• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cday

Banned
Seeing the RE5 QL reminded me how amazing RE4 would be if they remade it in whatever engine they're using (framework 2.0?). As much as I liked RE5 they're squandering all their technological prowess on limited experiences like RE5 and LP2 because of the heavy co op emphasis those games have.

Of course that's just a pipe dream.

Cday said:
Seeing the RE5 QL reminded me how amazing RE4 would be if they remade it in whatever engine they're using (framework 2.0?). As much as I liked RE5 they're squandering all their technological prowess on limited experiences like RE5 and LP2 because of the heavy co op emphasis those games have.

Of course that's just a pipe dream.

LP2?
So I assume you bought & finished the game to comment like that?

Cday

Banned
You have to have a squad of AI with you the whole time. When you co op they play as those squad members. Sounds familiar no?

Although I'm sure it won't be as much of a hindrance as it was in RE5 but they still have their hands tied as far as what they can do with the campaign as opposed to you going it alone. They have to design it around the idea that you're going to have 4 real people playing this campaign due to the fact that you 'can' have 4 people playing.

Watching these guys play Starcraft 2 while I'm not is depressing as hell. They should stick to QuickLooks of stuff that's out or out soon and not embrace the Asshole Beta syndrome that's plagued this industry.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Son of Godzilla said:
Watching these guys play Starcraft 2 while I'm not is depressing as hell. They should stick to QuickLooks of stuff that's out or out soon and not embrace the Asshole Beta syndrome that's plagued this industry.
1UP stream was worse when he lost to Brad and killed his own Factory with 3 SCV's :lol

Ten-Song

Son of Godzilla said:

But the StarCraft 2 beta IS something that just came out, why the hell shouldn't they cover something new when they have the opportunity to? Just because I didn't get access to the beta doesn't mean I think every website ever should just go full media blackout on it until it's open for all the public to see and play. :/

grkazan12 said:
Not a new Quick Look but I'm sorry I just had to post this.
WhirlWorld Helicopters

Mommy, Daddy, Sarah and Billy have a new toy - a WhirlWorld branded helicopter. Tail rotors anyone?

o8xok4.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Son of Godzilla said:

I disagree. I think the look at the beta is a good way for people who couldn't get in to check it out. Then again, I don't care about Starcraft 2 to begin with, so maybe it's not quite the same impact. But it's a public beta, it's not like it's an industry insiders only sort of thing. I don't see a problem with it.

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
Well one of the guys seemed semi knowledgeable.

Why would you even say that :[

Because they didn't seem to care at all about having the game. It sounded like they were playing it out of obligation. Back in the old days, Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot would have given the SC2 beta proper treatment. Now that 1UP is even more console-centric than before, they couldn't care less.

wmat said:
Does it actually say LOL when you kill enemies?

.. why would you do that?

No, my username is Green Scar, why would you do that isn't in this thread.

...:p

Yeah, I dunno, I think the devs were going for a super-hipster feel. YO DAWG, DO YOU LIKE VAMPIRE WEEKEND? THEN CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

Xater

Green Scar said:
No, my username is Green Scar, why would you do that isn't in this thread.

...:p

Yeah, I dunno, I think the devs were going for a super-hipster feel. YO DAWG, DO YOU LIKE VAMPIRE WEEKEND? THEN CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

They lost me when the evil guys came from the Heavy Metal Kingdom.

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Hazaro said:
1UP stream was worse when he lost to Brad and killed his own Factory with 3 SCV's :lol

Yeah, the Giantbomb SC2 Beta stream was at least entertaining and even if they weren't pro players, they seemed knowledgeable.

I'm trying to watch the 1UP stream now... it's bad. "How do I rage quit? Oh, bash the keyboard?" *smashes keyboard, game alt-tabs to desktop* "Wait, what I broke it! I guess hitting the keyboard breaks it! Do what now? Alls Tab? Whats that?"

With Giantbomb there's a least conversation going on between the guys, as opposed to one person asking the same questions over and over again, not leaving space for someone to even answer him.

V_Ben

Banned
seeing a game in liverpool?

studios in liverpool;

Studio Liverpool
Evolution Studios
Rebellion Liverpool
Redoubt
Bizarre Creations

any of those sound likely?

randomlyrossy said:
I love Mondays!

Looks like everyone is going to be out of the office for most of the week so probably not going to have many Quick Looks and the like. :(

Doesn't matter, whatever's going down in Liverpool must be good, as this is the second Yank website who are of to Liverpool on Wednesday (ScrewAttack was the other one). I'm guessing something fairly big is going to happen.

V_Ben

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
Could be BC, surely Blur is getting to the stage where they'll start showing it more?

that was my thought. it seems about time for them to show it again. but surely they wouldn't go all the way to liverpool for Blur? :D

panda21

they record the b-cast on monday so they will probably have time to do it. still i think dave should hijack the site for the rest of the week.

and since Ryan is going to liverpool i think the real question here is is a hamburger a hot beef butty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom