• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

prudislav

Like what? It's as "bad" as the other Dead Rising games. I.E. Survivor AI is still garbage, and gameplay is still a bit of a wonky mess.

But it's still Dead Rising, and it's still fun.
The only truly negative thing I have to say about it is that the psychos were incredibly lame compared to the ones in 2. And that it was quite a bit easier than the other ones.
well i personally love DR2 (even did fan translation of the game to my lang), but heard that DR3 tries to be too serios instead of crazy messy fun like second one ,
but didnt played it myself (as i am trying to learn to use gamepad , but my hands seems to be incompatible with the damn thing) so i cant tell

Someone needs to pull up the list of games that leaked on steams database and the ones that didn't actually come out. It's probably just the halo games but, hey, who knows without looking.

knirk

Banned
DR3 for PC you say..

KAjgA40.gif

Sydle

Well, I guess its good news, since everyone now will be able to play this game (and its pure fun). But I dont think its a good idea for Xbox One to release its biggest titles on PC, I hope it doesnt become so frequent.

Good idea for Xbox in general since they'll still make money from publishing the games. Don't PC software sales eclipse console sales by a considerable amount?

Additionally, don't most sales of a game happen up front? I would think releasing it on another platform like PC 6+months post Xbox console release just gives it longer legs and it would help sell more Xbox One controllers for the PC.

Not sure how this can be spun as a bad thing, but loving the attempts.

sunnz

Dead rising 3 has me at like 65% to get an XBONE, so that being on PC and all the advantages that brings will make the XBONE less tempting, meaning more than a price drop will be needed for me to get it.

Hope it is true, rather not spend over £300 for a game :p

yuraya

Good job Phil Spencer! But your job isn't finished just yet. You now have to get to work on bringing over all the Halo, Fable, Forza, and Gears games over to Steam as well.
And don't forget about Ryse and Lost Odyssey ;)

Grief.exe

I would assume that it is a timed exclusive and this release has more to do with Capcom than Microsoft.

And im still waiting for Halo 3.
taking the steam database as fact can be hit and miss, so i dont get my hopes high.

99% hit
1% miss

Sticking with your guns though.

Polish QA company QLOC is listed on the ip logs so its getting tested.

QLOC just did the RE4 PC port and the post-release support was amazing.

They even managed to bring out effects that have previously been exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

Kssio_Aug

Good idea for Xbox in general since they'll still make money from publishing the games. Don't PC software sales eclipse console sales by a considerable amount?

Additionally, don't most sales of a game happen up front? I would think releasing it on another platform like PC 6+months post Xbox console release just gives it longer legs and it would help sell more Xbox One controllers for the PC.

Not sure how this can be spun as a bad thing, but loving the attempts.

Well, I can be wrong, but I believe consoles needs to hold exclusive games. Thats the reason why Sony Playstation is so strong, they have a pretty ammount of exclusive games that most people know it will never be playable on another platform... thats what encourages people to buy a console instead of choosing a PC.

nded

I remember reading something about this game being developed for PCs in the first place.

This is not a port beg
I wonder if they are doing a PS4 port as well, I'd rather play it there. If not I'll gladly buy the PC version.

Microsoft apparently put some money into this game, so a PS4 port probably won't happen.

Grief.exe

Unpopular opinion? I would prefer Dragon's Dogma.

This is not a port beg
I wonder if they are doing a PS4 port as well, I'd rather play it there. If not I'll gladly buy the PC version.

This is an interesting question.

Was the PS4 stipulated in the contract? Did Microsoft lock the game up as a timed Xbox One exclusive and could not publish on the PS4?

Grisby

One of the best games of last year. I think it's a must play for DR fans and it's great how it fits into the DR mythos.

Unpopular? I'm sure everyone who has played both games would rather have DD on PC. :p
well i personally love DR2 (even did fan translation of the game to my lang), but heard that DR3 tries to be too serios instead of crazy messy fun like second one ,
but didnt played it myself (as i am trying to learn to use gamepad , but my hands seems to be incompatible with the damn thing) so i cant tell
I had that concern too but it's a non-issue. It's just less colorful is all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Polish QA company QLOC is listed on the ip logs so its getting tested.

QLOC is in charge of Capcom's Steamworks conversion of SSF4. Dead Rising 2's happening as well with release of Dead Rising 3?

Oh boy.

Wereroku

This is an interesting question.

Was the PS4 stipulated in the contract? Did Microsoft lock the game up as a timed Xbox One exclusive and could not publish on the PS4?

They published it so it won't come to PS4 unless Microsoft allows them to port greatest hits versions. I looked through a bunch of the ips listed and Capcom Europe and Jp are listed along with some Canadian and California addresses.

Sentenza

On a side note I honestly don't think Halo 3 showing in the Steam database was just a mistake.

Chances are the game still not showing up is more about some change of plans for Microsoft.
Now, if that change of plans means the port is being cancelled or just delayed it's hard to say, but time will tell.

Fdkn

I recall reading that MS helped funding Mass Effect too and we all know how it ended so I don't think we can call anything impossible about third party games.

harmonize

Definitely excited for this if true. Looks like a silly, fun game that I would've never experience otherwise because I'm probably not going to get a One anytime soon regardless. Honestly, if Final Fantasy XV comes to PC, I might not get a current-gen system at all until the very end of the generation.

clockpunk

From what I remember, the rumor prior to the game's reveal was that it was a last gen game turned next gen exclusive late into development. As someone who beat the game, that seems completely accurate.

I'm still hoping that a 360 port might *just* be revealed as well...

vg260

Also, I think this is more Capcom supporting the PC than Microsoft.

Microsoft can display their support by releasing the One controller drivers...
and KI

Espi

Banned
This is not a port beg

I highly doubt Microsoft funded the development only for it to show up later on PS4.

Releasing on PC isn't that big of a deal. Even on GAF it's obvious that most console gamers don't care about PC so releasing their games on here isn't really going to hurt them.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
No it isnt. It is a good idea for the players and Capcom, but not for Xbox One image.
Edit: I mean. Yeah, its a good idea to release it on most platforms possible, just not a good idea for Xbox One. Consoles needs exclusivity after all.

And here we go... people putting words on my mouth.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you said you don't want xbone games coming to PC.

z1ggy

Will buy, this gonna look good at 1044p and 60 fps. At this point, only reason to get a new console is Project Beast...

Sydle

Well, I can be wrong, but I believe consoles needs to hold exclusive games. Thats the reason why Sony Playstation is so strong, they have a pretty ammount of exclusive games that most people know it will never be playable on another platform... thats what encourages people to buy a console instead of choosing a PC.

Aren't hardware margins slim? Software sales and services revenue is where it's at, right? I realize that Xbox Live subscriptions may be at stake, but if the game already sold 80% of what it was going to sell in the first 6 months then why not make more money off the game?

Additionally, this puts more money in Capcom's pockets. Microsoft funds or partially funds and allows it to be released to the largest audience possible. Where's the downside here and who is it for?

Do we believe there is a market of console buyers who would buy/build a gaming rig?

EDIT: And, yeah, I could be wrong, too.

Wereroku

May have to double dip if it ever happens.

I am pretty sure its happening since it is being accessed by their porting house but the real question for me is did they specifically get permission to do this in the contract with Microsoft and if so will that be true for all of their games. Deep Down would fit really well on PC since it is a ftp title.

I highly doubt Microsoft funded the development only for it to show up later on PS4.

Releasing on PC isn't that big of a deal. Even on GAF it's obvious that most console gamers don't care about PC so releasing their games on here isn't really going to hurt them.
But how much did MS really fund? The game was previously in development on 360 and PS3 with the same characters and story.
It's not like DR2 was a failure. I wouldn't be surprised if they just paid for the publishing and to port it to Xbone.

Rubius

Dammit. Already bought it on X1, so I will probably not double dip. But I hate temporary exclusivity. I want to play on PC to get the best quality possible.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It was arguably one of the best launch titles for a console ever.

Ok man, pump your brakes for a second. I played this for a little while at a friends house. It's a fun game and I'm hyped that it's coming to PC. It isn't Mario 64 or Soul Calibur tho.

blakep267

Dead rising isn't halo or gears. So it being on oc doesn't devalue the console. Dr3 sold over a million copies and did its job. Sales for the game are probably non existent at this point. MS are probably publishing it on the PC as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom