• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

AAK

Nina + Flapping Butterfly combo's = best wall carry in Tekken.

But good luck trying to execute it consistently.

Sayad

Nina + Flapping Butterfly combo's = best wall carry in Tekken.

But good luck trying to execute it consistently.
Does it really count if there's like one Nina player good enough with it to use in real matches and even he drops it frequently?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dina

For some reason, I get confused about Lili's Dew Step (qcf) and FromCrouch moves...

I do the right qcf notation (d, d/f, f), but sometimes it throws our the Dew Step moves, and other times the FC moves. It seems to be that I need to wait a specific amount of time before the Dew Step moves become active, but I can't be sure.

Any Lili's players know what's up?

edit: found a probable cause here https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6m9y65/lili_qcf_struggles/

For some reason, I get confused about Lili's Dew Step (qcf) and FromCrouch moves...

I do the right qcf notation (d, d/f, f), but sometimes it throws our the Dew Step moves, and other times the FC moves. It seems to be that I need to wait a specific amount of time before the Dew Step moves become active, but I can't be sure.

Any Lili's players know what's up?

edit: found a probable cause here https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6m9y65/lili_qcf_struggles/

Yeah it's probably that. d, d/f gives you WS moves.

If it keeps happening, record yourself doing it with input display on and post it here.

Dereck

Was playing some ranked yesterday and pulled off a neat punish, although something tells me he could have turned around in time, I don't really know, I don't play Yoshimitsu.

jYko7I0.gif

Was playing some ranked yesterday and pulled off a neat punish, although something tells me he could have turned around in time, I don't really know, I don't play Yoshimitsu.

jYko7I0.gif

Since he KO'd facing you, I think he was trying to turn around. The only real option there would be for him to do an BT evasive backspin, but even that's not a guarantee.

sasuke_91

jYko7I0.gif
I don't think he could have evaded that.
It's hard for me to punish stuff like this or Dragunov's WR+2 after stepping it. That was a neat punish.

Perineum

Does Lars have the best wall carry in the game? Cause I'm starting to think so.

https://youtu.be/UpwVndtyxGw?t=2m27s

This guy's mobility is just sooo much fun and his combos are a blast to pull off because how insanely quick he is.

One of the funner characters I've taken online. His toolset is just so damn cool to see and do.

I took Miguel online tonight and what a roller coaster. Won 10+matches in a row free, then lost 10 in a row. After that I got to play Jin player where it was neck and neck 2-2 close on health every single damn game. He shut me down from rank up 3 times. Lots of haspect.

Miguel's tools are solid, and he hits like a truck, but something feels lacking. Like why the hell is his DB1 low launcher only able to get him a measly 40 damage, yet is just as slow as like Katarina's low launcher or Bryan's which allow them to net a full ass damage combo?

Perineum

You can hold/charge it for a full launcher. I don't recommend it, but it's possible.

Usually if I let the move at all rip is when I am down and need a hail mary. Gotta test the opponents reactions.

However, I didn't know it can be charged. I'm a dumbass. Plus I didn't see it in YT videos oddly enough when I looked up combos.

Different Miguel question for you or anyone else---what is his best WS punish? I don't think the WS 2, 2 is the ideal damage one is it? Or is it 2, 4? What should the follow up be? The usual DB2, DF1, DF4,1,DF2,2, dash up FF2,1.

Usually if I let the move at all rip is when I am down and need a hail mary. Gotta test the opponents reactions.

However, I didn't know it can be charged. I'm a dumbass. Plus I didn't see it in YT videos oddly enough when I looked up combos.

Different Miguel question for you or anyone else---what is his best WS punish? I don't think the WS 2, 2 is the ideal damage one is it? Or is it 2, 4? What should the follow up be? The usual DB2, DF1, DF4,1,DF2,2, dash up FF2,1.

ws2,2 has easier combo potential, ws2,4 has better damage potential. The main combo I do is ws2,4 S! SAV u/f+3, d/f+4,1, d/f+4,1,1

Perineum

ws2,2 has easier combo potential, ws2,4 has better damage potential. The main combo I do is ws2,4 S! SAV u/f+3, d/f+4,1, d/f+4,1,1

I'm all about damage potential. My execution in this game is damn fine IMO, minus practice with the Mishimas.

I'll practice that one tomorrow. Miguel is fun as hell.

I'm all about damage potential. My execution in this game is damn fine IMO, minus practice with the Mishimas.

I'll practice that one tomorrow. Miguel is fun as hell.

Well if you really believe in your execution then go for ws2,4 S! ssr d/b+2, d/f+1~f, SAV u/f+3, f,f+2,1

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Perineum

Well if you really believe in your execution then go for ws2,4 S! ssr d/b+2, d/f+1~f, SAV u/f+3, f,f+2,1

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll try both. I can do his other SSR combos 99% of the time so we'll see if this one is reliable compared to the other you posted.

GrayFoxPL

It's been over 2 months since I asked Michael Murray for help and kind gamers aided me with this.

I hate bothering Murray again but I just tweeted him for help again. I pray this will have a effect eventually.

awlP6qk.gif

LowParry

Been playing around with Eliza and King. I dunno how far I'll learn King chain throw combos but his bnb stuff is great. Eliza has been a lot of fun so far but haven't really taken the two online yet.

Perineum

Is there no adapter that could workaround this you could purchase? Who knows if they ever will do anything or how long it might take.

GrayFoxPL

Is there no adapter that could workaround this you could purchase? Who knows if they ever will do anything or how long it might take.

Not for that pad, no.

I'm already using an Brook adapter for a different, much worse pad for T7. And if that pad dies it's completely over for me in T7 because I can't get another one like it anymore. While I have 12-15 of logitech pad specially collected for fighting games. They all work in all PS4 fighting games that have legacy support including PS2 classics like SNK games. T7 is the only one that locks out full legacy controller support.

was playing offline with some friends over the Weekend and the 2nd controller kept desycing / disconnecting no matter how many controllers i tried and think it happend with the Primary one as well , playing this on a Non pro PS4 off an external Can anyone Help ?

Nuszka

Yeah sort of agree with you, i like rocking my legacy tag1 bald bryan, some other legacy stuff as well. As long as its tasteful but honestly 99% of my opponents just go full clown.

Yeah sort of agree with you, i like rocking my legacy tag1 bald bryan, some other legacy stuff as well. As long as its tasteful but honestly 99% of my opponents just go full clown.
because 99% of the customization options are joke options, which is legitimately disappointing.

Does anyone know if Noroma streams? I'm a newbie Jack-7 player (sorry) and I'd love to watch him some more, his aggressive style is so much fun to watch, such a difference from saint.

Some Lars questions.

• When is f,f+2 a useful tool? When an opponent whiffs a slow move in front of me? Because I really see no other use for it given that it's -13 oB.
  • F+1+2 is really only good as a block punish for -15 oB moves, correct?
  • I've been using these combos as my BnBs but I do have an issue with the dash into d/f+1. I can't do it consistently enough and I feel like I drop too much potential damage and corner carry with it, especially if the opponent is already close to the wall and I can get a b+3 into SE 1 which does a fuckton of damage if they're at the wall. Should I just drop the d/f+1 and sacrifice the 3-4 damage or should I just keep at it?
  • Why does Lars speak in Japanese and not Swiss or English?
  • Why does Lars look so anime?

Some Lars questions.

• When is f,f+2 a useful tool? When an opponent whiffs a slow move in front of me? Because I really see no other use for it given that it's -13 oB. Medium range whiff punisher, and you pretty much never see it used because others prefer his orbital or Lighting Screw for that purpose.
  • F+1+2 is really only good as a block punish for -15 oB moves, correct? If you step a linear attack you can use it as a close range whiff punisher. This is a typical Lars strategy.
  • I've been using these combos as my BnBs but I do have an issue with the dash into d/f+1. I can't do it consistently enough and I feel like I drop too much potential damage and corner carry with it, especially if the opponent is already close to the wall and I can get a b+3 into SE 1 which does a fuckton of damage if they're at the wall. Should I just drop the d/f+1 and sacrifice the 3-4 damage or should I just keep at it? Always practice the optimal one and go for it in matches. Can't improve otherwise. That said, in a clutch situation you can cut it out.
  • Why does Lars speak in Japanese and not Swiss or English? He is half Japanese, but who knows.
  • Why does Lars look so anime? WHY NOT?

Thanks! Guess I'll just keep grinding away at that combo.

While I don't mind his look or anything, I do dislike that he has to speak Japanese while others get to speak different languages. It just adds to the anime factor.

GrayFoxPL

Lars was supposedly be "super hero style" when he debuted. Not western super hero, but Japanese like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, anime. Lot's of exaggerated movement, spins, unrealistic dash speeds, finger and palm strikes. I really always liked it actually.

Ff+2 F you can use to change sides with opponent in combos(It was used for sandwitch combos in Tag2) also decent after balcony break bounce. But they should make this move flip grounded opponents, f+3,2 does that but it's even slower than ff+2. Maybe ff+2 hits grounded at the wall, I haven't tested it.

AAK

Lars could do some batshit crazy tech roll and tag crash set ups with f,f+2~f as a wall combo ender in Tag2. I don't personally know them, but I have seen some shit.

All the talk I've heard about Lars is that he has long combos in a game that doesn't favour them as heavily, and that other characters can do what he does with less execution requirements like Shaheen.

That may be but none of them let me do those anime moves, let me side switch after a launch like a badass and do insane combos with his Rage Drives. With a Rage Drive combo, you can literally get some one from one side of the stage to another even on a moderately sized stage.

Perineum

I think my typical Lars combos were mid to high 60's with a few in the 70's.

My ender was always (barring wall being there) just F3 ~1, F1. Never had to dash up doing that which was nice. Did the same as dash up back 3, F1. I think it's F1.. might be F2. The big ass punch that pushes them far back and hits mid.

The filler in the middle is super easy too. A lot of DB2, 1, DF2, 1. A hit prior to that generally to extend damage.

He has a super annoying tool with his DB1, 3. Where he sweeps low, goes, high, but if you hold DB during doing those two hits, he spins and crouches, to allow for a potential mix up there. Often a DF 1+2, gets you another low hit, but if they get wise to that you can just do a WS to launch, or stand up and do orbital heel if you see them crouch blocking. Really good tool.

My ender was always (barring wall being there) just F3 ~1, F1. Never had to dash up doing that which was nice. Did the same as dash up back 3, F1. I think it's F1.. might be F2. The big ass punch that pushes them far back and hits mid.
Hmm, I'll definitely look into those.

TaterTots

Banned
Took awhile to finally find the character I truly enjoy, but it is Eddy. So fun to play and I finally got to Warrior rank. Took like 104 wins with him to do so, but at least I did it. Gonna try to get Dragonuv to Warrior now.

Top Bottom