• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

Nice pictures and video. Love the effect of the planet zooming in when you come out of hyperspace.

Another day, another e-mailbox with no beta key :(

Creamwolf

Neo Member
Confused101 said:
Something tells me the game is coming out this year. What do you guys think?

Well my Magic 8 Ball said "all signs point to yes" when I asked it that question so, I'm now convinced.

MaddenNFL64

Tworak said:
yes. yes. YES. YES YES YES. YESSS!

fuck the "removal" of pure healing classes. fuck guild wars 2 and all the other shit. fuck them.

HEALING! HEALING.

The "mana" pools are different from WoW. More like a regen energy bar. The force is better than magic :D.

LowParry

Some interesting things going on. Makes me wonder if we are getting something big at Comic Con or not. The bar I'm still setting low for still.

Rflagg

Billychu said:
I know it is not the main focus, but this is not the first time I have read comments on a low number of flashpoints. I hope they are planning on putting some more in, before release.

CcrooK said:
Some interesting things going on. Makes me wonder if we are getting something big at Comic Con or not. The bar I'm still setting low for still.
I am expecting literally nothing new that way I can not be disappointed.

MaddenNFL64

Looks like the beta shuts down on the 20th. New build, not a patch though since it's rumored that people will have to do a clean install.

water_wendi said:
The animations for the combat look great. Dodges and parries and stuff.

I hated that he rarely used his aoe. sloppy, just sloppy!

But I want more :(.

Yaska

We all need to be brought in! And I think clean install might mean some heavy changes to the client itself.

So... I had a dream that I was playing the beta. The funny thing is that I haven't really been thinking about the game that much over the past couple of days. I've been so exhausted from work that I haven't even been jumping on WoW. It just kind of popped in there.

A release date better be coming soon...

Bamboozle

Neo Member
I'm playing a merc right now. They have dps and healing talents. Really fun in war zones. Dual pistols, lots of rockets with some healing.

Kingbrave

Every single time I see this topic I check my email. This is the only beta I've signed up for that I haven't gotten into. Dam you Bioware, damn you to hell.....

gtvdave

Same here, getting pretty excited about this. I am not into MMOs really, but I like what this one promises. I am looking into my e-mail each day, hoping to get into the beta. I registered at the official site the day the game was announced and signed up for the beta. No luck though.

Haven't watched the entire video posted above (it's quite boring since it's low level) but I do find the gameplay to be looking very sloppy and sluggish. Kinda reminds me of Warhammer Online, which in my opinion, is not positive at all. I sure hope the upcoming beta build will proove me wrong though. Still, I want this game because it's Star Wars and somehow, I have faith in Bioware.

MaddenNFL64

For anyone who watched the new vid, you guys saw how the class quests worked? You can invite anyone to help you, but they have absolutely no involvement with it, and can't interact in anyway outside of attacking mobs. I think they should let people watch the cutscenes, and the get the music queues.

As it stands now, It's cool that you can have people come at all (and it's so seamless), but I would love to just watch the cutscenes & stuff :(.

MaddenNFL64

EhrgeizVII said:
Haven't watched the entire video posted above (it's quite boring since it's low level) but I do find the gameplay to be looking very sloppy and sluggish. Kinda reminds me of Warhammer Online, which in my opinion, is not positive at all. I sure hope the upcoming beta build will proove me wrong though. Still, I want this game because it's Star Wars and somehow, I have faith in Bioware.

Sloppy & sluggish? Broad terms to throw around, do you care to elaborate? Because I don't get it. It looks cool to me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kingbrave said:
Every single time I see this topic I check my email. This is the only beta I've signed up for that I haven't gotten into. Dam you Bioware, damn you to hell.....

Same. :(

I just want to see if it will even run on my old ass PC. WoW does, Starcraft 2 does on medium, I hope this does.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Sloppy & sluggish? Broad terms to throw around, do you care to elaborate? Because I don't get it. It looks cool to me.

It's hard to explain. I've played WoW for 6 years and the animations in that game look so natural, they don't glitch at all. Here it doesn't seem the case. Probably because of the auto-facing and the cool-looking light saber duels those probably should provide. It just doesn't look smooth and natural to me.

EhrgeizVII said:
It's hard to explain. I've played WoW for 6 years and the animations in that game look so natural, they don't glitch at all. Here it doesn't seem the case. Probably because of the auto-facing and the cool-looking light saber duels those probably should provide. It just doesn't look smooth and natural to me.

Part of it might have to do with FRAPS being used to record the video. It tends to chop the FPS up a bit.

imoTEP12 said:
Yeah looks like there is a real physicality to the combat which is nice.

They are using combat synching like they did in the KOTOR where the characters will animate to look more fluid, sabers clashing against each other, parries, etc. While nice it sometimes doesn't seem to work out so well and can come off as awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom