• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

Halo CE has plenty of aim assist and magnetism. It has even more than Halo 3 arguably, but the movement is fast in all directions, and the hitboxes are small and strict so it take far more skill to shoot.

I would never suggest having no aim assist mechanics on Halo, it just doesn't work on dual analog. It's why John Howard and Bungie built the engine in the first place with aim assist and magnetism, to compensate for the lack of pixel perfect accuracy on dual analog sticks.

I can't believe I have to argue for Halo CE's brand of gameplay, it just blows my mind. I guess that explains why the series has gone down the drain.

I dunno, being able to facilitate the casual lower end while still offering a high competitive skillgap and having neither conflict sounds like a winning formula to me, I might just be crazy tho.

But I guess we all like to indulge in our own delusions, so maybe you're throwing shit around in glass houses unless you don't want Halo to go back to any of its other classic formulas.

I dunno, being able to facilitate the casual lower end while still offering a high competitive skillgap and having neither conflict sounds like a winning formula to me, I might just be crazy tho.

But I guess we all like to indulge in our own delusions, so maybe you're throwing shit around in glass houses unless you don't want Halo to go back to any of its other classic formulas.

I don't think this is what people are arguing about so much as it is the prerequisites for accessibility. The only way CE multi would have a fighting chance of returning without issue would be if we got dedis across the board. While that might be possible with the cloud, you still never know what 343's going to use that computing power for. It seems like they're taking steps in the right direction with the precision weapon tune-ups, but for all we know Halo 5 will just look really good and play like shit because they were unfamiliar with the hardware. At least we can be assured that we'll be able to recreate good multi with more customization options. With Kinect.

That moment when you realize that Halo 4 is an allegory for the Xbox 360.

Cortana is the xbox, in service for eight long years, and the Chief represent us, the gamers.

*mind blown*

cluto

Halo CE has plenty of aim assist and magnetism. It has even more than Halo 3 arguably, but the movement is fast in all directions, and the hitboxes are small and strict so it take far more skill to shoot.

I would never suggest having no aim assist mechanics on Halo, it just doesn't work on dual analog. It's why John Howard and Bungie built the engine in the first place with aim assist and magnetism, to compensate for the lack of pixel perfect accuracy on dual analog sticks.

I can't believe I have to argue for Halo CE's brand of gameplay, it just blows my mind. I guess that explains why the series has gone down the drain.
I wonder how many of these people criticizing Halo 1 either:

A.) Had shitonitis in the Halo 1 days
or​
B.) Halo 1 wasn't their first Halo game​

Tawpgun

I wonder how many of these people criticizing Halo 1 either:

A.) Had shitonitis in the Halo 1 days
or​
B.) Halo 1 wasn't their first Halo game​

Not criticizing Halo 1. I'm just saying people who think if we go back to the purity of Halo CE Halo is saved and will be the best ever and everyone will love it and come back are delusioned. And maybe im misunderstanding them, they probably understand this fact too, it just kinda irks me everytime someone points out a fault in Halo 4 someone always goes "OH WELL IF THE GAME WAS JUST LIKE HALO CE THEN WAH WAH WAH"

It amazes me that you guys who continually do this have stuck around for so long saying the same shit over and over again. Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4. The series has changed so much with many of the changes being negative in my view as well... and yet you still stick around saying how much the game should go back to CE.

Oh and for the record, Halo CE was my first Halo game but it was on the PC, not sure if I'm disqualified. But holy shit did I dong. Clan wars were the best.

Madness

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn comes on television in Canada on Space today. Didn't know it had already been airing on television.

Ghazi

I kinda had a case of shitonitis about that one...

but yea, when going up against equal teams, it's pretty fun.

Simplex is a great map, second to Haven imo. I don't really know what else to say about it, I'll be getting on soon though so if you're still on we can party up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey Monster, you still forming a group tonight?

If we can get people on, I'll play. Ghazi, Bregmann, Wahrer, you dudes down? I know Franklinator will play if I ask him. Stinkles, weren't you and Deadly Cyclone going to play this weekend? I'd love to get some customs going or just do matchmaking.

Ghazi

If we can get people on, I'll play. Ghazi, Bregmann, Wahrer, you dudes down? I know Franklinator will play if I ask him. Stinkles, weren't you and Deadly Cyclone going to play this weekend? I'd love to get some customs going or just do matchmaking.

Yeah, I've got to return my George Foreman grill later but I can be on all night until 11 or 12 since I'll be working tomorrow too.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Its a lot better but still some issues. Some comments:

I have some questions as well.

1) Why are there swords on every map? Teams of camo all sprinting on Solace with swords.

Uhh they definitely took the ones on complex and adrift away. Although they did add the new one on haven, but one could always spawn later in the game on that map. But why did did they take my adrift sword and add on more needlers!?

cluto

Not criticizing Halo 1. I'm just saying people who think if we go back to the purity of Halo CE Halo is saved and will be the best ever and everyone will love it and come back are delusioned. And maybe im misunderstanding them, they probably understand this fact too, it just kinda irks me everytime someone points out a fault in Halo 4 someone always goes "OH WELL IF THE GAME WAS JUST LIKE HALO CE THEN WAH WAH WAH"
Who is saying this? Granted, I skim through most of the HaloGAF threads, but the people I see regularly talking about Halo 1 (like Booshka) intelligently explain how a mechanic worked in Halo 1 and why it could improve future Halo games. Not: "OH GOD I WANT TO SUCK THE M6D'S DICK AUGHHHGGHH."

It amazes me that you guys who continually do this have stuck around for so long saying the same shit over and over again. Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4. The series has changed so much with many of the changes being negative in my view as well... and yet you still stick around saying how much the game should go back to CE.
The reason I still give a shit about Halo is because I don't want to give up on it. I also don't automatically hate every Halo sequel simply because it introduced changes; there have been plenty of good changes over the years and I'm hoping to see more of those good changes that improve the Halo formula. Halo 2 was a pretty big disappointment for me, but I won't deny that I had a ton of fun with it, nor will I deny that it introduced a lot of great things (way better map design, vehicle boarding, matchmaking, etc.). Similarly, Halo 3 had plenty of great improvements as well. The problem is that these "good changes" don't seem to happen as often as they should, and since we know 343 is watching this thread, I don't see how Booshka's or anyone else's Halo 1 posts hurt anything or anyone.

Duji

It just seems like all the CE purists think if a Halo with no auto aim, insanely fast kill times, no melee lunge etc etc etx would be largely successful. It's like a delusion.
1. A game thats that hardcore would fail miserably in population. Times have unfortunately changed and some of us are trying to fight against the casualization of the industry, but expectations need to be reasonable.
2. No auto aim, no melee lunge on a online console shooter? would be miserable.

1. The #1 most played multiplayer game in the world is an extremely competitive game by nature. "Hardcore" by your definition.
2. No one is asking for zero auto aim.

Next...

DeadNames

Banned
I can only deal with h4 in little increments of an hour or so.

or just use the ar, ordnance priority, and requisition and win halo and not take it seriously

Not sure to ask here but anyone knows if it will be more Halo 4 figures apart from the Mcfarlane series. Like Cortana of Sideshow figures ?

Does anyone want to play? I keep getting pwned going into Throwdown by myself. I'm down for whatever. Send an invite/message/whatever to this GT if you wanna:
Proximiteh

I'll be on in about 45 for map testing and GAF. Just have to fix Barn Lift on both sides before you guys get to see Synthesis again.

Protip: the entire map only uses red and blue for easy callouts. The bottom-level minibases made with Artifact Base walls are called barns. So Red Barn, Blue Barn, Red Screen and Blue Screen (for the barns with green screen floors).

EDIT: fucking Florida! Really bad storm just hit the highway on my way home so I'm waiting it out at Tom Thumb. Might be a little bit before I get on.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Considering the amount of high quality maps we've gotten in the Halo series since Halo 3, I'd say Forge is a fucking life saver. We need more maps at launch man for these Halo games. I just can't believe we've had CTF on Asymmetrical maps for so long just to fill a map count in a playlist.

Fracas

#fuckonami
lol just got accused of cheating. Franklinator and I pulled host (our connection is utter garbage), and we were the only ones in the game for the first minute. He got an exterm, and we had a huge lead in KoTH before everyone spawned in. One of the enemies in the post game lobby said they were going to tell Bravo and get us "deleted".

Ghazi

I got messaged by someone telling me that he felt bad for us pulling US host, whatever that was supposed to mean. Yeah, that guy who accused us of cheating was an asshat. Serenity needs to be taken the fuck of out of objective because my framerate got really bad on it both times we played it.

Yea how the hell did serenity get past play testing what king of good enough wizards allowed that garbage into a AAA game release? I seriously question the decisions being made with this game cause shit like that would not fly anywhere else n it not only embarrasses but tarnishes the halo name n experience it's decisions like this that can be used as examples of why people are shutting off your game n popping reach in.

Top Bottom