poison resist plus damage mitigation beforehand from now dead teamates he was able to take the bio hits, bsb, command 2 to stay up, and then finish him off with the OSB. It was an awesome feeling since I thought we would fail.

I have no status resist accesories relevant to this fight (well except one that resists slow) but definitely bring that poison resist if you have it.

*edit* Doesn't one of Cu's abilities have a chance to instant KO? Pretty sure my Mustadio got ko'ed by something like that.

*edit 2* Yeah Ultimate Bioga has a chance to KO you, just a heads up.
I gave my white mage the silence resist accessory and ultra cure. I found myself having to cure silence off other mages twice in apocalypse+ difficulty. On the easier difficulty the group I was in had affliction break and only Orlandeau got silenced anyway. Of course it is sleep that is the real enemy. If you burst you can't just whack them awake.

Also, I swear most people don't seem to know you can stack Magic Breakdown and Full Break. Like we had a Ramza with full break and...Lifesiphon. Well good old Minfillia to the rescue with her burst and magic breakdown command (I packed mind breakdown on her because you know...AoE stop really sucks).

So what's the main strat for Necrophobe? I have Faris Burst, Irvines Supers, Tyro SG, Y'sh for heals and Red XIII Bursts.

Other units I have are Mustadio with Super and Minfillia Burst and Super.
Some people try to cheese the second phase by using a Sephiroph burst as the first command ignores def. However, you really need to stack some attack up boosts for the damage to be great here.

U++ was not bad. Brought Terra and Krile, couple of turns to get mitigation up, popped Sheepsong + Vessel of Fate, both mages pop Cid Raines RW, then burn him down with command 1 and finish with Terra's OSB.

Syntsui

Neo Bahamut beaten. What a fun and interesting fight, by far my favorite. I spent a fuck load of orbs honing summons though.

You can use them again with Valigarmanda. Thats even worst because I had to hone Leviathan that will never use again...

It's funny that everyone always mentions Leviathan, because you can do it with any 2 of Ifrit, Leviathan, Shiva. You don't actually need all 3.

Dragner

It's funny that everyone always mentions Leviathan, because you can do it with any 2 of Ifrit, Leviathan, Shiva. You don't actually need all 3.

Yeah I know. But I went blind without reading strats or nothing so I tried to cover all bases. Didnt want to suffer another Kaiser Dragon. In the end it was pointless because barriers changed too fast for my patience and ended bruteforcing it with alphinaud.

ccbfan

U++ was not bad. Brought Terra and Krile, couple of turns to get mitigation up, popped Sheepsong + Vessel of Fate, both mages pop Cid Raines RW, then burn him down with command 1 and finish with Terra's OSB.

Yeah, easily the most OP meta in this game's history is the Cid Raines RW Mage Meta.

1. Its extremely easy to set up. Everything is built in, The BSB itself have 2 stackable faithgas and both are not the super common faith only buff.

2. Works in almost every situation. Very few enemies resist both holy and dark. Have both AOE and Single target actions.

3. Need very little hones. 2 Mage blast the BSSB usually will take the enemy down to under 20%. Finishing the rest with the free 5* chain magic and standling SBs..

5. Extremely defensive. Usually 2 mages spamming BSSBs is enough offense to take down a boss. That leaves 3 for support and white mage for defense.

5. Extremely expandable. Adding a haste faithga make things much better, having any of your own mage BSSB and OSB makes thing even more OP.

Dragner

Raines just made the game so boring. Any time I check the amazing challenge someone did on reddit: yep, tortoise and 2 mages to RW Raines, every single time.

Syntsui

Raines just made the game so boring. Any time I check the amazing challenge someone did on reddit: yep, tortoise and 2 mages to RW Raines, every single time.
Well, that's the reason these Nightmare dungeon exist. The meta doesn't work on pretty much any of them. The ones it works, is because it is already pathetic enough to be beaten with other means.

I'm waiting a few more months until we have the USSB before I knock out the nightmare bosses. By then, the powercreep will be far beyond what those bosses were initially balanced to handle and maybe I won't have such a hard time dealing with them.

Sad, seeing as I'm a Day 1 player. But I just get so frustrated when one tiny mistake forces you to S/L!

I'm waiting a few more months until we have the USSB before I knock out the nightmare bosses. By then, the powercreep will be far beyond what those bosses were initially balanced to handle and maybe I won't have such a hard time dealing with them.

Sad, seeing as I'm a Day 1 player. But I just get so frustrated when one tiny mistake forces you to S/L!

I'm more frustrated that the only strat is to hit and run for 15 minutes to max out meter then spam ssb/bssb

I'm more frustrated that the only strat is to hit and run for 15 minutes to max out meter then spam ssb/bssb

Which Nightmare boss did you have to use hit and run for?

Power creep has to start somewhere. Either they start with an impossible dungeon (i.e. Parade Float) and gradually introduce the tools to make the dungeon manageable (after the dungeon is already gone, unfortunately), or they start with an overpowered ability / weapon (i.e. Raines BSB, Overflow SB) and slowly introduce dungeons that start needing that level of power while gradually introducing more and more items and abilities of a similar power level.

I still don't have Shout. Would you guys recommend that I pull on FFT banner 2?

I think that depends on whether you want to focus on a physical or magic team. Also, on the state of your FFT synergy and whether you actually like what you see. Pulling for one relic is usually never a good idea.

Banner 5 on Anniversary also has some nice Hastegas in the form of Papa's SSB and the godly good Eiko USB (which is also an instant Medica with guts, thus beating Vanille's burst by quite a good margin).

Also, Ultros banner might have OK's burst with Shout so win-win.

evangd007

For a single relic, no.

It will probably be on the ultros anniversary banner, so its better to wait

I like the other stuff on the banner too. I figure if I spread my pulls out on multiple banners like FFT 2, Tyro 3, and Ultros which I didn't know existed until now, then I'd maximize my chances of pulling it while minimizing the chances of dupes.

I do already have Papa's Ley Lines, but my magic team is already in a good spot. Well, will be once Alph is added to the HoR so I can use my Veil of Wiyu.

I've been saving up my Mythril for months for TG Cid. Six 11x pulls later and I still don't have his OSB. Got everything else on the banner though, and managed to get his MC3 as a result..

But I still want the OSB. Is it even worth it if I have the BSB? Trying not to become a whale here.

WarAdept

I've been saving up my Mythril for months for TG Cid. Six 11x pulls later and I still don't have his OSB. Got everything else on the banner though, and managed to get his MC3 as a result..

But I still want the OSB. Is it even worth it if I have the BSB? Trying not to become a whale here.

Wait till 2nd Anniv. You'll get a fresh new banner with better stuff along with Orlandeu's OSB.

And if you're that worried about cast times, just RW his OSB or use his RM4.

Xetherion

Beat Weigraf U++ without Raines RW. My team was:

Leon: LS r4, SC r3 (unused), Burst, Ace Striker
Ramza: Affliction Break r1, Mind Breakdown r3, Burst, Battleforged
Eiko: Protectga r2, Curaja r5, Burst, Knight's Charge
Tyro: Multibreak r2, Exhausting Polka r3, Wall, DMT
Basch: Gaia Cross r3, Retaliate r5, Apocalypse Shield, Power of Darkness

RW: Shout

The fight was pretty simple. After setting up buffs and debuffs, i focused the Knight down to get rid of his debuff attacks, then the Chocobo to get rid of his aoe heals, then finally started focusing Weigraf down. The damage was still kind of scary (2k+) through Wall/Multibreak/Polka/Protectga, but once I got Ramza's burst up it became a joke and even more so once Apoc. Shield was up as well.

Leon's damage was stellar, after Shout, cmd 2 bargain, and Eiko crit buff, his second and further casts of his burst were doing nearly 80k (9999 on crit, 7500 non-crit, and most hits were crits). Cmd2 was also like 8300 per non-crit, 9999 on crit. After Apoc. Shield was up he was basically always hitting 9999s.

When Weigraf got low things got a little hairy when he started getting Stop on 2 people at a time despite Affliction Break (2nd cast might've worn off by then though, need to hone it to r2) and the Stops last awhile despite Mind Breakdown (i know this was still up, didn't run out of uses).

Eiko cmd1 blink helped prevent more people from getting Stopped though.

Top Bottom