• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

jholmes

Who woulda thunk that Violent Ken was all you needed to get people to pay $50 for a sloppy port of a game from 1992?

tkscz

Is that the case? I thought the number came from Capcom, who would add digital too. Did I think wrong there?

Capcom's actual words were "450k shipped". You don't ship digital copies. Digital has not been taken into account for this number.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
They should do something different now, rather than expected. Do something out of the ordinary that noone expects and that would hit the current classic revival itch that was proven to be valid with the Crash Bandicoot Remasters.

They should do a Ghosts and Goblins Collection on Switch. Have the original Ghosts n Goblins, and Super Ghouls n Ghosts.....heck even put the N64 one on there too if they really want to make it a full collection.

Seik

Banned
Who woulda thunk that Violent Ken was all you needed to get people to pay $50 for a sloppy port of a game from 1992?

Actually, Street Fighter II HD Remix came out on November 25, 2008, which is 9 years ago. (I get what you're saying, but you talk as if it was a straight port from the OG SFII.)

Violent Ken wasn't the only addition though, there also re-did the entire OST from HDR and added a digital artbook, which looks surprisingly good on my 4K TV.

I would say that it's more of an overpriced port than a sloppy one, though. The only sloppy thing about it is the Way of the Hado mode, imo. What makes this port sloppy to you? As far as I played, almost all the character's arcade mode and a LOT of online matches, the game was pretty tight. I'd like to read you elaborate on that.

All in all, I think the fact that SFII is basically such a legit solid, well known fighting game that it sold itself based on its legacy rather than the new content it could offer. A good game sells, that's all.

ggx2ac

Capcom's actual words were "450k shipped". You don't ship digital copies. Digital has not been taken into account for this number.

Check the fine print:

pdf_26.png

- "Titles (SKU)" for "Full-game download" indicates Digital-only titles

jholmes

Actually, Street Fighter II HD Remix came out on November 25, 2008, which is 9 years ago. (I get what you're saying, but you talk as if it was a straight port from the OG SFII.)

Violent Ken wasn't the only addition though, there also re-did the entire OST from HDR and added a digital artbook, which looks surprisingly good on my 4K TV.

I would say that it's more of an overpriced port than a sloppy one, though. The only sloppy thing about it is the Way of the Hado mode, imo. What makes this port sloppy to you? As far as I played, almost all the character's arcade mode and a LOT of online matches, the game was pretty tight. I'd like to read you elaborate on that.

When I played it at the January event, two months before release, you still had to enter a code to go to a debug menu so you could switch between pixel mode and the anime graphics. Not encouraging a few weeks out for a game with that sort of price tag (and pedigree).

But like I said, finally giving the world a version of Ken who isn't a total pacifist is something you just can't put a price on.

galvatron

Why are none of you mentioning Okami HD? Shit makes perfect sense with touchscreen paintbrush controls.

And maybe CPS2 Arcade Classics. SNK is embarrassing Crapcom at this point.

Because Wii version inexplicably didn't allow real-time painting and still had people pausing like they needed to shift the functionality of their left analog stick on PS2. They'll lazily port it now for sure if they did that while the game was somewhat recent.

When sf2u dropps to $20, I'll get it, but I'm not paying full price for a port of a game that launched at $15 on 360 and ps3 almost a decade ago now.

Resident Evil 7 is one of the few current gen AAA games I can see coming to Switch especially as it was Capcom who pushed for more RAM in the console.

mclem

Would Dragon's Dogma work? I haven't seen it mentioned by many people in this thread, and I'm not sure why it's not an immediate go-to suggestion. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom