• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Dehnus

Sold out!

Unbelievable.

DUH, there will always be enough fanboys to buy the first batch, and Nintendo never produces enough for the first batch. It is a tactic of "create scarcity so people panic and buy it!" thing. You also saw it with the Amiibos where they did NOTHING against the scalpers nor did they produce more.

Sony at least produces plenty or tries to keep up.

Shahadan

Where in Luxemburg do you order?

And how good is Amazon.fr with delivering the packets in time on the 3rd? Would it be possible to get it if I order from Germany?

To get it day one (supposedly) to germany you'd have to pay 11€ for shipping + 3€ per kg according to their pricing page.
It doesn't sound like a good deal, even assuming you're getting it on launch day

DUH, there will always be enough fanboys to buy the first patch, and Nintendo never produces enough for the first batch. It is a tactic of "create scarcity so people panic and buy it!" thing. You also saw it with the Amiibos where they did NOTHING against the scalpers nor did they produce more.

Is this sarcasm?
Especially the bit about the amiibos.

flozuki

DUH, there will always be enough fanboys to buy the first patch, and Nintendo never produces enough for the first batch. It is a tactic of "create scarcity so people panic and buy it!" thing. You also saw it with the Amiibos where they did NOTHING against the scalpers nor did they produce more.

Hmm, talking about fanboys... So when Sony tries to produce enough and there are no Pro consoles or VR headsets around it is ok but if Nintendo does it, it is a tactic? I have to write that down!

And you have to show me a large company that did anything against scalpers. That sounds pretty exciting.

Ordered from Amazon.fr now. €10 cheaper than from Germany. Hope Amazon.de will decrease the price before it launches.

Haven't you tried to chat with them regarding the price yesterday (switch was about 178,50 Euros). The customer service told me it will be honoured so we will see^^

Thanks, doesn't work either way though, amazon.fr doesn't ship the Switch to Germany :(

Hopefully there are some good deals in Germany around that time and amazon does a 'same price' guarantee.

But they do. I just ordered the Switch a couple minutes ago.

deleted

To get it day one (supposedly) to germany you'd have to pay 11€ for shipping + 3€ per kg according to their pricing page.
It doesn't sound like a good deal, even assuming you're getting it on launch day

Nope, doesn't sound like it's worth it - I still have my Amazon.de order up and running, so it doesn't matter too much in the end.

But they do. I just ordered the Switch a couple minutes ago.

I get this though:

'Der Verkäufer kann die Ware nicht in ausgewählten Schiff Deutschland (Festland) .'

don't know a word in french, it's the google translator

dosch

Neo Member
Got my order on amazon.fr - what an amazing deal! I'm not bothered by the delay as I'll have plenty to do elsewhere. Thanks GAF!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Right now my order is sitting at 319,00 + 59,90 = 378,90 with free shipping, both from Amazon ES, which is not that bad.

Switching the console to FR (314) would save 5€, but my Premium won't apply, so with shipping it becomes 326, so it's not worth it. I hope ES matches that.

This might interest you :)

Don't know if 30€ credit deal works in Fnac Spain too, worth trying.

Edit: Looks like you get this hat + 10 euro credit

ns.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Nope, Düsseldorf :p

Ah, thanks! I'll think it through :)

Edit: I'll safe 35 Euro, Delivery included but may be 2-3 days (I guess more like a week?) late. I may just order over there...

Düsseldorf! Damit sind wir jetzt 2.

Zatoth

Haven't you tried to chat with them regarding the price yesterday (switch was about 178,50 Euros). The customer service told me it will be honoured so we will see^^

Ordered the grey one. That had no pricing error, right? And usually I don't bother with stuff like that. Too afraid I may one day land on the Amazon ban list. :D

deleted

Düsseldorf! Damit sind wir jetzt 2.

Nice! :D Ein Gaffer mehr in der Altstadt

I took the bait and preordered on Amazon France too.. No idea if I'll keep it, sell it or simply cancel one of my preorders. 35 Euro would be Binding of Isaac on launch or Fast RMX or half a joycon... But I'd get my Switch almost a week later :p

oti

Banned
Pre-ordered the Zelda Switch Bundle on AmazonFR. It would save me 40€, which is nice. But I'm ready to cancel if it won't be here (in Germany) on launch.

Amazon.fr getting me confused. The bundle Switch + Zelda is cheaper so I wanna preorder that, however I've had the switch solo pre-ordered for a while now, I just don't wanna cancel an early order in case they do run into issues with deliveries.

I just ordered the bundle as well and I'll wait it out to see how the prices end up, I'll just have to cancel one before they charge me in march. :x

shamo42

maybe a stupid question, but is the back of the zelda box in french if you order from amazon.fr or fnac?

Yes, probably.

I'm happy enough as long as the game itself is multilingual. I'll swap the cover with the (imo better) US cover anyway.

THEaaron

Nice! :D Ein Gaffer mehr in der Altstadt

I took the bait and preordered on Amazon France too.. No idea if I'll keep it, sell it or simply cancel one of my preorders. 35 Euro would be Binding of Isaac on launch or Fast RMX or half a joycon... But I'd get my Switch almost a week later :p

Essen ist auch nicht weit weg.. :p

Considering to preorder a pro controller. Maybe I will get one if the joycons with the grip wont do it for me.

jts

...hate me...
FNAC done as well!

This pre-order game is being quite fun to me tbh.

My 3 horses in the race to the bottom:

Amazon.de Nintendo Switch (neon) 342.82€ + Amazon.co.uk Zelda 50.61€* = 393.43€
Amazon.fr Nintendo Switch (neon) 339.47€ + Amazon.co.uk Zelda 50.61€* = 390.08€
Fnac.com Nintendo Switch (neon) and Zelda 382.29€ WITH 30€ gift card.

Fnac leading by far, then. Beware Fnac buyers (at least Naked Snake), that Fnac will automatically renew the Fnac+ card in about 3 weeks for 49€, valid for a year. I will set a reminder ASAP. And also I hope that the 30€ back aren't linked to having that card active, lol.

Madn

FNAC done as well!

This pre-order game is being quite fun to me tbh.

My 3 horses in the race to the bottom:

Amazon.de Nintendo Switch (neon) 342.82€ + Amazon.co.uk Zelda 50.61€* = 393.43€
Amazon.fr Nintendo Switch (neon) 339.47€ + Amazon.co.uk Zelda 50.61€* = 390.08€
Fnac.com Nintendo Switch (neon) and Zelda 382.29€ WITH 30€ gift card.

Fnac leading by far, then. Beware Fnac buyers (at least Naked Snake), that Fnac will automatically renew the Fnac+ card in about 3 weeks for 49€, valid for a year. I will set a reminder ASAP. And also I hope that the 30€ back aren’t linked to having that card active, lol.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, especially since they'll add the money once the order is completed, which is after I'd have canceled the subscription to Fnac+

Wil348

Amazon.fr getting me confused. The bundle Switch + Zelda is cheaper so I wanna preorder that, however I've had the switch solo pre-ordered for a while now, I just don't wanna cancel an early order in case they do run into issues with deliveries.

I just ordered the bundle as well and I'll wait it out to see how the prices end up, I'll just have to cancel one before they charge me in march. :x

It should be fine. Usually when Amazon FR run out of stock allocations, the item will simply become unavailable (this was the case with PSVR). They also wouldn't be dropping the price as quickly as they are if it was selling out.

VAD

Meh, fnac's offer is not that good: spend 49€ on top of their regular membership to save an extra 20€. I'll keep my already existing 30€ bonus.

Dehnus

Hmm, talking about fanboys... So when Sony tries to produce enough and there are no Pro consoles or VR headsets around it is ok but if Nintendo does it, it is a tactic? I have to write that down!

And you have to show me a large company that did anything against scalpers. That sounds pretty exciting.

ME a Sony fanboy, funny as people that know me know I despise Sony with a vengeance. But I do believe that Sony would produce more if they could, especially in their current state of losing money on most other ventures. Nintendo however is known to not care if things get scalped. The Amiibo situation has shown that. They could easily have revved up production of these plastic figurines at least for a few weeks so that within a week the stock would be plentiful again. But noope...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
New FNAC update :)

Switch + Zelda bundle is now at 359€ (-5€ since yesterday).

Minus 30€ offered (on a next order) = 329€, with a psychological pricing I see at 269€ the Switch + 60€ Zelda.

New FNAC update :)

Switch + Zelda bundle is now at 359€ (-5€ since yesterday).

Minus 30€ offered (on a next order) = 329€, with a psychological pricing I see at 269€ the Switch + 60€ Zelda.

Fnac doesn't have lowest pre-order price guarantee? My order from yesterday still shows 365€

Matbtz

Fnac doesn't have lowest pre-order price guarantee? My order from yesterday still shows 365€

Yes they do but it is said :
Dans le cadre des précommandes, si le prix pratiqué par Fnac.com sur un article baisse entre le moment où vous passez votre commande et le jour de l'expédition de votre colis, Fnac.com vous garantit une facturation au prix le plus bas durant cette période.
Valable uniquement sur les produits en précommande, vendus et expédiés par Fnac.com.

Which means if a price drops on an article you'll have that same lowered price but the real question is : does that apply for "bundles" too ? And that I don't know because the price of the individual items are the same so...

JCH!

Am I the only one whose delivery date is March 2nd or is this something more common? Amazon.es has set my shipping date to be March 1st.

Matbtz

I cancelled and replaced my order, just in case.

The SWITCH30 code still worked? I thought someone yesterday said he couldn't use it after he cancelled the order.

Ok I just asked a fnac vendor on chat and he said we will have the lowered price even if the price on individual items don't change (we just have to wait for the actual reduction to update on our preorders i guess)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Sorry dude, I don't know what's wrong. I sent this deal to a friend a couple of hours ago and it also worked for him, the 30€ were credited.

Coffinhal

FNAC.COM

If you place Zelda+Switch in your basket and then put the SWITCH30 code, it's 359.99 total + 30e in discount voucher when the package is shipped (cool for accessories day one)
So basically Zelda is FREE
I guess you need to have the card but I'm not sure (I have it)

If you place Mario Kart 8+the pair of joycon wheels, the wheels (14.99) are free (59.99 total)

jts

...hate me...
Sorry dude, I don't know what's wrong. I sent this deal to a friend a couple of hours ago and it also worked for him, the 30€ were credited.
So we can use the 30€ already? Or what? Is it a code sent to the email? What it is exactly?

I'm just afraid it won't work after canceling the Fnac+ card.

Again people, don't forget you must cancel the Fnac+ trial before they charge you €49 in about 3 weeks.

Top Bottom